Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo trolls.

The_Stallion

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎10 at 11:02 PM, The_Stallion said:

So since apparently I'm just an idiot for not wanting my bullets to suddenly become ineffective without warning, please explain to me what Limbo can do better than any other defensive warframe.

No, that's not a challenge. I legitimately want to know what I am apparently missing out on.

Dude they changed limbo's stasis to not work that way a long time ago and if you follow a limbo close then you will get banished accidently... its not fault but your own.. because one limbo trolls party members you think all limbo players will be the same way and its not fair. I just entered a Arbitration and everyone left because I was limbo.. this limbo hate needs to stop. I can make Arbitrations and Kuva survival last hours with limbo. If people are not willing to see that then its their loss... enough said

I'd use a small range Limbo in Hydron but let me tell you, as a Mesa main, I really appreciate good Limbos protecting the objective well. I can shoot in and out of the cataclysm freely so I'm not really bothered by it 😛

also you can roll to get out of the rift.

Again there are good players and bad players on every frame. I wouldn't appreciate a slowva or a Frost spamming his globe on multiple places either.

Lol Hydron, the slow way to level gear.

Limbo in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing is infintely scaleable. That's the difference between him and most frames. Where other frames will eventually get 1 shotted even with 95% damage reduction or whatever, limbo's damage immunity is eternal. His stasis is also infintely scaleable. It doesn't matter if you're 10 hours into an endurance mission. If you're using limbo as your defense or crowd control, provided the player is good, enemy level is irrelevant.

19 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Lol Hydron, the slow way to level gear.

Limbo in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing is infintely scaleable. That's the difference between him and most frames. Where other frames will eventually get 1 shotted even with 95% damage reduction or whatever, limbo's damage immunity is eternal. His stasis is also infintely scaleable. It doesn't matter if you're 10 hours into an endurance mission. If you're using limbo as your defense or crowd control, provided the player is good, enemy level is irrelevant.

He is immune when he doesn't have to kill 10 nullifier bubbles or power destroyers...

Edited by bibmobello

2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

He is immune till he have to kill 10 nullifier bubbles or power destroyers...

If you didn't bring Miter with you for a long endurance run you probably shouldn't be doing it. You have team mates for that stuff.

Edited by Zilchy

On 2019-01-11 at 2:02 AM, The_Stallion said:

Limbo can do better than any other defensive warframe.

-perpetually stop -SCALING- damage to a 

*defense target

*team member

*Eidolon Lure

*Full team immunity to Eidolon magnetic waves

*infinite Kuva Survival

-Perpetually allow team mates to regenerate energy and is stackable with zenurik thus enabling warframes such as 

*Mesa

*Gas Lanka Mag

*Harrow

*Nidus

*Limbo

Etc etc to safely set up kill boxes while never being in danger.

-Is the fastest warframe at Spy and Lua Spy mission due to ignoring lasers without a speed loss, can whole sale kill cameras all at once and stop mobs from.triggering alarms even when alterted. 

-Is one if the best anti scaling warframes do to whole sale stop in organized parties resulting in ,again, perpetual defense and kill boxes for enemies level 300+

-Arbitration defense class mission

-Strollin through the capture maps

-Perpetual status procs inside the rift, resulting is easier to maintain condition overload builds

-Ressing without needing to get out of a warframe

-completely breaks Vazarin tree

-repeat full wage knockdowns in the cataclysm bubble

-Having the best Baron Samedi Hat

Theres quite a few things hes better at than many frames besides map wiping which quickly falls off after about 165+. 

Take a walk with Limbo and youll know, sit on the side of the glass looking in lead to this thread.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang
  • Like 1

I'm a NICE Limbo player!

I don't use Cataclysm when I'm in a team (unless the situation REALLY calls for it) and I don't use stasis near other players. If I need to recharge my shield or whatever, I bug out and try and find a quiet spot.

But then its the same for pretty much any frame I play. I also don't use Dance Macabre when I'm playing Revenant in a team (again, unless I REALLY feel I have to). I generally try not to do anything thats going to ruin the game for others.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Old Limbo was a troll, his first ability banish scaled off duration. Makes a single enemy go into the other plain....or ally. Back in those days you couldn't roll out of the rift, you were stuck in it for like 50 something seconds depending on duration....and then the limbo could refresh it again....and again....and again.... then they added being able to roll out of the rift. 

I saw it first hand

Person getting Trolled: Dude stop go **** your mom!!!!

Limbo: Cant I sent her to the rift too :^)

Trolled Person: OMFG

Legit a convo I once saw ingame ^^

New Limbo is a beast. Good for very high lvl defense and capable of high dmg.... though only when played right, his bubble can be very annoying specialy when they refuse to deactivate it even though its not doing a thing. Being in the rift turns the game into borderlands...

• Like 2

On 2019-01-11 at 2:04 AM, -Sentient- said:

Stop time in the rift, wont let bullets pass, and can send defensive objects into the rift, which means they will be invencible 

I'm a new limbo player and I want to learn how to do this... I've read you can make the defence objective invincible but which ability? Banish or Rift Surge? Everytime I use Banish it says "Unknown target" or something like that... 

