Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE can we have the Ninja sword now?

RuFi0

my first reaction to your post is : dud ... cuz they are reworking melee 3.0, and we already have many obsolete swords

my second reaction is: yeah it could be a tennogen skin

then my third reaction is: Why do we have a Candy Scythe skin but no Lolipop hammer skin ....

.... so .. yeah .... 

Edited by FireSegment
  • Like 1

I can't believe this is still a discussion...

This bickering is what it must sound like at Star Trek conventions right before the drop-kicks and neck-pinches go down.

@RuFi0 I hope DE does make your ninja sword bro... And I hope they give it an alt-fire that turns it into a lightsaber, or makes the blade shoot out, or make "Hyah" noises when you swing it...something. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Boy op you really got some people worked up in here asking for a simple sword   I better not ask for a light saber or they would really blow a gasket 

There would be a global fainting spell

fainting GIF

Edited by Padre_Akais

29 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Boy op you really got some people worked up in here asking for a simple sword   I better not ask for a light saber or they would really blow a gasket 

You're telling me. I have never seen such backlash over a sword that is so iconic.

I'm 100% sure Gunz is just trolling now though. As for others...I don't get the hostility at all.

And folks wonder why DE prefers to refer to reddit & Twitter for feedback...

Seems like anything asked for now is taboo.

I've been asking for Sci-Fi tech (lightsabers, laser guns that aren't beam weapons) for ages. Better not to ask again it seems.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

I can't believe this is still a discussion...

This bickering is what it must sound like at Star Trek conventions right before the drop-kicks and neck-pinches go down.

@RuFi0 I hope DE does make your ninja sword bro... And I hope they give it an alt-fire that turns it into a lightsaber, or makes the blade shoot out, or make "Hyah" noises when you swing it...something. 

Lol thanks man, I hope we get the Ninja sword too. And I hope it's not symmetrical, not true to real life, makes HOIYA noises when you swing it, and the description of it says "This swords was used in real life by real Ninjas just like you"

I do have to thank all the people bringing in the nonsense though, my thread would have fallen into oblivion had it not been for the constant bumps. I'm sure someone at DE has seen it by now. It's probably on the daily meeting board for "Today's Topics" as Ninja Sword Clusterf**** - "He's been through enough, get the man a NInja Sword. Alright what else are we working on" - DE Scott

Just now, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'm 100% sure Gunz is just trolling now though. As for others...I don't get the hostility at all.

Yeah. Fair. I'm not proud of everything I've done on this thread - particularly that Ninja existence debate. Which they've not followed up on, so trolling is the most likely explanation. And I fell for it, hook line and sinker.

At this point I'm just apathetic to the idea - I don't particularly hate it I just don't really see a reason to have it, as I've said. But I'm not going to throw a tantrum if it does.

1 hour ago, RuFi0 said:

Dude, stop putting words in my mouth. I never used incorrect source material, I added in ANOTHER weapon of Chinese origin at the end of my post and even explained why I posted the picture. None of my source material was incorrect. I had to simplify my answer to "I just want the Ninjato in the game of Warframe" because you repeatedly kept going off topic about things that had no right to be in the thread, like historical accuracy and what it was used for, and other irrelevant things. You're absolutely incorrect and I don't care if you want to make things up to try and skew this (absolutely irrelevant) debate towards your own bias. You're wrong.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Because I haven't bothered to say anything about your "wushu" sword photo, and repeatedly pointed out that you keep referencing comics and cartoons not known for their historical accuracy or attention to detail. 

Pretty sure that the conversation already pointed out that the swords were supposed to be ninjato but generally didn't reflect that too. 

Now do me a favour. Go to find something like a 12 inch ruler. Make a fist with your right hand and place the ruler just between your index and thumb perpendicular to both. Fix that image in your head. A ninjato can be that size up to but not exceeding twice that, give or take. Is that really what you wanted? 

Or did you expect something longer? 

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm not proud of everything I've done on this thread - particularly that Ninja existence debate. Which they've not followed up on, so trolling is the most likely explanation. And I fell for it, hook line and sinker.

Well mate I been doing this thing called working so I have been firing off messages in my limited spare time. And I don't know if it's because I am on a mobile device but the formatting of the inbox message you sent is a bit of a mess so words are overlapping and really tricky to read. 

I was going to try reading it on a computer later. But I understand your impatience and I'm sure that you will forgive now that you have a better explanation. 

Also I was thinking about letting you point out that ninjas, if they existed, supposedly did actually have access to guns. But hey that's probably what makes that dude figure I'm trolling. 

