Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Make Every Stars Have One Map With Extreme Hard Difficult?

cary2010haha

It doesn't need special reward, because some of us have not many time to do defence or use hundreds of  mins to wait enemies lvl grow, and even 1942 lvl's enemy still weak, they slow, and stupid.

Some ppl will say lvl 500 enemy is hard enough, right, for some of them they think now the difficultly is enough, but some of us don't think so.

That's why suggest make one map on every star Extreme hard with no special reward, you can play or not, doesn't affect you can or can't get anything, below is what we want.

Random missions, but no defense and mobile defense.
Random Scenes that star can have.

7 Times normal health and shield as their lvl.

2.5 time movement speed.
Instant detect on contact .(but still need to rang alarm to make whole ship alert)
Shot between shot remove cool down, always have the highest fire rate.
Instant aim.

adjust aim point from chest to upper parts(head the best), make frame can't stand behind a piece of half man height railing and block all bullets.

More aggressive AI, no more taking cover and charge every second.(Basely just change all their AI to roller or Moa)

Most of them is just number changes, easy to done, and more challenge. We want challenges(not just remove the mods :P with no mods our enemies still slow and stupid).

and even 1942 lvl's enemy still weak

Some ppl will say lvl 500 enemy is hard enough, right, for some of them they think now the difficultly is enough, but some of us don't think so.

I'd venture to say that you've never fought a level 500 enemy.  They will 1 hit you.  A level 1942 enemy would probably hit you so hard it would delete your frame.

You, sir, are full of yourself.

Edited by MeteorKing

That's honestly a really disappointing concept for a hardmode. You'd just end up with a time of Lokis who'd Melee DPS the room, take a break, then move on. Unless it's Infested, then just replace the Lokis with Vaubans, and the Melee DPS with Vortex and Bastille spam. It'd just lead to abuse in different forms, nothing creative or skillful.

I'd venture to say that you've never fought a level 500 enemy.  They will 1 hit you.  A level 1942 enemy would probably hit you so hard it would delete your frame.

You, sir, are full of yourself.

70waves and they go 500 level or more, isn't that hard. 1942 lvl when 180 waves, 6 hours and AI still slow and stupid.

What I ask is just a map have more challenge with no reward, we want more challenging enemies without wasting 2-6 hours and Not only huge damage and health

That's honestly a really disappointing concept for a hardmode. You'd just end up with a time of Lokis who'd Melee DPS the room, take a break, then move on. Unless it's Infested, then just replace the Lokis with Vaubans, and the Melee DPS with Vortex and Bastille spam. It'd just lead to abuse in different forms, nothing creative or skillful.

Instant detect on contact>>> they won't see loki, but will react to attack, the enemy will strike back if he take hit, no matter sight on or not .

And Vauban and his CC power, thats how they work, thats fine, if we want challenge, we can just don't use power .

what i want is improve our enemies.

Now? even i don't use power, they sucks

Edited by Cary2010haha

Greetings,

The problem is currently with the AI. That is why DE has an open slot for AI/Game devs ( I wanna, sadly only as junior :P )

One of their solution was the adding of nightmare missions. 

Your idea is ok, though it is only a temporary fix since it does not solve the core of the problem.

With your idea the gameplay flow would be like this :

more time to kill => more dmg taken 

Sadly this won't improve the AI, thus won't give much of a challenge.

First point: I seriously doubt you've been to even wave 70, much less wave 180 (actually I don't think anyone has, isn't the record like 154?).

Secondly: A lot of difficuly, just in general, comes from things dishing out massive damage and taking a beating.

http://priv.hiphotos.baidu.com/album/s%3D1100%3Bq%3D90/sign=a647d836a686c9170c035638f90d4bbe/21a4462309f79052abaf7bf00df3d7ca7acbd54f.jpg?psign=92c9a4ca5882b2b7b707f5fa3184048e76094b36aeafa336

Instant detect on contact>>> they won't see loki, but will react to attack, the enemy will strike back if he take hit, no matter sight on or not .

