Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros or Excalibur

(XBOX)JRBH779

Question

I have both Exalibur and Inaros and I’m torn between who I want to choose to play.

my play style is

- I mainly use my melee weapon (which is a staff)

- I die usually from stupidly barging my way I to enemies

- I like high dps characters

- use guns occasionally 

12 answers to this question

Sounds more like Excalibur. Inaros is more of a walking slab of beef for baddies to slam into ineffectually, only to get one-shotted by a Tigris Prime.

On the other hand, I suppose using his 1 and bringing a Covert Lethality dagger does count as DPS, maybe.

Edited by KnossosTNC

11 minutes ago, (XB1)JRBH779 said:

Ok, yeah, that sounds more Excal.

Inaros is a pure tank, he does have some offensive options but they're mainly focused on facilitating his ability to leech health from finishers.

Excalibur is a DPS first and a Jack of All trades second. Basically, he has a wealth of abilities covering Crowd Control (useful for surviving if you get in over your head), damage and movement, but they generally all go towards assisting his damage output. He's also really damn fast if you know how to use him - most builds don't feature Slash Dash as particularly faster than normal movement (though there is a setup that most certainly is) but it can keep up or shift momentum in midair once bullet jumps, or used as a survivability charge. Mixed in with Exalted Blade and Radial Blind, it's quite the experience.

11 hours ago, (XB1)JRBH779 said:

I have both Exalibur and Inaros and I’m torn between who I want to choose to play.

my play style is

- use guns occasionally 

Inaros, great melee, and if you’re loosing life just pop your 1 and you’re good to go! Inaros will be infinitely easier to keep alive over Excalibur in the long run, the difference is excal will be a faster killer with his kit. That said, get into higher level content and you’ll wish you went with Inaros. Mod for health first and foremost, then power, duration, and stretch. His 1 can stun lock entire rooms of mobs, and help save many objectives or downed Tenno needing a revive! Excal can do more damage, he’s just not as versatile or safe once you get to the harder content. Also, if you’re into pets, health link and packleader or there’s a hunter one as well can make you pet nearly as invicable as you! Bottom line, Inaros is fun for melee, has a great kit, amazing survivability and let’s you live through most of your mistakes - excal will get one shoted in higher level content and require tighter management of abilities and timers.

my two cents... 

Go for Inaros if you just want to facetank enemies and smash them with melee.

Here is my tanky sandboi build, it is more endgame than starting player though. You can make a similar build with cheaper mods too, just get as much health and armor as you can along with the augment mod and get Arcane Grace. Use Steel Charge if you prefer melee, Power donation if you rather help your team with some ability str. He is really fun to use with Hirudo if you do not have Arcane Grace to heal yourself.
https://imgur.com/gallery/q9wpi7R

This is all about not dying and not caring about enemies. You are immune to status effects and knockdowns, have 8k+ hp, like 1,6k armor and even in sorties you will regenerate more hp than the enemies can damage you. 

Mods do cost a lot of endo and credits to max out and you need a lot of forma. Adaptation is like 50p and a rank 10 Arcane Grace is also necessary, which can cost about 1800p now. 

Excal is really strong, but it is a totally different playstyle,  he is a lot more squishy, not a facetanker and you would not use a staff with him.

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook

All depends on your playstyle...Excalibur is better balanced frame...Inaros is a walking tank. One thing to rememeber is Excal's passive works with swords not staffs so no bonus there...also if you use Inaros' abilities right you won't die....bonus is if in bleed out mode you can heal yourself from passing friends and enemies. 

16 hours ago, (XB1)JRBH779 said:

my play style is

- use guns occasionally 

Inaros, Inaros, Inaros. 

Opens enemies to melee finishers with dessication

can face tank just about anything (with the right setup)

Can instakill enemies of any level with finishers from dessication from covert lethality so high dps

3 healing abilities (one of which heals your teammates) 

all of his abilities can pretty much crowd control

holds his own in pretty much 99 if not 100 percent of situations

He can be immune to knockdown and status effects with his augment mod

Link health with kubrow, kavat or moa is nice for having a pet that shouldnt die since youll be meleeing to restore their health (pack leader) and theyll have like 12-14k health i think

cant go wrong with inaros, im biased because i main him