33 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. Because I haven't bothered to say anything about your "wushu" sword photo, and repeatedly pointed out that you keep referencing comics and cartoons not known for their historical accuracy or attention to detail. 

Pretty sure that the conversation already pointed out that the swords were supposed to be ninjato but generally didn't reflect that too. 

Now do me a favour. Go to find something like a 12 inch ruler. Make a fist with your right hand and place the ruler just between your index and thumb perpendicular to both. Fix that image in your head. A ninjato can be that size up to but not exceeding twice that, give or take. Is that really what you wanted? 

Or did you expect something longer? 

I didn't read any of that but thanks for the bump! 😋

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well mate I been doing this thing called working so I have been firing off messages in my limited spare time. And I don't know if it's because I am on a mobile device but the formatting of the inbox message you sent is a bit of a mess so words are overlapping and really tricky to read. 

I was going to try reading it on a computer later. But I understand your impatience and I'm sure that you will forgive now that you have a better explanation. 

Also I was thinking about letting you point out that ninjas, if they existed, supposedly did actually have access to guns. But hey that's probably what makes that dude figure I'm trolling.  

Honestly?

I don't give much of a damn about this thread anymore. I've said my piece. I don't have any particular feelings towards adding this weapon to Warframe, at least not anymore. And I certainly don't care about your tiff with other people, so I didn't read it.

That being said, whilst I didn't care enough to look earlier, thanks for drawing attention to that. For somebody so vehemently arguing against the existence of Ninja as historical it does seem odd that you're correcting people on their Ninja history. So, that's evidence to me that you're at the very least just playing devils advocate. There's also your consistent dismissal of major chunks of my posts that defy your argument, as well as previous attempts to misrepresent my claims - for example tacking on a claim that I was arguing for the existence of Ninjato.

Those, I would imagine are the actual reasons they think you're trolling. And also why I'm inclined to agree with them.

If you do indeed want to have an honest debate, I'll be happy to in the PM's. If you plan to keep doing what you've been doing, playing devil's advocate and/or dismissing anything I say that you can't talk your way around as well misrepresenting my arguments, then please, just drop it. 

30 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Honestly?

I don't give much of a damn about this thread anymore. I've said my piece. I don't have any particular feelings towards adding this weapon to Warframe, at least not anymore. And I certainly don't care about your tiff with other people, so I didn't read it.

That being said, whilst I didn't care enough to look earlier, thanks for drawing attention to that. For somebody so vehemently arguing against the existence of Ninja as historical it does seem odd that you're correcting people on their Ninja history. So, that's evidence to me that you're at the very least just playing devils advocate. There's also your consistent dismissal of major chunks of my posts that defy your argument, as well as previous attempts to misrepresent my claims - for example tacking on a claim that I was arguing for the existence of Ninjato.

Those, I would imagine are the actual reasons they think you're trolling. And also why I'm inclined to agree with them.

If you do indeed want to have an honest debate, I'll be happy to in the PM's. If you plan to keep doing what you've been doing, playing devil's advocate and/or dismissing anything I say that you can't talk your way around as well misrepresenting my arguments, then please, just drop it. 

Honestly. And you seem rather peeved about something. I'd just started the reply, but it's hard going because I'm still on mobile and the formatting is still borked. I'd only gotten as far as the bit about the texts not supposedly instructing on the use of divination magic, but whatever floats your boat mate. That's dropped, as requested. 

What I will do is ask you to show where I claimed that you were arguing for the existence of the ninjato in an historical context since you've accused me of it. (You may want to actually check out that post that you decided was an attempt to strawman you on that point. It's on page 3.)

Either way, have a good one Tenno. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Honestly. And you seem rather peeved about something. I'd just started the reply, but it's hard going because I'm still on mobile and the formatting is still borked. I'd only gotten as far as the bit about the texts not supposedly instructing on the use of divination magic, but whatever floats your boat mate. That's dropped, as requested. 

What I will do is ask you to show where I claimed that you were arguing for the existence of the ninjato in an historical context since you've accused me of it. (You may want to actually check out that post that you decided was an attempt to strawman you on that point. It's on page 3.)

Either way, have a good one Tenno. 

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎10 at 6:26 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Now let me ask you, are there any examples of existing ninjatos, that were likely to have been used by actual ninjas? Or do all of them date back to the fairly recent past?  

You brought it up asking me to prove the existance of something I wasn't arguing for. I interpreted that as you claiming I was arguing for their existence. If that wasn't what you were trying to do, I will gladly admit fault. But It was be odd to bring it up. 

