Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Rivens are bad business! (Gambling and Rng on Rng on Grind)

Doughalo2

11 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

so what you want is for the "idiots" who use the system to stop using the system as it is in the hopes that DE changes it to make it easier so you dont have to put as much work in?

the only way DE would directly make a profit off a a particular god riven is if the person buying that particular god riven went out and specifically bought plat to buy that specific riven. Otherwise the plat used to buy any riven was first bought for something else. Thus meaning that DE made the initial and only profit from that platinum from something else and not that specific riven. If I buy plat so that I can get mesa parts, DE made money from me buying plat for that. If the person who I bought the mesa parts from then goes and buys a riven with the plat they got from me DE doesnt magically make more money from the plat that already exists.

Yes!!?!? Why should I work in a game... I want to play and right now DE is making more money than any AAA title and not giving us the correlating content, despite clear potential. They givw us grind grind grind. And dont say cause its free cause there is no free it doesnt exist.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)A Excal Umbra said:

The RNG on rivens keeps them from being a pay to win aspect. The only resources you’re spending is your time and Kuva as opposed to money. I do agree it is gambling, and relies solely on chance, but I’d much rather grind for my rolls than pay a hefty amount of plat to get the right stats. 

Statlock does not remove all worth it just puts it in line with other things in the game like primes, and means DE must work hard on real content to make money, not this rng non-content. Trust they make plenty and still would with statlock.

Just now, H.Katsura_999 said:

Noooooooooooooooo. 

Dear God my investments No, just no.

though I agree somewhat that the current riven system is a mistake.

The damage has already been done, removing it will be like rubbing salt on an open wound.

Frankly, I'd rather take the short-time fallout of removing the rivens to the long-time damage the rivens are causing to the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

Frankly, I'd rather take the short-time fallout of removing the rivens to the long-time damage the rivens are causing to the game.

Yup there is alot of content in warframe that would still take to long if there was a permanent 4x booster lol, give use real value and we will pay and stay, mess us over with rivens and we will leave.

I think problem is within people wanting to have everything best in slot and as fast as possible. I mean Rivens are actually optional and you don't actually need them, you can clear anything without Rivens. Yes, it is something really nice to have and speed up some runs but if you want so - farm it up boi. 

I mean I am very behind in game since I play / quit / play / quit and only now taking it most seriously from all the times and only now making my way up in PoE standings so I can craft my first Zaw (doing bounties, mining, fishing etc). But before that I cleared solar map, farmed up credits and endo, farmed primed parts and sold them, bought Primed mods (players but mainly Baro or how his name), maxed out all mods and well, if I play well with my 99999x forma'ed equip and maxed out mods and primed mods, I can quite often outperform MR20-26 players while being MR13 (unless they are fully full end game with Rivens) in damage department. And if they outscore me - fine, why should I care? Hey, another good player with me and we get mission done faster.

Now where I am going with this? Well that it is, again, optional thing. Yes it's heavy RNG but it's also good end game time sink which can reward you with A LOT of power and it's something you can do as your end game focusing only on them or as a side activity that can also reward you big time if RNG is on your side at least one time. 

About their prices, well, it's players set market as others mentioned, DE didn't influence it and would be bad if devs would influence directly player set market. I think people are tad bit crazy for buying in such prices but I will be glad to sell good Riven for 500+ plat if I'll get one for weapon I don't use.

All in all, I think Rivens should stay as they are or people will start complaining even more about not having nothing to do and with no rewarding end game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Damage is already done.

Unless DE has a hell-of-a-way to compensate this, they're not gonna stop the riven meta from spreading.

IMHO stat locking will make those over priced "God Tier" mods drop in value like a rock.

reroll it once until you get the stat you want and you're done.

You know rivens aren't really a must have thing. It won't change the toxic nature of trade chat, there will always be something that gets overpriced, especially during a launch week of a new weapon. Also, DE needs to make money off this free to play game somehow, not everyone forks over cash often in a free to play game.

