Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So 2v2 PvP... what was it like?

(PSN)NocturnusPavor1

Ah yes, Planetary Conclave.

1. This was before even Solar Rail Conflicts, so there was no PvP-dedicated balancing. Weapons, abilities, and mods directly used their PvE values, so if you weren't a primed-up veteran, you were liable to get reamed by someone who was.
  2. Of course, there were also no dedicated hosts. Everything was peer-to-peer, with the associated problems.
  3. The stats from alternate helmets would apply. Really, balancing was not a factor in the design of Planetary Conclave.
  4. Each planet had one Conclave node with a particular "Conclave rating" limit. You had to unlock the node through the star chart to access it, although I suppose you could just get taxied there.
  5. All equipment and mods were assigned an almost-arbitrary "Conclave rating". If your total Conclave rating was 1000, you could only play on a certain map. The limit of the highest-rating map was still too low for fully-modded builds. I personally often forewent a secondary weapon for this reason.
  6. Modding was about maximizing toxin burst damage. Toxic Vectis. Toxic Opticor. The Acrid was also very potent, and even the Torid was decent.
  7. Since PvE values were used and damage in PvE scales much higher than durability, TTK was extremely low.
  8. There was no highlighting so, depending on the map, stealth was viable. This plus the low TTK resulted in very campy gameplay.
  9. If you died, you went into a downed state and you could still use your secondary to cover your ally as he attempted to revive you. Torid was hilarious for denying revives.
  10. No passive energy regeneration, but there were some orb spawns. Generally, abilities did not play a large role.
  11. IIRC, Planetary Conclave saw both Parkour 1.0 and 2.0. There was a lot of coptering involved: Dual Zoren, Dual Ichor. After the transition, this became air melee. I remember discovering that proper input timing would allow you to perform two consecutive air melees, producing some very interesting movement patterns.
  12. There were no rewards.

That sounds terrible, at least now we got higher Time To Kill with balanced Conclave weapons.

However Conclave still needs some quality of life changes like Node on Starchart, Fully equiped loadouts for new players, maybe some tutorial or info about how everything works in PvP than in PvE.

It wasn't as bad as you think. It was just terribly unbalanced and balanced at the same time. Unbalanced in the sense that the ttk of every weapon was under 1 sec. Balanced in the sense that everything was so overpowered that it didn't really matter what you used once you had the mods for it. You often just build full defense in the hopes you survive just one shot.

In a sense you just jumped around like some crazy crack space ninja assassin and tried to oneshot each other. Tho it is easy to understand why it wasn't very well liked due its really unbalanced and beginner unfriendly nature.

Just searched a video of it and I think this one shows how it looked like, if you had some experience with it (I don't like the music tho):

Spoiler

Edited by Feyangol
Easier to read