Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Element Combo Do You Use To Fight Corpus?

(XBOX)TheMadCash

Question

So generally for a really long time. I always run corrosive & fire on all my builds. Even fighting with corpus just because back then. I wasn’t really a fan of changing my build to fight a different faction all the time. Since the release of Fortuna. High level special enemies start to really pack a punch so I decided it was finally time to mod all my weapons to fight corpus. 

So as of now. I run Viral & electricity to fight em. Because all human corpus health take extra dmg to viral & all robotics receive extra dmg to their health from electricity. I want to focus more on the corpus health vs shield because I feel as though if I mod for magnetic & strip them of their shield. It’s really no much extra use after the strip in their shield.

Also as for gas that I see a lot of Warframe partners mod in their weapons. The Corpus themselves take no extra dmg from gas. So I don’t see why use gas over viral to fight them. Unless it’s another reason. I’ve spent a lot of my time to see what corpus weakness’s is & spent a lot of time testing builds mainly on Corpus Techs & Corrupted Moas. 

So is it just generally better to just run gas & magnetic or is Viral & electricity just fine? Just want to hear others opinions.

14 answers to this question

Generally, I go Viral Slash.

The most effective route? Likely gas. Why gas? They don't need to take extra damage from it, the effect is what you're looking at. Gas makes an AoE proc of 2 toxin effects, meaning you bypass shields in the first place. Also, the corpus enemies that have armor I believe are only ferrite, and take extra damage from toxin damage.

Depends on the weapon stats, weapon type and level range of the enemies.

Corpus are the most varied in optimal damage types due to how they scale. Corpus Health scales faster than their Shields which means even for things like Moas with base 60 Health and 150 Shield they'll end up about 50/50 at much higher levels. At some levels it's easier to do less overall damage but bypass shields with Toxic and at higher levels it's better to do more damage and halve health.

It's note worthy that in Fortuna Magnetic as higher value than the rest of the game due to a common occurrence Poroto Shields, Special Drones and Raknoids.

• For Primaries:

Status Gas, Crit Viral P. Cryo Rounds + Electric or Crit Pure Toxic

• For Secondaries:

Status Gas, Crit Viral + P. Heated Charge, Crit Pure Toxic

• For Melee:

Status Gas, Crit Toxic, Hybrid Gas, Status Slash / Viral + Slash

I never use Gas when facing Corpus because when a Bursa or any alloy-armored Corpus come to hug you, gas can't help at all.

Usually I just go with Viral and Radiation, since it's versatile for me against all factions (not really the case with Radiation against infested though).

The only mission type where Bursa scale is Corpus Defense.

The other places you'll run into armored Corpus are Sorties and Fortuna, mostly just the Raknoids.

Bursa have low base armor so Shattering Impact on a Gas weapon works quite well. Same applies to Index Corpus.

Raknoids, Jackals, and Hyenas are my personal biggest worries in the Orb Vallis.

Jackals and Hyenas have Alloy armour. I like Radiation for that, as it gets a bonus to Robotic health and Alloy armour.

I would use Cold with Radiation then, for additional anti-Alloy and for anti-shield to offset Radiation's weakness to regular shielding.

Proto shields does not modify the damage dealt by Cold nor Radiation -- with that, I'm happy as I generally don't notice Proto shields (or regular shields) to be an issue, except when I run Corrosive (even then, I have the fire power to punch through it all so it doesn't matter to me).

As for the crewmen, I never have issues with them so generally I don't even mod for that. That said, Rad and Cold both have no further modifiers in interacting with Flesh, so having enough DPS should suffice.

(... But honestly? I just use whatever the first slot mod setup is on just about any weapon. I don't really ever notice an issue or have frustration in dealing with Corpus so I kinda just... do whatever is normally effective against Grineer, meaning Corrosive.)

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan
  • Like 1

On 2019-01-10 at 1:59 AM, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

So I don’t see why use gas over viral to fight them.

Toxin bypasses shields. Gas causes toxin effect.

The cloud of toxin from gas can be good (cos mobs) but any heat damage from mods won't count towards the toxin damage.

Sometimes just toxin is best. Augmented enemy shield sorties, go toxin and get most kills with least damage caused.

• Like 1

Corpus doesn't really take a specific loadout as they are squishy no matter what you bring, but for physical resist sorties i usually just bring a Vulkar Wraith with Toxin damage. (works all around as a Corpus killer weapon ofc. due to the innate Impact damage)

Mostly don't bother to change from corrosive since they're so weak. But when I do I play around with;

Status primary (Zenith w riven and around 98% status chance and primed shred)
Gas + Electric + Slash

Brute force crit secondary (Catchmoon w riven)
Rad + Toxin

Usually go corrosive + heat on the catchmoon in Vallis though as two or three shots nuke the landing ships out of the sky.

Edit: I might try the Viral + Electricity. Think I've never tried that combo.

Edited by wakestarr

Magnetic should be king v corpus but to many of them ALSO pack armor which magnet is worthless against.   And since its usually the really tough crap that wear armor thats why I stick with corrosion.  Corrosion vs infested,  corrosion vs grineer,  corrosion vs corpus lol.   

I wish all the enemy in an area/faction were weak to the same thing.   I'd love to see a faction of enemies for every elemental type!   

I dont know how people build for a combo element AND one other element (3).  I just use a single combo(2) and use the other 2 free slots to pack in crit chance, crit damage, or status or something else.