Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Skill: Stampede

-Scissor-

Right now, rhino charge is just a knockdown version of slash dash, does little dmg and is not fun to use. Roar, well, a flat dmg buff is pretty lame too. So I suggest a new skill to replace Roar or change Rhino charge into this.

Skill Name: Stampede

Energy Cost 25 seems too low, maybe 50 or 75.

Skill Effect: This will work kind of like volt's Speed skill, as a buff. Once you activate it, Rhino gains stacks of Stampede. When sprinting, Rhino will cause tremors beneath his feet, causing anyone nearby to be ragdolled forward at massive force and taking moderate dmg.

- Each step rhino takes consumes 1 stack of Stampede. (I don't know what the number of stacks should be)

- The stacks can be increased by using Marathon (stamina MAX).

- Rush (sprint speed MAX) will cause the tremors (stacks) to be casted faster, but the stacks will be consumed faster for less distance.

- Screen shake would be cool, but should be extremely limited, like the closer you are to rhino during stampede, the screen shakes (only a little bit).

I think this is the kind of skill Rhino should definitely have, Imagine just casting this, running into a pile of infested, and watch them fly into the air as you run through them, causing havoc everywhere.

If DE wants more "FUN" skills, this is the kind of stuff that should be added :D. What does everyone think? Share about what you Like or Hate about my idea, I'm quite curious.

Edited by -Scissor-

I don't think that this would be a "fun" skill, rather, it's something that pertains to looking "aesthetically nice".

That's a big factor in whether or not a skill is fun or not. I like that it's different than just a buff or a point and cast, too. It's new and welcome.

The only problem I have with ragdolling abilities is that you can't shoot the ragdolls to kill the enemy.

Good example Mag's new Pull. (At least I couldn't, not sure if this is a bug.)

I haven't had this problem. From what I understand is that if you can hit them their armor becomes 0, but I have yet to confirm this.

NBlitZ, on 12 Sept 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

The only problem I have with ragdolling abilities is that you can't shoot the ragdolls to kill the enemy.

Good example Mag's new Pull. (At least I couldn't, not sure if this is a bug.)

I'm sure that is a bug right now, It never used to be like that in previous updates, as far as I could tell anyway.

or how about DE just makes more skills for each warframe like they said they would do eventually and this be an idea to be knocked around even though you can only have a max of 4 skills, possibly limited to 1 of each 'tier' of skill (I.E. one low, medium, large, and ultimate skill maximum)

or how about DE just makes more skills for each warframe like they said they would do eventually and this be an idea to be knocked around even though you can only have a max of 4 skills, possibly limited to 1 of each 'tier' of skill (I.E. one low, medium, large, and ultimate skill maximum)

But would that really be necessary?  Energy use is usually the limiting factor.  Even if I had Stomp and another Ult I'm not sure I'd want to hit them back-to-back on a regular basis because that's most of your energy pool gone.

with some of the frames having a max energy pool of up to 465 with helmets and parties having 4x max energy siphon, we really dont need people spamming 4 different ults. its bad enough when a 450 energy vauban with max streamline feels the need to decorate an AFK rhino like a christmas tree.

^ If the ability is properly balanced for its energy cost then I don't think it's a problem having multiple big powers on one frame.  For example, I don't see how one frame being able to hit a Miasma and a Radial Javalin back-to-back is any different than doing the same one twice in a row instead.  And, depending on the level you are fighting, a single Ult kills everything around anyways, so having four different versions of a room clearing ability on the same frame would be pretty redundant.

Stacks? 

Guessing you play Borderlands. (Well, I'd be surprised if most Warframe players didn't play Borderlands.)

The stacks are there to rid the skill of a duration, though DE could just make it have infinite duration, but there is nothing that will tell the game that the skill is over, unless you want to count the stamina bar as a duration, but you would have to exaust your entire stamina bar in 1 go to finish the skill or the skill gets ended early. I don't know, tons of ideas and stuff to go about this.

And no I don't play borderlands much, I thought those games were pretty bad in terms of gameplay, so I stopped playing them.

Edited by -Scissor-