Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

open world maps

rhuug

hi all,

i am a returning player from an absence of about 6-7 months and i noticed something today when i tried to run fortuna, the map would stutter continuosly and at time i had proper freezes.

I tried to run the PoE with the same results, i was frustrated beacuase i used to run both smoothly in high-medium settings but nonetheless i tried to set everything as low as i could and was even more bummed noticing it had not imrpooved the situation in neither of the places. how it is now those content are now for me unplayable and i was a hugely fond of those places as they provided different activities compared to the rest of the game.

i am wondering if anyobody has the same problem as me or if this is somehow just a personal issue.

thanks for reading and please forgive my english as i am not a native speaker.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rhuug said:

"we don't talk about this" subject or nobody just cares

Or "nobody knows where's the issue and how to fix"

I, for myself, most of the time have stable 60fps on all maps, incl open world. But sometimes it randomly drops to low 40ish and gets back to 60 without doing anything. If not, even restarting doesn't work.

I wouldn't even know how to tackle this.

No downloads or other things in the background. Happens as Host or Client. It's just too inconsistent

i can play the rest of the game on high settings stably aorund 60fps but not the open maps wich to me is just weird, and i used to play them on slighlty lower settings no prob before.(and yes they run like silk between a stutter and the other but those stutter are like 1 every 1.5/2 seconds)

i also tried shotting down litterally everything that was non-vital to system running and gaming and nothing at all changed, i tried overclocking my gpu and nothing changed so i don't think this is an hardware issue, but i was kinda hoping for it...

seriously no one has an idead on what changed in 6 months?

like, did they update the engine? did they reworked major graphical part of the game? stuff like that...

(p.s. i noticed changing the refresh rate slightly improoves the situation but not enough to make the content viable)

Edited by rhuug

I think it's a known issue that open world maps in Warframe tend to be harsher on lower-performing machines, even those that can run most other tilesets without a problem, which is also why DE raised their minimum spec requirements to play Warframe. Additionally, though, there are likely some bugs as well which can affect even powerful machines, which may be the issue here. I recommend you send a bug report or support ticket with your computer specs and the issue you've experienced, and you should be able to get a more conclusive answer.

i'll try to get it run on the spanking new new tower my friend got built and see if things get any better, meanwhile i have filed a ticket but from past experiences i am not too confident (that time i had account issue though so who knows)

meanwhile thanks for the replies

a little update: i still havn't tested the game on a more powerfull computer but i tried to reinstall it and not trim the extra data  after updating, the stutter is now almost gone somehow, i still have to try it out in a different timeframe and on another machine but so far this was the only step i took that made a noticeable difference

Edited by rhuug