Ironically, you've also failed to address the other reasons I'd rather not - including being extremely selective about what you answer. And, y'know, correcting somebody on a history you're trying to convince me doesn't exist.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Ironically, you've also failed to address the other reasons I'd rather not - including being extremely selective about what you answer. And, y'know, correcting somebody on a history you're trying to convince me doesn't exist.

@Loza03Just do yourself a big favor and put him on the ignore. Like you mentioned above, this is how he plays the game and why the thread keeps going: someone will come up with an argument that straight-up bests him; he'll ignore that completely, and then double-back to his original accusation worded differently.  He's basically forcing you to constantly be on the defensive because he bloviates multiple paragraphs full of irrelevancy and throws in a touch of personal jabs like "you seem to be peeved about something." He does this to draw you away from the fact that you've already won.

He's already been bested by multiple people and there's no way he's going to acknowledge that. He's human and he's acting on his human nature to double-down in the face of being wrong about something he feels strongly towards. It will only keep going on and on; like you said, you've said your peace, no need to keep feeding this troll. But I welcome the bumps. I can take advantage of the fact that he always needs the last word, so in theory I could take advantage of that to keep the thread bumped in order to give others a chance to chime in or upvote the OP 🤭

3 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

@Loza03Just do yourself a big favor and put him on the ignore. Like you mentioned above, this is how he plays the game and why the thread keeps going: someone will come up with an argument that straight-up bests him; he'll ignore that completely, and then double-back to his original accusation worded differently.  He's basically forcing you to constantly be on the defensive because he bloviates multiple paragraphs full of irrelevancy and throws in a touch of personal jabs like "you seem to be peeved about something." He does this to draw you away from the fact that you've already won.

He's already been bested by multiple people and there's no way he's going to acknowledge that. He's human and he's acting on his human nature to double-down in the face of being wrong about something he feels strongly towards. It will only keep going on and on; like you said, you've said your peace, no need to keep feeding this troll. But I welcome the bumps. I can take advantage of the fact that he always needs the last word, so in theory I could take advantage of that to keep the thread bumped in order to give others a chance to chime in or upvote the OP 🤭

You know what?

You're right.

Probably healthier in the long-term for me to just cut 'em out of the equation.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

You brought it up asking me to prove the existance of something I wasn't arguing for. I interpreted that as you claiming I was arguing for their existence. If that wasn't what you were trying to do, I will gladly admit fault. But It was be odd to bring it up. 

That's not asking anything of the sort, my friend. And bear in mind the basis of  the thread. A request for the addition of the iconic weapon that "everyone knows" was used by the ninja. It is not your claim, but it is the reason why we're here. Still seem odd? 

As for being selective in what I "bother" to answer, there are 2 main reasons, 1) time. Even the little that I have chosen to focus on takes some and you have to admit our walls of text are quite long. 2) we actually agree on quite a number of points, but what's the point in both of us continuously pointing that out, if not to merely boost the other's ego? 3) Value, look at the private message: most of it by your own admission involves the same point dressed up in different ways. Deal with it once and be done with. I suspect that part of the issue is where I see different things as being all interrelated. 

While I've been pretty jocular, and picked what may be unusual points to try and wring concessions, most of them are simple; how do we know who was a ninja when we are prone to dismiss things as fantasy, and contemporary authors were likely to put the label on anyone smart enough to let them? How do we reconcile a secretive group whose function supposedly includes spreading disinformation with multiple works detailing their existence down to the supposed reason for their diet? You probably felt like your answers were solid, but I still don't agree fully. (Think about it if you invited a contingent of suspected ninja to your palace, a brilliant test to weed them out would be to offer meat dishes and see who avoided the "rare delicacies".)

And you know debating the details of what is and isn't a ninja with one person, doesn't automatically mean you can't remind anyone else that "supposed" ninja assassins were taking potshots at a particular historical figure with what we might call guns and missing their supposed target. 

20 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

Loza03Just do yourself a big favor and put him on the ignore. Like you mentioned above, this is how he plays the game and why the thread keeps going: someone will come up with an argument that straight-up bests him; he'll ignore that completely, and then double-back to his original accusation worded differently.  He's basically forcing you to constantly be on the defensive because he bloviates multiple paragraphs full of irrelevancy and throws in a touch of personal jabs like "you seem to be peeved about something." He does this to draw you away from the fact that you've already won.

A couple of points, you're the person who has repeatedly responded with something along the lines of "lolz I'm not going to read what you wrote" to stuff that was on topic and respectful. (We both know that some of those have evaporated.) 

