Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum - a potential endgame

OxygenR

Dear fellows,

I am a long time on-and-off player witnessing the development of Warframe from the beginning. I do not have all the primed mods, riven mods, yet I can see and feel the grind-for-faster-grind loop.

Lately, I have found myself online mainly staying in the simulacrum mixing various enemies together for a challenge and I actually enjoyed it, like way more satisfying than playing mission and grinding.

So I thought can this be one of the endgame?

The idea is simple, challenge yourselves. Instead of all the endless defense, survival mission, 1 life alert, boring and tedious riven challenge that is designed by the devs, set your own challenge. Choose the size of your arena, design your arena, select your enemy, and perhaps even choose your rewards.

For example, mix all factions together or even stalker, sentients, add conditions like no shield, no gravity, etc. Then, fight them in a randomly generated, or sandbox, arena by yourselves or a team.

The arena does not need to be too fancy, it can be as simple as the area in your master rank test and the current simulacrum with few colors and simple, basic obstacles.

At the end, the players can challenge themselves, share the challenge with friend and play together or even held as a tournament or sports of some sort and the challengers actually get rewards for their effort, perhaps through syndicates like the conclave.

Of course, enemy AI, reward system, damage system and other 'old problems' needed to be addressed, but this is a possible game mode for endgame that I think is both sustainable and fun.

What are your thoughts? Please feel free to comment. Thanks!

• Like 1

That sounds about on par to those games who have no idea how to design fun, and just drop you into a map and tell you "Make your own fun, dumbarse!". My response to those games is usually "I'm not imaginative enough, so I'll go play something else that actually delivers me fun on a plate". So, my response to a mode like this would be "Can we get something that's actually designed to be fun rather than this? I don't wanna rely on my dumb brain to come up with the fun, cause I'm pretty sure it will just redirect me to play Euro Truck Simulator 2."

Thank you all for replying.

As I said, this is only 1 of the possible solution of content drought. I also want DE to give out something fun and creative, but we all need to admit that there is a cap for the workload of devs. Also, you do not need to rely on your own brain. your friends or anyone can share their challenge like they share their build on Warframe builder, so you don't necessarily need to set the challenge though you can set your own if you like to.

As for rewards, it is complicated. when i played in my simulacrum, there is no reward but I still enjoyed it. As long as the challenge itself is fun, the rewards should not be a only motivation otherwise it will just be another grind. besides, for endgame content targeting players that already have all the stuff they want, the experience of having fun with the game and the friends is the major concern; reward is just something bonus, like a dessert.