Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, rather than let us re-cast Null Star on demand...

Leuca

we now have the option to make it explode and then recast (two pointless steps), or augment another ability to do something that has nothing to do with that ability at all.

This may technically be useful, but it's still not a good augment. Fight me.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Leuca said:

we now have the option to make it explode and then recast (two pointless steps), or augment another ability to do something that has nothing to do with that ability at all.

I am not going to fight but I will say I tried it out and at first I thought the same thing, kinda odd I am getting null star abilities from molecular prime. But it would be odd if it was a augment mod to null star too soo.

Far as the mod, She is pretty tanky since I was able to keep my null star maxed out most of the time. (low range slova) That and adaptation make her very end game survivable now. I was good with it once I got into using it.

Edited by tCartmant
  • Like 1

I agree.

M.Prime augment is just another QoL augment that serves the exact same purpose as her Null Star.

We now have two Nova augments that serve the same purpose which is to simply keep Null Star Particles up.

I was hoping this one would at least allow her to achieve max Particles regardless of duration given it's weird bonus chance but Nope.

3 hours ago, tCartmant said:

I am not going to fight but I will say I tried it out and at first I thought the same thing, kinda odd I am getting null star abilities from molecular prime. But it would be odd if it was a augment mod to null star too soo.

Far as the mod, She is pretty tanky since I was able to keep my null star maxed out most of the time. (low range slova) That and adaptation make her very end game survivable now. I was good with it once I got into using it.

Like I said, it's technically useful, but it's still bad. It does the Null Star augment's job better than that mod and it's for a completely different ability. Null Star's augment should just have this effect and have it be triggered by Nova's Kills/enemies that get killed while affected by her abilities.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Leuca:

The issue I have with this augment is the fact that you need max duration and you can only have 130% efficiency in order to get 90% DR. The charges the augment restores should exceed the duration caped amount all the way to the max of 18 charges. 

6 hours ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

The issue I have with this augment is the fact that you need max duration and you can only have 130% efficiency in order to get 90% DR. The charges the augment restores should exceed the duration caped amount all the way to the max of 18 charges. 

The issue I have with this augment is that it exists. If that can't be solved, then the fact that it exists on an ability that isn't Null Star.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Leuca:

The issue I have with this augment is that it exists. If that can't be solved, then the fact that it exists on an ability that isn't Null Star.

Well it is not a bad synergy augment if they actually incorporate somekind of buff to Null Star by bypassing the dration based cap. If it was a pure molecular prime augment i would probably also doubt the decision of implementing it.

34 minutes ago, Leuca said:

Augments were meant to provide an expansion of utility to an ability. Isn't that exactly what Molecular Fission provides, by giving Molecular Prime the capacity to produce Null Star charges?

Neutron Star has never been more than a mediocre QoL improvement.

15 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

Augments were meant to provide an expansion of utility to an ability. Isn't that exactly what Molecular Fission provides, by giving Molecular Prime the capacity to produce Null Star charges?

Neutron Star has never been more than a mediocre QoL improvement.

Why isn't Neutron Star some variant of Molecular Fission then? Why does Molecular Fission not actually affect the ability it augments?

12 hours ago, Leuca said:

They work. 

Problem solved--at the cost of a mod slot, which Nova isn't really hurting for. 

Just now, Leuca said:

Why isn't Neutron Star some variant of Molecular Fission then?

What do you mean?

Why does Molecular Fission not actually affect the ability it augments?

Providing an ability with additional utility doesn't count as affecting the ability?

4 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

They work. 

Problem solved--at the cost of a mod slot, which Nova isn't really hurting for. 

But now Nova has 2/4 completely pointless augments due to a QoL feature.

I don't feel we should be accepting band-aid augments and instead requesting creativity in how abilities function.

I do think her M.Prime augment has more concept in it than her Null Star augment but if she were able to re-cast Null Star those would be two mostly wasted opportunities for something that could have be interesting like Ivara's augments. Ivara has some sleeper augments that are both strong and interesting. There are quite a few legit interesting augments but there's also a lot of band-aid ones.

6 hours ago, MasterBurik said:

What do you mean?

Providing an ability with additional utility doesn't count as affecting the ability?

Why does Neutron Star exist if Molecular Fission does? Why isn't some variant of Molecular Fission just the augment for Null Star?

No, it doesn't count as affecting the ability when it doesn't actually change how the ability functions ie AFFECTING the ability. Is this difficult? If you don't have Null Star activated, the augment will literally do nothing, meaning it requires another ability to be active to even function.

14 hours ago, Leuca said:

They technically work. That doesn't make them worthwhile or logical to implement.

So you'd be arguing for a rework of Null Star? Kind of like many of us argue for Nyx and Absorb, yet we still get augments (and incomplete reworks). 

At some level it simply is what it is. I'd like to see these sort of things integrated into an existing skill, but DE obviously prefers otherwise. Which is somewhat inexplicable when things like Mesa and Gara are loose in the Origin System. 

Nevertheless, if you want that 90% DR on Nova (who really needs it...), this is what you're going to be working with--and they do work, clumsy as they may be.