And Vauban and his CC power, thats how they work, thats fine, if we want challenge, we can just don't use power .

what i want is improve our enemies.

Now? even i don't use power, they sucks

But charge attacks with decent charge weapons stun lock everything...

And even if that doesn't work, Kogake > Retreat > Kogake.

Besides, the entire idea you have is only meaningful if challenge is provided without the player needlessly gimping his or herself. If I wanted a challenge and was fine with gimping myself, I'd go run infested defense with only a skana and no powers. Heck, I can't say this challenge would be funner than the standard game, as it's not enemies doing something new I have to adapt to, it's old enemies shooting their standard guns who are now numerically more powerful without being any more devious than they were previously.

As I've said before, interesting difficulty is smart enemies with large and diverse movelists, dumb difficulty is walking tanks with inebriated drivers.

Greetings,

The problem is currently with the AI. That is why DE has an open slot for AI/Game devs ( I wanna, sadly only as junior :P )

One of their solution was the adding of nightmare missions. 

Your idea is ok, though it is only a temporary fix since it does not solve the core of the problem.

With your idea the gameplay flow would be like this :

Sadly this won't improve the AI, thus won't give much of a challenge.

not really right, what my idea is : with no power support  no cover no tactic => heavy damage taken.

AI is useless, only power AI have is extreme fast and accurate reaction that beats our neurotransmission's limit.

Yeah, that link is broken.  I assume it's some proof of you being at whatever wave fighting whatever level enemy. If that's the case, then I was wrong to doubt you.  

Wow, that tells me nothing.  It's such a grainy picture that I have no idea if it's shopped and it's so cropped that I have no idea if it's you... I really hope that's not your resolution when you're playing...

Additionally, I'd really like to know what weapons you're using to take down things with what I would assume would be massive health pools.  Yes, I know, Nova + Banshee + Rhino = x15 damage, but even so...  I mean, I guess... I'm just interested in the weapons, is all.

Edited by MeteorKing

-cut-

let extreme difficulty enemy:

retains original levels.

3x fire cycles (shot faster + shorten interval between each full cycles)

give debuff immune.

enable small & heavy units to target sentical

enable spawn of MUCH more heavy units than original rate.

let extreme difficulty enemy:

retains original levels.

3x fire cycles (shot faster + shorten interval between each full cycles)

give debuff immune.

enable small & heavy units to target sentical

enable spawn of MUCH more heavy units than original rate.

These are good suggestions.  Thank you for not being generic and boring about it by exclaiming "BETTER AI AMG!"

By "some of us who don't think so" you are implying no-life nerds who never leave their chairs? Of course the game is too easy when you spend all your life playing it.

By "some of us who don't think so" you are implying no-life nerds who never leave their chairs? Of course the game is too easy when you spend all your life playing it.

you miss my point, i am the one don't want spent 6 hours to get 1900 lvl enemy, why not just bring out the "Extreme hard level" from begin? (begin means the start of that map, not the whole WF)

I doubt that many will agree to this idea since it's just pure powercreep, just like your previous suggestion.   

powercreep or not is relatively to the player, when i speak these idea, i know i can handle it, and it's sure not power creep for me. That's why i just want one map on each star, and no special reward, you can play or not, but those who want challenge but don't have 2-3hours go for boring defecne will enjoy these maps.

I think you've got your tables turned.  He's suggesting these bland buffs for enemies, not Tenno.

Powercreep can be applied to both players and AI. Basically, it's numerical increase in the game that increase difficulty and increase the standard of balance upward without actually adding anything new.

Like fighting against Lv1 Grinner lancer compared to fighting Lv 30 Grineer lancer.

Now increase it to Lv 1500 Grineer. Nothing different, just stat changes. No new mechanics, no new tricks, nothing.

It's just a way to say "buy new stuff or go to hell". That's what happened in WoW.