The latest was a suggestion to confirm in your own mind that a 12 inch object in your hand could very well be the same length as what you have asked for. (Especially important because of earlier comments about "the added length" being a positive feature of a specific example.) 

Oh and you notice how by a simple respectful comment addressing a point that was made, allowed them to recognise that I didn't actually do what they accused me of doing? Yeah that's like, a superpower or something. But it only works when the other person is able to read and actually consider what is in front of them. 

But hey, must be trolling, right? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's not asking anything of the sort, my friend. And bear in mind the basis of  the thread. A request for the addition of the iconic weapon that "everyone knows" was used by the ninja. It is not your claim, but it is the reason why we're here. Still seem odd? 

As for being selective in what I "bother" to answer, there are 2 main reasons, 1) time. Even the little that I have chosen to focus on takes some and you have to admit our walls of text are quite long. 2) we actually agree on quite a number of points, but what's the point in both of us continuously pointing that out, if not to merely boost the other's ego? 3) Value, look at the private message: most of it by your own admission involves the same point dressed up in different ways. Deal with it once and be done with. I suspect that part of the issue is where I see different things as being all interrelated. 

While I've been pretty jocular, and picked what may be unusual points to try and wring concessions, most of them are simple; how do we know who was a ninja when we are prone to dismiss things as fantasy, and contemporary authors were likely to put the label on anyone smart enough to let them? How do we reconcile a secretive group whose function supposedly includes spreading disinformation with multiple works detailing their existence down to the supposed reason for their diet? You probably felt like your answers were solid, but I still don't agree fully. (Think about it if you invited a contingent of suspected ninja to your palace, a brilliant test to weed them out would be to offer meat dishes and see who avoided the "rare delicacies".)

And you know debating the details of what is and isn't a ninja with one person, doesn't automatically mean you can't remind anyone else that "supposed" ninja assassins were taking potshots at a particular historical figure with what we might call guns and missing their supposed target. 

See, now, I COULD continue arguing whilst you defend your practices and continue to ruminate on it distracting me from my own studies as you continue to ignore the massive, book-shaped hole in your argument whilst offering defences that are flimsy at best and completely inadequate at worst.

Or I could terminate this discussion and have done with it.

Goodbye.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

A couple of points, you're the person who has repeatedly responded with something along the lines of "lolz I'm not going to read what you wrote" to stuff that was on topic and respectful. (We both know that some of those have evaporated.) 

The latest was a suggestion to confirm in your own mind that a 12 inch object in your hand could very well be the same length as what you have asked for. (Especially important because of earlier comments about "the added length" being a positive feature of a specific example.) 

Oh and you notice how by a simple respectful comment addressing a point that was made, allowed them to recognise that I didn't actually do what they accused me of doing? Yeah that's like, a superpower or something. But it only works when the other person is able to read and actually consider what is in front of them. 

But hey, must be trolling, right? 

I didn't read any of that but thanks for the bump!

The level of maturity and humility in this thread has been just amazing /s

1 hour ago, Atsia said:

For all this derailing and arguments, the biggest kicker is how it's still gonna go unnoticed in the grand scheme since this is in General Discussion.

Indeed.

OP? No disrespect or disparagement is intended, but given DE's track record, there's a slim chance of your request being acknowledged, let alone acted on. As someone else suggested, your best bet would be to ask a tennogen artist to do a skin if possible.

Mind you, DE could very well introduce a "ninja sword" as either an actual weapon or a special skin in the future as we have gotten obscure weapons in the past (e.g. we did get a Kopesh...of sorts...) and this a game involving "space ninjas", so why the heck not...but I wouldn't hold your breath.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Corvid said:

Ah yes, ignoring people who actually put effort into explaining their reasoning.

You do realise that that could be read as a concession, right?

You'll have to read the entire thread my friend. I can totally understand your reasoning for my reply, but at this point the mature ones have spoken their peace and others who shall not be named keep trying to lure everyone into a debate. There are many missing posts that were pruned from this thread because of it. We've all said what needed to be said and those that have disagreed have made up with each other. Like @ mentioned, it simply isn't healthy to continue to engage in a very long-winded horse-beating. Edit: If that's read as concession I am totally fine with that, I'm not here to win anything, I'm here to ask for a sword be in the video game. Cheers everyone.

@Loza03

Edited by RuFi0

6 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

at this point the mature ones have spoken their peace

6 minutes ago, RuFi0 said:

keep trying to lure everyone into a debate.

Ah yes, trying to engage in a discussion. Truly the hallmark of immaturity.

• Like 1