Edited by (PS4)alexismartinez14

21 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

I mean I am very behind in game since I play / quit / play / quit and only now taking it most seriously from all the times and only now making my way up in PoE standings so I can craft my first Zaw (doing bounties, mining, fishing etc). But before that I cleared solar map, farmed up credits and endo, farmed primed parts and sold them, bought Primed mods (players but mainly Baro or how his name), maxed out all mods and well, if I play well with my 99999x forma'ed equip and maxed out mods and primed mods, I can quite often outperform MR20-26 players while being MR13 (unless they are fully full end game with Rivens) in damage department. And if they outscore me - fine, why should I care? Hey, another good player with me and we get mission done faster.

There is a reason why you are MR 13:

1)Damage means nothing at all during missions, yes you can make 100% damage on normal missions because you have an high damage weapon, go to see Griners over level 150 and you will die. Yes you killed everyone during the missions, WOW! Most people over level 20 has done that mission thousand of times already and they want only the final reward...

2) Melee are powerful but melee with Griners 150+ and you will die (but if you don't have 200.000 iron skin :-) ).

3) Rivens are good for hardcore players but most people here want only a riven to make tons of useless damage on the star chart...

4)Removing rivens now would be only a suicidal move by DE throwing away millions of players. I should have to throw away the few decent weapons i have, stop playing the only thing i like now ; survivals, uninstall warframe and then give a try to other games...

Edited by bibmobello

1 minute ago, (PS4)alexismartinez14 said:

You know rivens aren't really a must have thing. It won't change the toxic nature of trade chat, there will always be something that gets overpriced, especially during a launch week of a new weapon.

Rivens aren't a must have yes, BUT you can't deny the obscene amount of power one has. A primed weapon can even compare to the regular version with a flippin god roll in it.

Trade chat is always toxic, people pricing their stuff based on their gut feeling of how much something is worth.

This riven stuff has been around for 1 year now and I see little improvements aside from small balances and the introduction of endless kuva missions THAT DOESN'T SCALE by the way..

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

Just saying but some players are only still playing the game cause they can roll rivens over time. I know quite a few players that would quit right now without rivens as their endgame cause there is nothing else to do.

Yes, part of the reason I still play warframe is because I can reroll my rivens, and it's exciting, but rerolling the same riven again and again and again is mentally draining. 

Like, you spend the entire weekend gathering kuva again and again and at the end of the day you just end up with nothing to show for it.

11 minutes ago, Doughalo2 said:

Yes!!?!? Why should I work in a game... I want to play and right now DE is making more money than any AAA title and not giving us the correlating content, despite clear potential. They givw us grind grind grind. And dont say cause its free cause there is no free it doesnt exist.

Lol wtf you got a source on that claim? Average player count for warframe(https://www.githyp.com/warframe-100650/?tab=player-count) is waaaay smaller than even Destiny 2's dying playercount (https://www.psu.com/news/destiny-2-player-count-drops/)    Also with warframe being free that means that not every person playing has put in a minimum buy in price like for destiny. So on top of less players means less money even on a 1-1 comparison its not an even comparison.

You have to work in the game because thats how (well executed) F2P games work. "Put in the time or put in the dime" thats how it is dont like it dont play. Warframe is extremely fair with its F2P implementation but something like that is subjective. If you dont like the amount of work you have to do to get something that you can just buy but dont want to buy thats fine but its also your opinion. How many F2P games with a premium currency give you as many different things you can do to earn said premium currency as warframe does? you can sell literally every mod in the game to someone that wants it and has plat for it, prime/syndicate weapons, and frames, ayatan's as well all without you having to pay.

You also have to give credit to this nonsense on the community itself..it was basically on this overly aggressive kick a few years ago about elitism and get gud...so you would see all these suggestions to hamper the player and reward head shots...and there's always this push for negatives that the community is going to try to get rid of or mitigate.

Rivens themselves don't concern me as much since I can farm the kuva and earn them for free...the problem for me is where you can have as many normal mods as you want in your inventory, yet you have to purchase Riven slots for your inventory..that feels pretty questionable especially when you hit login that gift riven rewards and you're gated off from them by either having to pay for the slots or tossing out ones you don't use...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

4 minutes ago, H.Katsura_999 said:

Rivens aren't a must have yes, BUT you can't deny the obscene amount of power one has. A primed weapon can even compare to the regular version with a flippin god roll in it.

Trade chat is always toxic, people pricing their stuff based on their gut feeling of how much something is worth.

This riven stuff has been around for 1 year now and I see little improvements aside from small balances and the introduction of endless kuva missions THAT DOESN'T SCALE by the way..

