Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Decoration System 2.0

Redgard

"Hi, if you agree with at least one suggestion in this post, try to comment, share and react, to keep it alive. Otherwise it will just sink in the meanders of the forum. 😞"

Hello everyone,
I take the opportunity of the new dojo decoration event to raise several issues related to the dojo and its decoration system, such as:

• HUD lacks of clarity:
    The HUD is unclear, causing some trouble for player
    • Rotation button lacks of visibility - Suggested by @Fuzums
      The rotation button lacking of visibility, many players don't see it. So some players complain that they cannot define the direction of the elevator. 
    • No visual reference when building certain rooms Suggested by me
      When building a room, we don't have visual references, allowing us to see that the room is being rotated. Adding a icon representing the console in the room render, could fix this problem.
  • Decoration tools lack flexibility
    • Hitbox problem  - suggested by me
      There is a hitbox problem which severely restraints players, such as the unability to overlap decoration and wall, the unability to select overlapping decoration, etc. 
      • Unability to select overlapping decoration  - suggested by me
        When two decorations are overlapped, it can be really difficult to select one of the two decoration. this problem is due to too large hitboxes and a lack of flexibility of the selection tool.
      • Unability to overlap decorations and walls  - suggested by me
        The wall can really restrains the decoration placement because the players aren't allowed to overlap decoration and walls, forcing the player to glitch the game to go outside the room to emancipate himself of those restrictions. Allowing decoration to overlap the walls and allowing the decoration camera to go outside the room would really help.
      • Door preventing decoration placement - suggested by @Morkislair
        Door prevent player to place decoration. It would be nice to let the players make their own choice.
      • Interactive decoration preventing decoration placement - suggested by @Morkislair
        Some interactive decoration prevent player to be able to properly place decoration, making decoration placement more difficult/boring, such as room console, drums, bell, etc.
    • Decoration orientation lock -  suggested by @Morkislair
      Add the ability to lock the objects' orientation. Right now, it's a little bit rough, and really needs to be fine-tuned.
    • Old Room unoptimized  - suggested by @---RV---Maniac and me
      Some old dojo room are really difficult to decorate due to the lack of space, the presence of invisible walls, etc. And glitching to go outside the room doesn't necessarily help for the decoration placement.
      • The lab's have a lot of invisible walls and the unability to overlap decoration and wall, make these rooms really difficult to decoration.
      • The first dojo hall and corridor have some light problem.
      • Some rooms have less decoration capacity than new room (garden, etc.). Rework the decoration capacity for all the room to have a decoration capacity coherent with the size of the room would be nice.
    • Light Switch - Suggested by@(PS4)Hellhound1637
      Allow player to turn on/off light of rooms.
    • Light optimization - Suggested by @Morkislair@(PS4)Deadwood_Lane,@(XB1)ZenithLord 42 and me
      A lot of player complaining about light in the dojo and would like a more flexible system. several problem:
      • Some colors don't work due to the brightness, so being able to adjust the intensity and the saturation, could help.
      • The color set in the dojo is too limited. Having more color could help.
      • Some object are over-/underexposed to the light. Being able to place your own light source could help, but the system would need limitations (max 10 light sources) to avoid FPS drop.
    • Three-dimensional coordinates - suggested by @(XB1)ZenithLord 42
      Add the possibilities to adjust/ set the x, y and z axis coordinates for decorations, allowing finer adjustments. This system was available in the housing system of Wildstar and works pretty well.
    • The ability to finance remotely all the decoration suggested by me
      Having to finance 50 decorations at once take time, so being able to finance all the decoration of the room from the room console would be really great.
    • Decoration Layout - suggested by @Morkislair
      Add the possibility to create decoration layout to copy the arrangement of decorations in a room and apply it to other rooms. those layouts could be sold to other players.
    • Color layoutsuggested by me
      Add the possibility to create color layout to copy and paste it to other rooms
    • Mirroring Decoration Placement - suggested by @(PS4)Deadwood_Lane
      Add a tools to set vectors allowing player to place decoration in mirror.
    • Moveable room console - suggested by @Morkislair
      The room console tend to prevent players from decorating the room as they wish. Being able to move the room console could solve this problem
    • Room color adjustment from the room console - suggested by @COATTOQUALUNQUE
