Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Remove the Void defense lasers or these trolls will keep pressing them

-Sentient-

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Exactly. DE should also enable friendly fire by default, not just with rad procs. If someone's against it, they are just lazy.

Well they did try friendly fire Nightmare missions. Me and 2 other friends are guilty of going PUG just to kill each other and that one poor random that joined in (We did this just once cuz killing each other is way more fun actually). We still go to the simulacrum and enable friendly fire just for the LOLz but it's not the same.

Guess killjoys like OP here just spammed the forums and those missions are gone now.

Edited by EDM774

I press these as much as possible when they are available. It's too hard to resist, I'm not even trying to make people mad.

It drives my boyfriend nuts.

It really isn't that hard to wait for a rez though. I don't let people actually die. Now if the defense starts to get challenging then I focus on that.

This is a fun little detail that people need to not whine about, the way the gaming base whines about everything else.

Just now, Legion-Shields said:

The same reason all other lasers damage you? Because it’s a fricken’ laser.

Sure, its like saying the Ally Opticor should damage me because its an laser

You didn't understand what I meant

The Death orbs laser doesn't instakill you like this one.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I press these as much as possible when they are available. It's too hard to resist, I'm not even trying to make people mad.

It drives my boyfriend nuts.

It really isn't that hard to wait for a rez though. I don't let people actually die. Now if the defense starts to get challenging then I focus on that.

This is a fun little detail that people need to not whine about, the way the gaming base whines about everything else.

Its fun with friends for sure, but it isn't fun when you join a PUB to find these people doing it all over again, especially in arbitrations.

Just now, -Sentient- said:

Sure, its like saying the Ally Opticor should damage me because its an laser

You didn't understand what I meant

The Death orbs laser doesn't instakill you like this one.

Death Orbs aren’t found in environments that are designed for defense against waves of scaling enemies. 

Friendly fire and the overall power level of players in this game is a whole other discussion. 

Its fun with friends for sure, but it isn't fun when you join a PUB to find these people doing it all over again, especially in arbitrations.

oh I agree 100% with arbitrations didn't know that was even a thing.

But otherwise, I only giggle when strangers do it since I do it, too.

Then it becomes a race to the lasers when they refresh.

As for griefing, I mean the same could be said of Limbo's existence at all. Which is a frame I love.

3 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Well they did try friendly fire Nightmare missions. Me and 2 other friends are guilty of going PUG just to kill each other and that one poor random that joined in (We did this just once cuz killing each other is way more fun actually). We still go to the simulacrum and enable friendly fire just for the LOLz but it's not the same.

Guess killjoys like OP here just spammed the forums and those missions are gone now.

Those missions were not enough anyways. Just imagine how the gameplay would be improved if every mission had friendly fire (even more with more self-damage means). Saryn ults in ESO - boom, the whole team is dead. Perfect.

You and me have very diferent concept on Fun

For me fun is not when a player comes and keeps spamming a laser when you are close to it or when you go or gather resources

Or when a Loki or a nova finds a way to press the button and then teleport you into it.

Are you kidding ? that's the most fun of all. Especially if I'm the victim. As soon as I die the whole chat bursts out laughing. Then I do it to someone else, laughs all round again. Until everyone in the squad has died at least once.

The game is so boring and stale and all the content is so easy that getting killed by someone else is the only thing that can keep you entertained at this point

If you still haven't reached to this point in the game it'll come a time when you'll see the light and just laugh at how stupid this whole conversation so far was.

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I vote to keep the lasers.

I had a very bad experience with them and hate them immensely.

But out of spite I fully support keeping the death lasers in void defense.

The problem is not the laser mechanic itself, its the self damage that opens a window to Trollers.

You know what @-Sentient- I'm starting to like you. You're a fun guy to talk to.

I think we should play together sometime just so I get to know you better, but then again I doubt that'll ever happen cuz you probably think I'm some troll or something like that (understandable but I'm not LOL). Anyway thanks for the fun time talking and have a good day.

Edited by EDM774

2 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

You know what @-Sentient- I'm starting to like you. You're a fun guy to talk to.

I think we should play together sometime just so I get to know you better, but then again I doubt that'll ever happen cuz you probably think I'm some troll or something like that (understandable but I'm not LOL). Anyway thanks for the fun time talking and have a good day.

Np

il PM you later

they were once disable in the key era.And may say solo or with a friend was a pain goo endless without extra help of laser when needed

isee laser now being use like toy,,I laugh

laser should stay.Its avoid  thing,,meant A void thing like Prime and Death orb energy

nothing to do with fortuna toroid no drop in 3 hours

5 minutes ago, Ouinpis said:

they were once disable in the key era.And may say solo or with a friend was a pain goo endless without extra help of laser when needed

isee laser now being use like toy,,I laugh

laser should stay.Its avoid  thing,,meant A void thing like Prime and Death orb energy

nothing to do with fortuna toroid no drop in 3 hours

What does that even mean?

Wow I had no idea some people actually like those heavy metal death beams. But you learn something every day. For example that next time I'll have to go in with Loki and if someone begins trolling I can just teleport them in front of the laser. Btw I don't remember when was the last time I saw someone use it, guess the PS4 Tenno are not fun!

1 hour ago, -Sentient- said:

Seriously the people that are in favor on leaving them hasn't experienced the trolls that keep doing it

Leave the void lasers but without friendly damage, this is just an Window for trollers.

Check my profile, I've experienced it.

I just don't see it as the awful experience you do, especially when I return the favor to the trolls. They're a lot like bullies, they generally aren't a fan of their antics when they're on the receiving end. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, -Sentient- said:

The solution is not to "Play solo" , 

is not easy to stay in one place, you need to go everywhere and shoot everything, this is a fast-paced game

The solution is to remove friendly fire from it,and these lasers aren't like the death orb ones, these instakill you

Incorrect, playing solo IS a solution in your case. This game is also quite spacious so you arent limited to one space and I also gave you other options. The lasers arent weaker compared to most but if you stood in a normal laser depending on your builds or warframe youll die in seconds. Its to up the thrill and dangers of the mission.

Just because some guy trolled you doesnt give a valid reason to want something changed or removed. You barely have to do void defense and you have over 100,000 people playing.

Edited by (XB1)Lwyu
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...