Sign in to follow this  
Zendadaist

Add option to choose whether News links open in Steam or PC default browser

So currently, on PC, activating the News panel will open the selected link in a different location depending on your display settings. If you run Windowed it uses the default browser on your PC, if Fullscreen Borderless then it uses the Steam browser.

Please can we have an option to choose which we would like it to actually use irrespective of display options? I want to run Fullscreen Borderless instead of Windowed, but I absolutely despise the Steam browser to the point where not being able to choose to have it open in Firefox (as it does using Windowed mode) really winds me up. I'm sure there's people who want the option to do the reverse too!

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Not that I have a problem with more options or anything but I think it tries to get you to use steam for stability reasons, borderless windowed would probably be fine but actual fullscreen tends to get stability issues if it's closed and opened too much.

Well, the "fullscreen borderless" mode seems somewhat mislabelled as it behaves like a windowed borderless (which is why I want to use it, I don't like using actual fullscreen if I can help it). So I'd hope it wasn't stability issues preventing an option!