Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE now has Serious Competition

degrida

I think it's high time for DE to show us something better and grander than what they have now because Bungie has just become independent and there is a good chance that if Warframe doesn't secure its place as THE best sci-fi mmolite game, Destiny will step up to the plate and claim that spot.

Edit: I just want Warframe to be as great as World of Warcraft considering that it has no sci-fi shooter equivalent and because Warframe is on its track to becoming what Dark Sector should have been: Unreal tournament's combat speed and sci-fi + persistent online universe.

Edited by degrida

5 minutes ago, degrida said:

I think it's high time for DE to show us something better and grander than what they have now because Bungie has just become independent and there is a good chance that if Warframe doesn't secure its place as THE best sci-fi mmolite game, Destiny will step up to the plate and claim that spot.

Not after the massive amounts of scandal 343 has been burying themselves under.

Gonna kinda take forever for destiny to get players to trust it again since half of they stuff they pulled can still be bungie's fault. Also games can share the same genre still exist, your making it seem like if warframe doesn't hold this imaginary title that you just made up it's going to disappear. Another game exist, I think warframe is fine

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Gonna kinda take forever for destiny to get players to trust it again since half of they stuff they pulled can still be bungie's fault. Also games can share the same genre still exist, your making it seem like if warframe doesn't hold this imaginary title that you just made up it's going to disappear. Another game exist, I think warframe is fine

Still, the numbers matter and if there are more people on Destiny than there on Warframe chances are that more people will flock to the more populated game if Bungie can live up to the new expectations. Besides, you can only sink your time into one of those experiences. If both games are vast and deep in their content, it will be very rare for a person to indulge in both.

Edited by degrida
lacking info

3 minutes ago, degrida said:

Still, the numbers matter and if there are more people on Destiny than there on Warframe chances are that more people will flock to the more populated game if Bungie can live up to the new expectations. Besides, you can only sink your time into one of those experiences. If both games are vast and deep in their content, it will be very rare for a person to indulge in both.

Why don't you cite these "numbers" please. And for each platform that the respective games are available on, not just one cherry picked example that confirms your apparent bias.

I swear Destiny threads are like saturday morning cartoon villains. 

"DESTINY WILL DEFEAT YOU WARFRAME"

Turned out Meh

"NEXT TIME I WILL DEFEAT YOU WARFRAME!"

1 year later

"WITH DESTINY 2 I WILL BEAT YOU WARFRAME"

Still meh

"NEXT TIME I WILL DEFEAT YOU WARFRAME!"

1 year later

"NOW THAT I AM FREE FROM ACTIVISON I WILL FINALLY BEAT YOU WARFRAME!"

You all know the rest

• Like 3

Destiny is a tripleA title (for what that means anymore) and has a proper advertising budget AND is made by a very well known company. It'll always have more players than Warframe until the ip is abandoned.

13 minutes ago, degrida said:

Hmmm... DE has won the hearts and minds of its fans and - in my admittedly limited view, as I've only played Destiny 1 + DLCs - they've created a far more rewarding and content-rich game world with one of the friendliest and generous communities I've come across in my life. That, and I didn't have to pay a cent for anything, don't have to pay for a PS+ membership, and despite having invested over 300+ hours, still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. This, on a game that was released back in 2013, that still gets regular and great content updates that in many ways revolutionise its gameplay mechanics in ways that Bungie can only dream of doing with Destiny, two games down the line.

I had to literally tear myself away from Warframe at the backend of the 2018 Xmas holiday because I was seriously addicted, and yet, here I am, just chomping at the bit to get back in. I don't think DE will lose any of its loyal fan base to Bungie and beyond that, they've done so much reputational damage to their name and the Destiny brand under Activision, it's gonna take some time for them to restore faith from the public, save from their die-hard fans.

If anything, you may find some Warframe fans dabbling in whatever Bungie does next - or Bioware, for that matter, with Anthem - but I don't think anyone who's committed themselves and seriously invested time into Warframe will abandon it outright. I bet Bungie and Bioware are seriously cribbing notes from DE so as to ensure they can win people over as DE has done with their IP; DE has done with Warframe what Bungie promised to do with Destiny - create a game you'd play for ten years (and it's only six in now) - and yet they're already wasting away with Destiny 2 and there are already whisperings of Destiny 3... Nah, I think DE and Warframe are pretty safe and secure.

Tl;dr: DE and Warframe's pretty safe.

• Like 1

INB4 lock thread. I suppose I just want warframe to win, seeing as it had the chance to become number one when Bungie, Cloud Imperium Games and Bioware were knee deep in controversy. It would just feel so good to say that Warframe is the best when it comes to this genre of games.

1 minute ago, degrida said:

INB4 lock thread. I suppose I just want warframe to win, seeing as it had the chance to become number one when Bungie, Cloud Imperium Games and Bioware were knee deep in controversy. It would just feel so good to say that Warframe is the best when it comes to this genre of games.

Win what? Not to mention (or actually it was already mentioned) the type of game is entirely different. It's like if I said when Sunless Skies comes out of beta it is going to be serious competition for DE. Sunless Skies is epic, but it's not the same type of game at all.

• Like 1

Mmm, with destiny locking content behind payment they have already lost the battle. But at the same time, they are different games, and people can play both at the same time, saying someone can't invest time into both is just plain silly.

Edited by Er0rCod3
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, degrida said:

Now? More like in a year+

2 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Win what? Not to mention (or actually it was already mentioned) the type of game is entirely different. It's like if I said when Sunless Skies comes out of beta it is going to be serious competition for DE. Sunless Skies is epic, but it's not the same type of game at all.

Anthem, Destiny, Warframe and Star Citizen all encompass the looter shooter sci-fi epic that has been gaining traction these last few years. And as for your question of winning what exactly, it would be endless praise and a long lasting legacy equal to that of WoW or even more Farfetched, Mario.

Anthem, Destiny, Warframe and Star Citizen all encompass the looter shooter sci-fi epic that has been gaining traction these last few years. And as for your question of winning what exactly, it would be endless praise and a long lasting legacy equal to that of WoW or even more Farfetched, Mario.

Why are you constantly comparing a very successful initially indie game to big ticket titles that basically have sh*t the bed and dropped playerbase rapidly?

Also, mentioning Star Citizen as if it will ever launch within this century. LOL.

• Like 2

vor 36 Minuten schrieb degrida:

To become competitive, DE first has to remove 90% of it's content, trash the mod-system and restrict colour options from Warframe.

Oh and switch to scaling enemies, so you never feel any progress.

15 minutes ago, Er0rCod3 said:

Mmm, with destiny locking content behind payment they have already lost the battle. But at the same time, they are different games, and people can play both at the same time, saying someone can't invest time into both is just plain silly.

That's what most people, including mainstream gaming sites like pcgamer believed when Rainbow Six Siege went out. But those hangers on made it clear to the devs what changes needed to be done in order for the game to succeed and lo and behold at where that game is now. Also, the only foreseeable reason that a person can indulge in both games is either due to content drought or a bad update from either game.

Edited by degrida