Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 3 change or buff

AntonioKr123

as of today Excalibur's 3rd ability can hit up to 12 enemies and deals OK dmg, it helps players clean up till lvl 30, after that the ability kinda falls of and you just never use it. Unless you are using his augment, Furious javelin, that at 1st seems good but than you realize  there are better and stronger mods to use on him, so can we please get a dmg buff and no cap for enemies and for it to no longer be based of line of sight? i know i may be asking for a lot but not a huge dmg buff, or better just increase its scaling with power str. If you have any ideas on how to buff the ability just reply pls no hate  

I agree it needs a real change. It was requested many times, and this ability was reworked several times (debuffed successively), with no success.

I suggest to make it a more defensive ability, to meet the "balanced" yearning of Excalibur:

When cast, the blades orbit around Excalibur, forming a protective guard. Rather than the classic damage reduction, it could be something like:

- damage-gating on his health. (the swords explode one by one and provide a very short invulnerability+status removal).

- or healing excalibur with the blood of enemies (requires him to be relatively close to the enemies so that the rotating blades can cut them: incentive to go melee)

Both of these would be noob-friendlier, especially the 2d, I think, while the veterans could prefer the 1st for end-game.

Note: The ability could be recast while active to throw away the remaining javelin to nearby enemies, like currently, and eventually renew the protection after that.

Note 2: I am not in favor of a damage buff: it just pushes forward the level at which the ability becomes completely useless. And I feel like the main damage output of XK is his ulti, and this should remain as is.

Edited by Yaerion

1 hour ago, Yaerion said:

When cast, the blades orbit around Excalibur, forming a protective guard.

I'd suggest making it a multi-directional auto parry with varying amounts of parry type reduction based on the direction say 50% on the sides and 20% from behind (Frontal guarding would need to be covered by Excalibur himself, this also creates a synergy with the auto parry on Exalted Blade)

Your idea is pretty much the same idea I've had about fixing the ability, right down to the double action of sending them out as the ability currently is if used before they expire.