Just now, (PS4)iesous27 said:

I'm a new limbo player and I want to learn how to do this... I've read you can make the defence objective invincible but which ability? Banish or Rift Surge? Everytime I use Banish it says "Unknown target" or something like that... 

use your 4 to put a dome around the target (aim at its centre when casting), then hit 2 for stasis, so that all enemies inside and on the edge of the bubble get frozen, then pick them off one by one from the inside. go for high duration, don't bother increasing range. later down the line you might acquire narrow-minded, a mod which trades away range for duration (no cons since the base bubble diameter is huge), and with other duration mods you might bring up the dome to last for over a minute and stasis for about 30-40s (i don't really remember my own build). this kind of limbo build will let you cheese high-level mobile defences on solo, for example. there's also the cataclysmic continuum augment for him, but while it does extend the bubble's duration for every kill in the rift, it won't stop it from shrinking, and by a certain point the bubble will simply become too cramped to function, which is when you should recast. kills in the rift give energy anyways, so the bubble is already a self-sustaining powerhouse. your only concern should be nullifiers and their fields, really.

2 minutes ago, evilChair said:

use your 4 to put a dome around the target (aim at its centre when casting), then hit 2 for stasis, so that all enemies inside and on the edge of the bubble get frozen, then pick them off one by one from the inside. go for high duration, don't bother increasing range. later down the line you might acquire narrow-minded, a mod which trades away range for duration (no cons since the base bubble diameter is huge), and with other duration mods you might bring up the dome to last for over a minute and stasis for about 30-40s (i don't really remember my own build). this kind of limbo build will let you cheese high-level mobile defences on solo, for example. there's also the cataclysmic continuum augment for him, but while it does extend the bubble's duration for every kill in the rift, it won't stop it from shrinking, and by a certain point the bubble will simply become too cramped to function, which is when you should recast. kills in the rift give energy anyways, so the bubble is already a self-sustaining powerhouse. your only concern should be nullifiers and their fields, really.

Based off this comment, I think Limbo is quite possibly the most OP frame in the game. Why the hate? Just because his dash leaves a rift hole and people get sucked in? You can easily get out by dashing again... lol, what's with these haters...

Thanks for your detailed explanation, thoroughly appreciated. 

5 hours ago, (NSW)revfunk said:

MANY are....but guess what? HUMANS are trolls...don't you dare blame our lovely gentleman of the void! He is a great frame, it just sux you keep getting S#&$ teammates. 

Actually NO, it's his fault for playing Hydron in pub to level up gear instead of doing it the quick way.

Edited by Zilchy

On 2019-01-11 at 5:50 PM, (PS4)tissot555 said:

First of all, you can damage enemies in his bubble now and if you are talking about being banished, all you do is roll to get out of it. The idea that you have to "stop your game" simply isnt true.                                                                      Second, it is really crazy how badly limbo is misunderstood by the player playing limbo and the team around him.                                                My limbo has 64% range and it's the absolute perfect spot for his abilities in my opinion. If you are reading this and you run a limbo with more than 64 percent range, you, yes YOU, are the reason the community hates limbo.           I'm not in front of my game but I believe that's a max narrow minded and an auger reach. Slap those babies on and put everything else into duration and efficiency. Theres also room for survivability mods such as rolling guard and/or an augment. Limbo is soooo easy to mod, sooo easy to play and is God mode. 

My Limbo has 280% range :-) I must be hated...
Seriously though I only use this build when doing syndicate missions because the cataclysm and a vacuum (also have around 90meter loot radar or something) is definitely the fastest way to find medallions by far.

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man

I love limbo as a frame. he is amazing and brings a hell of a lot but whenever im playing in pugs I do avoid him like the plague. People who play him tend to annoy more than they actually do good. 😕

When playing in premade groups I will welcome a limbo to my party any day.

He just has a kit which is so openly good at trolling people even if you dont intend to troll which makes people who arent that good with him, look like they are trolling even tho they arent trying to.

On 2019-02-25 at 1:16 AM, AzureScion said:

I'd use a small range Limbo in Hydron but let me tell you, as a Mesa main, I really appreciate good Limbos protecting the objective well. I can shoot in and out of the cataclysm freely so I'm not really bothered by it 😛

also you can roll to get out of the rift.

Again there are good players and bad players on every frame. I wouldn't appreciate a slowva or a Frost spamming his globe on multiple places either.

I played with a great limbo the other day. They clearly understood to frame as well as other people’s complaints with the frame. They protected the objective properly but didn’t get on our nerves. The player worked well with the team and we all benefited from their competency. Made the mission smooth. 

On 2019-02-25 at 8:32 AM, (PS4)iesous27 said:

Based off this comment, I think Limbo is quite possibly the most OP frame in the game. Why the hate? Just because his dash leaves a rift hole and people get sucked in? You can easily get out by dashing again... lol, what's with these haters...

Thanks for your detailed explanation, thoroughly appreciated. 

Jealousy.

On 2019-01-10 at 11:02 PM, The_Stallion said:

So since apparently I'm just an idiot for not wanting my bullets to suddenly become ineffective without warning, please explain to me what Limbo can do better than any other defensive warframe.

No, that's not a challenge. I legitimately want to know what I am apparently missing out on.

This statement right here just proves how other players dont know how to play with limbo.  If you understood the frame, you wouldn't need to ask that question, you would already know.

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2019 at 6:20 AM, The_Stallion said:

When I got Limbo I spent hours and hours playing him, figuring him out. Just because I know how he works doesn't change the fact at all that Limbo players can purposely f*ck up the squad's game.

As others have said, "he's just only useful on a small subset of missions. On the rest he literally exists only to slow teams down and/or troll with.

Honestly the only mission I want Limbo on my team for is Sortie defense, where you have to defend the agent that moves around. For everything else you could want Limbo for, Frost is the better choice".

And, "Hate for limbo based entirely on his ability to force everyone into his playstyle, to play his game. No other frame have such capabilities. No surprise limbo is hated and people could insta-leave when limbo in sight".

Perfectly said