Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 PS4 on same network

(PSN)Xeno-Mortis

Question

Recently I had bought my girlfriend a PlayStation 4 so that she could play along side me. We live together so obviously we are on the same network. However, sometimes we get a message about ports? And occasionally when we were in a PlayStation party, she is kicked from the chat. I’ve done a little bit of research but  I am not the most tech savvy. I have a Verizon G1100 router,  and I’ve read about things like changing the NAT Type  and port forwarding.  To be honest I have no idea what that stuff is and I’ve come to the washroom community to try and get some answers. If anybody could help that would be highly appreciated and please remember I am not very tech savvy  so you may need to explain things a little bit more .

Thank you in advance

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

I can't say a lot about it since your not as tech savvy, but in a way port forwarding is like having a post office box and the mailman putting each envelop in each box according to the number on it.  But having 2 identical devices on the same network is tricky, but with warframe though it is made a little easier because you can change the ports you both use to something different.  But in regards to other services on the playstation you really can only direct it to one or the other unless you get creative.  The only other thing I would suggest is have both ps4 connected using ethernet cables to the internet and that might solve some of the connection issues.

On 2019-01-11 at 12:44 PM, [DE]Glen said:

Settings -> Game -> Network Ports: pick different pair for each PS4 and this might help.

I am also on the PS4 and have the same issue. How do you pick network ports on the PS4? I have gone into the PS4 settings and don't see anything titled "Game"

Edited by (PS4)CptAmused