Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Despoil Sucks (At Least For Camping) : Here Is Why

CrimneroTR

A full efficiency build makes desecreate cost 2.5 energy per enemy killed. A fully ranked Despoil makes you lose 10 health instead. Energy pool is much larger than health pool and can be easily replenished by zenurik, trin or gears. Also, rushing out of the camping site with a full health bar to get energy is much safer than rushing out with 2 hp to get health. Health orbs dont give much health and a healer frame is not that useful in a camping mission (of course healing is always good, but there are many other ways to survive). So, why not just go with efficiency instead of constantly asking for revives and interrupting your own desecreate with low health? In harder missions like Mot or when enemies get to higher levels, Nekros is nearly certain to get one shot when on 2 hp, even by an enemy grenade.

I have 800 hours in the game and I can confidently say that I have lost count of nekros players that die constantly during relic campings and still dont get the idea. I dont know if despoil is particularly useful for anything else, but it SUCKS while camping. It nearly always starts a bleed out train when enemies are above level 100. Also, if the dps is good, you wont even be able keep the health you gained from the orbs.

Let me know if im wrong.

16 minutes ago, CrimneroTR said:

I have 800 hours in the game and I can confidently say that I have lost count of nekros players that die constantly during relic campings and still dont get the idea

That's probably because, a little bit like you, they don't know how to play Nekros.

Couple of good arcanes are enough to keep your Nekros with full health without the need of exiting the "camping" safe area.

If you really must camp. After all, DE dislikes camping and is not going to make it easier for you to do any sort of camping. If they could tweak Nekros' powers to make it harder to camp without affecting any other ability, they probably would.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CrimneroTR said:

Let me know if im wrong.

Unless something was recently changed, efficiency also affects the heath drain from Despoil. You probably don't even need particularly high efficiency to make a self-sustaining build, but I run 160+ because I'm just nutty like that.

I know this because I've spent a depressing amount of time farming for Hema. which is another topic entirely

Arcane Pulse, Magus Nourish, Magus Elevate, Life Strike, Healing Return, Winds of Purity, Syndicate weapon procs... there are lots of ways to be actively replenishing lost health when running a Despoil build.

The bottom line is that you shouldn't be ending up at 2 hp for any significant length of time. If you are, look at tweaking your build or your loadout. What seems really odd to me is the mention of Level 100+ enemies; is there any reason you'd be staying in a mission for that long? Why not just extract and start a fresh run?

• Like 2

I don’t even run efficiency on Nekros. Blind Rage + Power Drift makes Shield of Shadows a significant tank. Despoil, Arcane Pulse, Health Conversion makes that tanking that much more amazing. Arcane Energize or Equilibrium handles whatever energy lost you should be concerned about.

Nekros, especially Nekros Prime, has some of the best augments in-game that truly fit his kit to go the long mile in any endless run. It’s almost appropriate for him to run 2 augments at all times to boost his survivability that much more. If you ever see a Nekros that falls in battle, they probably don’t know how to use Nekros or they have a pretty bad build.

Despoil simply makes a generic Nekros into an amazing tank. Can’t write home without it.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, CrimneroTR said:

rushing out of the camping site with a full health bar to get energy is much safer than rushing out with 2 hp to get health. Health orbs dont give much health and a healer frame is not that useful in a camping mission (of course healing is always good, but there are many other ways to survive). So, why not just go with efficiency instead of constantly asking for revives and interrupting your own desecreate with low health? In harder missions like Mot or when enemies get to higher levels, Nekros is nearly certain to get one shot when on 2 hp, even by an enemy grenade.

Your point is moot if you, as Nekros, poke your head of your dead-end closet to pick up orbs every minute or two. Farming missions are not hard, you're not in any danger unless you put yourself willingly at low Health. Just move around a little bit. Play the game even slightly like how it's supposed to be played.

I swear, at least half of all Survival mission I Pub into, I see and Nekros chilling in a dead-end room, cowering behind a corner away from Level 1-30 enemies. So I always slay all the enemies myself and keep them pushed back out of Desecrate range. Play the Hekkin' game already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrimneroTR said:

A full efficiency build makes desecreate cost 2.5 energy per enemy killed. A fully ranked Despoil makes you lose 10 health instead. Energy pool is much larger than health pool and can be easily replenished by zenurik, trin or gears. Also, rushing out of the camping site with a full health bar to get energy is much safer than rushing out with 2 hp to get health. Health orbs dont give much health and a healer frame is not that useful in a camping mission (of course healing is always good, but there are many other ways to survive). So, why not just go with efficiency instead of constantly asking for revives and interrupting your own desecreate with low health? In harder missions like Mot or when enemies get to higher levels, Nekros is nearly certain to get one shot when on 2 hp, even by an enemy grenade.

