Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kicked to Login from Arsenal (and other menu interfaces)

FreelanceTentacleMonster

For a good while now, I've been experiencing an issue where, upon exiting the Arsenal (either by hitting ESC or manually clicking the Exit button), my game briefly flashes to the Orbiter's cockpit before suddenly booting me back to the Login Screen. This issue has become far more frequent in the last two months, and has started occurring in other menus under similar contexts - Operator / Focus interface when I exit, The Business and Ticker on Fortuna when I turn in servofish / bonds respectively, any craftable weapon / gear vendor when I try to Gild the appropriate item, and even in my Mods station when I try to dissolve / sell duplicate mods or insert Ayatan Stars. This has the added effect of eliminating anything I've done while in that menu, most annoying when I'm customizing a mod loadout or appearance only to be booted and have all my work wiped. In the last hour, I have experienced this issue six times in the last half-hour while trying to tune up the colors on my Moa, and there seems to be no consistency as to when or if it will happen.

This player is my clan superior officer, and I offered to look through their EE.log.

Already, I'm seeing things that alarm me. But Warframe as a set of moving parts isn't programmed very well, and these might not be problems as I see them.

Spoiler

21723.553 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
21726.311 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
21739.932 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
21756.074 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
21757.475 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
21758.102 Sys [Error]: https://ToS violation/api/saveLoadout.php failed (Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443 )
21758.105 Sys [Warning]: HTTP request failed.
21758.105 Sys [Warning]:
21758.105 Sys [Warning]: TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS alert, Client hello (1):
21758.105 Sys [Warning]: TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
21758.105 Sys [Warning]: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443
21758.105 Sys [Warning]: Host-IP: [REDACTED]
21758.105 Sys [Warning]: Client-Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 14:18:21 GMT
21758.105 Sys [Warning]: DNS: 266ms, Connect: 47ms, Handshake: 0us, Server: 625ms
21758.105 Sys [Error]: Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443
21758.107 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
21758.182 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
21758.199 Script [Info]: Dialog::CreateOk(description=/Lotus/Language/Menu/BackgroundError_FailedToConnect, leftItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Ok)
21758.439 Script [Error]: Script Error: SWIG_fail_ptr: In ?(86) originating from /Lotus/Scripts/Quests/RevenantQuest.lua::QuestStage with owner AlternateLotusFrontEndGameRules
21758.760 Sys [Error]: https://ToS violation/stats/upload.php failed (Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443 )
21759.068 Sys [Error]: DisableTextureStreaming 1
21759.068 Sys [Error]: EnableTextureStreaming 1
21759.076 Sys [Warning]: Stats upload failed:
Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443
21759.096 Sys [Error]: https://ToS violation/api/logout.php failed (Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443 )
21759.309 Sys [Warning]: HTTP request failed.
21759.309 Sys [Warning]:
21759.309 Sys [Warning]: TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
21759.309 Sys [Warning]: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443
21759.309 Sys [Warning]: Host-IP: [REDACTED]
21759.309 Sys [Warning]: Client-Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 14:18:22 GMT
21759.309 Sys [Warning]: DNS: 0us, Connect: 31ms, Handshake: 0us, Server: 328ms
21759.309 Sys [Error]: Logout failed: Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443

"Here's another one. Session consisted of shuffling a few mods, dissolving some more for Endo, dropping off an Ayatan, and then going back to the Lander for some color tweaks."

Spoiler

296.784 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
297.814 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
303.253 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
319.102 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
326.185 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
336.251 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
344.935 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
350.803 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
351.370 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
352.101 Sys [Error]: https://ToS violation/api/saveLoadout.php failed (Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443 )
352.116 Sys [Warning]: HTTP request failed.
352.116 Sys [Warning]:
352.116 Sys [Warning]: TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS alert, Client hello (1):
352.116 Sys [Warning]: TLSv1.2 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
352.116 Sys [Warning]: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443
352.116 Sys [Warning]: Host-IP: [REDACTED]
352.116 Sys [Warning]: Client-Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 15:29:34 GMT
352.116 Sys [Warning]: DNS: 265ms, Connect: 47ms, Handshake: 0us, Server: 734ms
352.116 Sys [Error]: Error: Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ToS violation:443
352.118 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
352.184 Sys [Warning]: Invalid item ID for loadout item at slot HEAVY_GUN_SLOT
352.200 Script [Info]: Dialog::CreateOk(description=/Lotus/Language/Menu/BackgroundError_FailedToConnect, leftItem=/Menu/Confirm_Item_Ok)

All generated EE.logs have been churned through a FINDSTR command looking for instances of the words Error and Warning, because the logs themselves are incredibly exhaustive. Furthermore, Host-IP has been scrubbed.

"I seem to have caught onto a common thread between causes - the probability of the kick occurring tends to scale with how much my inventory or appearance is altered by actions within the menu prior to attempting to finalize (whereupon the kick happens).
[...]
Obviously, stuff in the Hub World Traders (and Baro, for that matter) have nothing to do with my Mods or Arsenal directly.
The most frequent hang-ups tend to happen around the Arsenal and the Mod Station - though they've happened at the Foundry too when I attempt to claim a recent weapon.
Beyond that? There is no specific mod, colorable segment, or piece of equipment that seems to trigger this. It is not that simple."

•Edit: Uh, also, it looks like the forum systems, in DE's continuing wellspring of wisdom, censor the  api. warframe .com URL. So whenever you see "ToS violation", that's what's supposed to be there.

Man, wouldn't it be great if you could post diagnostic data and not have the medium mangle it out of some misplaced defense? Sure would be great...

Edited by Noxedwin
Stupid forum censor.

• 1 month later...

1. Maybe wrong DNS settings. Try to change to different DNS servers.

2. There might be something wrong with network hardware. Device manager, Network adapter, double click your network (maybe Realtek), ARP offload disabled, IPv4 checksum offload disabled, Large send offload v2 disabled, NS offload disabled, TCP checksum offload disabled, UDP checksum offload disabled. OR, just try a different USB to Ethernet adapter or different wireless adapter.

3. Faulty router, modem, ethernet switch, or bad router settings. If it is a separate wireless router, try connect directly to modem using ethernet cable, and check if the problem is gone. I recently had SB6141 modem randomly lose connection on me. I look through the vents of this modem, I see failed capacitors with bent tops and brown spot on it. New modem fixed it.