You've been farming in the kuba mines for too long friend. Not everyone can have that expensive Ferrari, sometimes you just gotta settle. I'd love a kohm g roll but I'm not complaining about how unfair tc and rng is. You don't need a grill, besides we don't even have a proper endgame mode, that is if we even need 1.

1 minute ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Lol wtf you got a source on that claim? Average player count for warframe(https://www.githyp.com/warframe-100650/?tab=player-count) is waaaay smaller than even Destiny 2's dying playercount (https://www.psu.com/news/destiny-2-player-count-drops/)    Also with warframe being free that means that not every person playing has put in a minimum buy in price like for destiny. So on top of less players means less money even on a 1-1 comparison its not an even comparison.

You have to work in the game because thats how (well executed) F2P games work. "Put in the time or put in the dime" thats how it is dont like it dont play. Warframe is extremely fair with its F2P implementation but something like that is subjective. If you dont like the amount of work you have to do to get something that you can just buy but dont want to buy thats fine but its also your opinion. How many F2P games with a premium currency give you as many different things you can do to earn said premium currency as warframe does? you can sell literally every mod in the game to someone that wants it and has plat for it, prime/syndicate weapons, and frames, ayatan's as well all without you having to pay.

You have to consider DE is much smaller than Bungie and a lot of the income go to pay more salaries...

Just no. 

It has been said before: riven are not gambling, you earn kuva ingame and rivens too (with a good drop chance). Kuva is just a big grind (and oh boy do i love ressource boosters) and there's not rng involved cuz you know you'll get that ressource.

What makes rivens expensive are the players in the trade chat, obviously. DE didn't made them cost  100 bucks.

Rivens are good (no matter what) even if they make some strong weapons more powerfull, weaker weapons can benefit from it too.  I think they don't affect the gameplay that much, they just boost stats.

It sounds repetitive and a little bit arrogant but if you don't like rivens, just ignore them.

1 minute ago, bibmobello said:

You have to consider DE is much smaller than Bungie and a lot of the income go to pay more salaries...

Destiny has a much much larger playerbase though, in addition to the buy in price of normally $60 they are also charging for DLC and have microtransactions on top. Dying as it is Destiny 2 has likely made more money in its first year than warframe has in three.

You've been farming in the kuba mines for too long friend. Not everyone can have that expensive Ferrari, sometimes you just gotta settle. I'd love a kohm g roll but I'm not complaining about how unfair tc and rng is. You don't need a grill, besides we don't even have a proper endgame mode, that is if we even need 1.

THey will never release a proper endgame because most players here are casual players who spend few bucks to buy Mesa prime because she is cool.

They should differentiate difficulty on ML, with really hard and fast missions with RARE object rewards but i am asking too much...

Yup, been farming it for too long now.

Shiiizzz... 

You know, everyone COULD have that expensive Ferrari of their dreams IF we could get a flippin stat lock.

Prices would drop, Everyone would be happy, and Threads like these won't exists.

It's not just about damage for endgame, I do reroll rivens for auxiliary purposes like reload spead and whatnot, I'm sure everyone does.

They're not gambling.

Rivens have zero pay-walling or buy-ins associated with them.

All Rivens are "earned"; doesn't matter if you bypassed the walls by buying one from a player, a seller earned their Riven with no way of having bypassed the grind/rng.

Even when buying a Riven all the platinum can be earned solely through time-investment for non-paying players and PC discounts make Platinum incredibly cheap for paying players.

Rivens also have no way of "cashing out" without attempting to sell plat 3rd-party which just risks your account and all the time/money put into it.

They're also beyond optional as there is no appropriate end-game content for non Riven builds already.

Also the entire concern over how much people sell Rivens for is a non-issue; that 2-10k plat cost (which from what I've seen the most expensive Riven prices average around 3k) isn't actually a lot of platinum. Earning a few thousand plat via trade is very easy (without Rivens) if you're able to dedicate the time to getting a few prime sets, saving vaulted sets, Arcanes, or even via flipping.

If anything the only "issue" isn't that players are selling Rivens for thousands of plat but that people were willing to pay thousands of plat for them. Even if Rivens were removed the precedent has already been set that players are willing to spend insane amounts of plat on items, which was a precedent set by Arcanes and not Rivens.

Edited by trst