Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spectorage: Making It Shine

(PSN)LoisGordils

Gara's Spectorage, while in no way a bad ability, is the least glimmering part of her kit. Mostly, it is due to the lack of scalability and reliability at higher levels because the mirrors are destroyed too quickly. 

Current Spectorage:

1. Finite Health

2. Doesn't scale

3. Duration based

4. Unreliable CC

My suggestions:

Spectorage no longer has health points and they will no longer shatter due to enemy damage. Rather, the mirrors will absorb all the damage enemies deal to them. Said damage is accumulated and when the skill expires or is manually deactivated by pressing it again, the carousel shatters inwards. Inflicting all of the damage absorbed as equal parts Puncture and Slash to all enemies inside the ring. That is to say, if the mirrors absorbed 1000 points of damage, the explosion will deal 500 Slash and 500 Puncture. With these changes, Spectorage becomes much more useful at higher levels and will also serve as both a crowd control ability and as a focused nuke.

Thoughts? :]

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

3 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Gara's Spectorage, while in no way a bad ability, is the least glimmering part of her kit. Mostly, it is due to the lack of scalability and reliability at higher levels because the mirrors are destroyed too quickly. 

Current Spectorage:

1. Finite Health

2. Doesn't scale

3. Duration based

4. Unreliable CC

My suggestions:

Spectorage no longer has health points and they will no longer shatter due to enemy damage. Rather, the mirrors will absorb all the damage enemies deal to them. Said damage is accumulated and when the skill expires or is manually deactivated by pressing it again, the carousel shatters inwards. Inflicting all of the damage absorbed as equal parts Puncture and Slash to all enemies inside the ring. That is to say, if the mirrors absorbed 1000 points of damage, the explosion will deal 500 Slash and 500 Puncture. With these changes, Spectorage becomes much more useful at higher levels and will also serve as both a crowd control ability and as a focused nuke.

Thoughts? :]

Yes this ^^, i was gonna post something about Gara's 3rd again but basically what you suggested would be nice...or have the mirror be invulnerable for 4 secs, the dmg stored goes to their health and explosion dmg, in other words give them a MOLT/SnowGlobe/Ironskin mechanic to make them viable past SEDNA...

Speficially saryn's MOLT would get obliterated more or less the moment you casted it, making the healing augment useless or useful for...1 tick of healing, after they gave molt a way to survive for 4 secs while being invulnerable and add to its health made a huge nice difference.

I won't comment on the augment per se, but when the mirrors just go poof after 2 seconds before you can even kill the enemies, that makes the whole augment thing redundant hands down, no matter if the augment itself is a gimmick, or a good one

Edited by arm4geddon-117

4 hours ago, Neightrix said:

This seems like more of what her 4 already does.

Just make it blind enemies like her passive whenever a section is destroyed. Then it will behave more like the confusing mirror thing it seems designed to be.

Personally id just make it trigger her passive if gara is in it every 8 or so seconds. It actually is a decent taunt/second best after GD in game in terms of reliability, its just compared to the rest of her kit its not worth the energy and doesnt provide much damage output benefit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

No, you shatter her 4th by striking it with Shattered Lash, not by pressing the skill again. And besides, Spectorage literally already implodes, try again.

Trying to suggest what I said is inaccurate because you press a different button is pathetic. It is manual detonation as you described it. Handle criticism better. Take it down a notch and stop being rude.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Neightrix:

Trying to suggest what I said is inaccurate because you press a different button is pathetic. It is manual detonation as you described it. Handle criticism better. Take it down a notch and stop being rude.

I think the main point is Mass Vitrify explodes outwards, whereas Spectrorage damages enemies inside, hence "implode". Spectrorage just doesn't do it on command right now.

2 hours ago, Neightrix said:

I was not being rude. I literally told you to try again because your argument was invalid. No need to take offense 🙂

On 2019-01-10 at 7:19 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Agree on all points and upvoted. 

But... I don't think it needs a rework like this - it's not a bad CC/choke-point ability. The mirrors go down fast, but they rotate and enemies tend to stay put for most of the ability duration.

The problem is that it costs 75 energy, and it's just not ever worth spending that energy on Spectorage over her 1 or 4 (which you need to be constantly recasting)

If it cost 10-25 somewhere it would be a lot more useful, and more in line with its relevant value as an ability.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly find it weird that a glass themed frame doesn't have a reflect thing going on with her skills 😕

Anyway, I like this suggestion and maybe if they lower the energy cost from 75 to maybe 50 at least. If the damage seems OP, they can just make it reflect a small % of damage dealt by enemies, coz I'm looking at this skill and I don't think DE sees this as a damage-dealing skill but more of a CC, but right now it fails to do it's job on higher levels 🙁