Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any way to scan the guardians of completed junctions?

AlbertCole_

Question

With Helios by my side, my codex started to get more and more complete. Now, I realized that I didn't scan most of the junction guardians back in the day. As there isn't any mission debriefing after revisiting a junction and therefore the progress isn't saved, it seems impossible to add them at this point. Is there any other way to add them to the codex?

4 answers to this question

vor 22 Minuten schrieb -Platinum-:

You can replay them, by just going back to the junction, scan them before you press the button to open the sheild

I gave it a try just now and it worked! It's weird that the scan doesn't get recorded if you scan the guardian after opening the shield. Anyway, thanks for answering!

Edit: Just noticed, that sometimes you have to scan guardians twice to get the scan registered.

Edited by AlbertCole_

Didn't know they were scanable either, so I had no scans whatsoever.  First scanned Rhino spectre from Earth-Venus junction - nothing showed up in the codex.  Then scanned Loki spectre from [Neptune?], and it also didn't show up, but now Rhine showed.  Then went to Mercury junction, and returned without scanning, and Loki from Neptune entered the codex as well.

So I think the codex is a bit buggy here, and that you have to scan another one / visit (another?) junction first before the previous one gets added at all?  But they can be scanned.

Also: you don't have to fight the specters again to scan them - just scan them though the shield, and silently retreat via the back door 🙂  My Helios didn't scan them through the shield, though.

Also found out that by just scanning through the shield, then doing a "Leave junction" from the menu makes the scan go in the codex immediately.

And also found out I now do not have a huge number of "Unidentified" slots in the Codex's Orokin tab anymore - they're all filled now 🙂  Happy camper.

Edited by GrandLompus