I have 800 hours in the game and I can confidently say that I have lost count of nekros players that die constantly during relic campings and still dont get the idea. I dont know if despoil is particularly useful for anything else, but it SUCKS while camping. It nearly always starts a bleed out train when enemies are above level 100. Also, if the dps is good, you wont even be able keep the health you gained from the orbs.

Let me know if im wrong.

Efficiency affects the health cost from Despoil as well. Just throw on a maxed Fleeting Expertise and you now only lose 4 health per Desecrate. I'm surprised how few players with over 800 hours played realize this.

EDIT: Also Equilibrium is fantastic with Despoil.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

I don’t even run efficiency on Nekros. Blind Rage + Power Drift makes Shield of Shadows a significant tank.

you are the bane of my existence as an Oberon main. you make energy leach eximi look like a joke please never use your 4 near where renewal was placed, otherwise you will make a helpful support frame useless.  

2 hours ago, CrimneroTR said:

Let me know if im wrong.

Alright, if I’m getting this straight, you think Despoil sucks because it cost HP even though Nekros has a ton of ways of healing himself? First off, I’m a Nekros main and I’ve never died or get to 2 hp with Despoil on even when facing level 100+ enemies (such as Kuva Survival). Second, his passive exists you know. Yeah it provides little healing but it should be more than enough to keep you alive. Also, for someone who has 800 hours in this game, why don’t you have a companion that could heal you or something? Or have a sentinel/companion pick up health orbs for you? I think that you would have figured out that Vacuum is pretty much essential for any frame and you’re playing Nekros! A frame about getting loot! If you don’t have Vacuum to keep you sustained with Health Orbs, it is not anyone’s fault but your own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Gotchu covered: 

latest?cb=20181225172104

no you don't have a clue about the energy drain rate when you have shadows active also I don't think that that works (I don't have it nor have I seen it in use) for reference it costs me 1.63 energy per second per healed target, with a full squad that is about 6.6 energy per second but I can get up to 40 energy per second with my current build (this is one the is spect toward efficiency so my stats are strength 235, range 100, duration 200, efficiency 130.  I can with hunter adrenalin get 40 energy per second if I am taking only 99 damage per second this is an ultra-rare occurrence and it is more common for you to lose energy in the time between waves and in any content that is sublevel 45 defending on team comp but not including a shadows necros) but when you activate your shadows they take aggro reducing the amount of damage I take and constantly take damage over time creating a drain of 11.55 per second between the two an Oberon has no choice but to cancel his 3 and then recast it somewhere where your shadow are unlikely to run to.  this is one of the biggest anti-synergies in the game.  while I understand the usefulness of a 90% DR in a build this prevents another frame from playing the game entierly.  Oberon has his health status balanced around renewal and its armor buff this make it so that if he can't cast renewal then he is very hard to play outside of sub level 20 areas.   now this could be fixed by not having renewal target the shadows but for some reason DE has not done this

Honestly, you're wrong. I'm only a mid-tier, maybe at best a low-end-of-high tier player, I used to have a full clan of complete idiots that could solo for three hours plus on every single survival though, so I did often get hard-carried through old Void farming missions for Prime Parts a lot, and one of the jobs I've had in my long, long time in farming, is The Nekros Player. I've successfully camped through multi-hour runs with a Despoil Nekros ever since the augment came out because of three things:

First, the Health drain is also affected by efficiency, meaning you drain less health for an efficient build, the same as you do with energy.

Second, I use more than just Desecrate in the mission. For example, the Health Conversion augment works pretty well, almost immediately stacking up to 1350 Armour (meaning a decent tally of 80% damage reduction on your health, so each Health Orb you pick up is actually worth over 5x as much) and maintaining that through the entire mission. Terrify is how you make sure you survive tight spots, if you have the range for Desecrate, then you have the range for Terrify, and it never needs to last all that long, just long enough to get out of the camp and back in.

Third, team members. Not for revives, although let's not be silly; everyone goes down in a survival at one time or another. Everyone needs a revive, it's not a bad thing, it's just a fact of playing the game. Team members provide CC, they provide the damage, they will also give you buffs. You need never even fall over as long as your team is working together. And if you're seeing a lot of Nekros players die? A better question to ask is; Why aren't you doing your job to make sure they don't? You're on the team too. Either do something about the enemies, or do something to help your Nekros.

5 hours ago, CrimneroTR said:

I have 800 hours in the game

Also, this doesn't really get you far. I'm not even a daily player and I've managed to clock over 1500 hours in mission, and I suspect that my friend DeMonkey up there has at least 2000 or so, if not 3000 (which is why he's so blunt in his reply). I also recognise SeniorClipClop there too, who's been around since a little after me, and is a more active player than I am, so is also likely approaching the 2000 mark.

• Like 1