Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE now has Serious Competition

degrida

Am 11.1.2019 um 07:44 schrieb trst:

Destiny is a tripleA title (for what that means anymore) and has a proper advertising budget AND is made by a very well known company. It'll always have more players than Warframe until the ip is abandoned.

tripple A like cAsh cAsh cAsh...

Honesty I don't really think this will make much difference. 

After a quick google it seems that Bungee is basically suffering the exact same issues with Destiny as DE is with warframe, namely lack of updates and an endless debate about balance between end gamers and casuals...throw in some excessive Sony exclusivity on items for destiny as well...

Also seems to be a 'destiny 3' on the horizon too so destiny 2 might be 'end of life' etc.

If I'm being completely honest I'd say DE has more of an issue with EA and anthem, as much as I hate EA, anthem really does look like a really well polished (at least visually) game.  Now I don't know what the game play etc will be like but it's got my attention if nothing else.

Edited by LSG501
typos

18 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Honesty I don't really think this will make much difference. 

After a quick google it seems that Bungee is basically suffering the exact same issues with Destiny as DE is with warframe, namely lack of updates and an endless debate about balance between end gamers and casuals...throw in some excessive Sony exclusivity on items for destiny as well...

Also seems to be a 'destiny 3' on the horizon too so destiny 2 might be 'end of life' etc.

If I'm being completely honest I'd say DE has more of an issue with EA and anthem, as much as I hate EA, anthem really does look like a really well polished (at least visually) game.  Now I don't know what the game play etc will be like but it's got my attention if nothing else.

I don’t think it’ll make much of a difference either. But I think DE might have some competition in the future with bungie, not EA. Bungie just became an independent studio so now that they’re free from Activision they might actually put something out worthwhile. But who knows when that will be? EA is a different story IMO. Sure anthem is around the corner, but given EA’s track record, I suspect anthem will under preform. I expect it’ll come with over priced deluxe editions, micro transactions (possibly loot boxes), and the game itself will launch in an incomplete state (functional or content wise). 

it's impossible to claim that spot atm.

As soon you try to compete with any game, not only you need to match, but you also need to offer more, any company that checks the warframe variety, the weapons, the areas quickly realizes they need years to reach that same point, you also need to enter with an appealing price tag, warframe being free means other companies have to also use a free to play model or a very worthwhile gameplay that justifies the price tag

Mass effect andromeda also had the ambition to make many more worlds, but time constraints made them cut stuff from the game to meet deadlines

Competing with warframe requires a risky and very long term investment, you don't know what will happen in 2 or 3 years, if the genre is appealing, if players are still interested in your ip or your work, if you have the money to pull it off, if you can offer more than warframe in 2 years.

Unless you offer something different and/or better, your screwed.

Amazing eternals is an example that failed right from the start, why did DE decide to compete directly with games like overwatch and offered a semi buggy alpha experience is beyond me.

Common sense goes both ways

On 2019-01-15 at 5:57 PM, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

I don’t think it’ll make much of a difference either. But I think DE might have some competition in the future with bungie, not EA. Bungie just became an independent studio so now that they’re free from Activision they might actually put something out worthwhile. But who knows when that will be? EA is a different story IMO. Sure anthem is around the corner, but given EA’s track record, I suspect anthem will under preform. I expect it’ll come with over priced deluxe editions, micro transactions (possibly loot boxes), and the game itself will launch in an incomplete state (functional or content wise). 

Depends - everyone assumes it was Activision that was the problem based on gamers bias (with justification) towards publishers. Considering Destiny 2 STILL has the same networking issues it had since launch on both PC and console, add to that the need to have players test the latest offering as a beta AFTER paying for a annual pass, I'm not sure it was all Activision doing the big bad. And lets not mention current player count, which some estimates by gaming sites have put it well down from launch and even the momentary blip caused by Forsaken has decreased. Personally, Bungie burnt a lot of bridges with the initial release, and the unresolved issues for what is meant to be a 3A product is embarrassing.

As for EA  - i don't know how many times I need to say this but everything about Anthem has been released  - yes there will be deluxe editions like every game release for the last 10 years. However EA and Bioware have publicly gone ot of their way to emphasis 'no loot boxes' and all MT is limited to cosmetics. As for launch, the game might very well be incomplete, but considering Bioware and EA have stated all DLC will be free, it wont be like the release of Curse of Osiris or Warmind - charging full game prices for limited expansion packs. 

6 hours ago, Kidkilla said:

Depends - everyone assumes it was Activision that was the problem based on gamers bias (with justification) towards publishers. Considering Destiny 2 STILL has the same networking issues it had since launch on both PC and console, add to that the need to have players test the latest offering as a beta AFTER paying for a annual pass, I'm not sure it was all Activision doing the big bad. And lets not mention current player count, which some estimates by gaming sites have put it well down from launch and even the momentary blip caused by Forsaken has decreased. Personally, Bungie burnt a lot of bridges with the initial release, and the unresolved issues for what is meant to be a 3A product is embarrassing.

As for EA  - i don't know how many times I need to say this but everything about Anthem has been released  - yes there will be deluxe editions like every game release for the last 10 years. However EA and Bioware have publicly gone ot of their way to emphasis 'no loot boxes' and all MT is limited to cosmetics. As for launch, the game might very well be incomplete, but considering Bioware and EA have stated all DLC will be free, it wont be like the release of Curse of Osiris or Warmind - charging full game prices for limited expansion packs. 

Oh I know Bungie isn’t innocent. People like to blame Activision but Bungie has its own share of controversies and they suffered for it. I also know about the announcements EA and BioWare made about their game. I just don’t trust them. Never have, never will. I’ve also never been fond of micro transactions of any kind in full priced games so the fact that anthem will have them is strike one for me. But that’s a topic for another time