      Some player are sick to have to place a decoration to change the room color. Being able to manage the room color from the room console or the decoration menu could solve this problem.
    • Taller Elevator- suggested by @(PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN
      Some room overlap several stage, preventing the player to place room. Making the elevator taller, would be nice.
    • Placeable Room Spawn Point - suggested by @(PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN
      Allowing the player to place the room spawn point using a invisible decoration (such as the FX decoration) would be nice.
    •  
  • No dojo captura  suggested by me
    You asked us to take picture or video of the dojo, but the captura system is unavailable in the dojo. This could give more interest for the dojo and help the event participant
  • Room
    • The Oracle lack of purpose - suggested by @---RV---Maniac
      The oracle is useless, it only serves to prevent the player from directly accessing the construction of the labs. It would be great to give it a better purpose.
    • Room Skin - suggested by @(PS4)Deadwood_Lane
      All the room have Tenno design which is restraining for the player, who have to be built around it. Having several skin for a same room, would be really great. Using the steam workshop to increase the possibilities, could be an idea. some example:
      • Orokin
      • Grineer
      • Corpus
      • Infested
      • Lua
      • Glass ceiling and windows - Suggested by @(PS4)Hellhound1637
        Giving more opportunity to contemplate the skybox
    • More Room
      • Architect Room suggested by @(XB1)ZenithLord 42
        Add a dojo room able to manage several aspects of the dojo's construction, such as:
        • The ability to rearange remotely the dojo plan/structure suggested by me
          Many dojo look like maze and the only option for players to rearrange their dojo is by destroying the rooms and the decorations inside, forcing them to rebuild everything. Having a tool allowing the player to rearrange the layout of their dojo would be a bless. In addition, having this kind of feature would avoid relaoding the dojo every time we add/remove a room, the loading time taking place at the dojo plan confirmation.
        • The ability to finance remotely all the room suggested by me
          Not being able to finance remotely all the room make it worse, because the players have to run around the dojo, especially in the case of intense construction period.
        • The ability to name/rename room - suggested by @(XB1)ZenithLord 42
          This room would allow players to manage remotely the room name and description.
        • The ability to rename transporter - suggested by @Refticus
          Not being able to rename a transporter force player to destroy-rebuild it, which is really boring. In addition, as the dojo grows, the transporter amount increase, as well as the need to rename them to create a classification.
          This feature could be also included in the architect room to allow player to manage remotely the transporter name.
      • Customable Activity Room - suggested by @---RV---Maniac @Fuzums and me,
        • More option
          • Pet battle
            Being able to make companions fight each other in the dueling room.
          • Several course layout per room
            Add the possibilities to host several course layout per room. It could be done by adding a dual ID system.
        • More room
          • Kdrive course room
          • Archwing course room
      • Kennel - suggested by @Morkislair and me
        It would be nice to have a room dedicated to the pet and preserved animals saved from the Orbis Valley. This room could be a place to exchange mature kubrow and Kavat, but also host them and those abandoned.
      • Aquarium - suggested by @Morkislair
        Having a room on the theme of water, the sea, to expose fish would be nice. It would be a garden or a corridor
        Spoiler

aquarium-2.jpg

laquarium-la-rochelle-est-lun-des-plus-g

• Decorations
    If the number of decorations has increased, it's still not enough and players continue to feel limited. Having more decoration options, such as:
    • Make the platinum price fixed for rushing decoration - Suggested by @---RV---Maniac
      The price for rushing a decoration construction as a clan moon can be between 750 - 1500 plat. If a bigger clans means more people, so more resources, those prices seem still excessive.
    • More text options
      Having more text options in the dojo would be a good QoL progress in the dojo, such as:
      • Text Pannel  - Suggested by @(PS4)Deadwood_Lane@Fuzums and me
        Having a dojo native text panel would be nice in the dojo, because paying platinium just to display basic text in the dojo is a bit too much. some more options would be great, such as:
        • It would be great to be able to synchronize the MOTD (Message Of The Day) with dojo text panels to display the message and give it more visibility.
        • It would be great to be able to broadcast specific information in live, such as research progress, clan goal, etc.
      • Decoration Letter - Suggested by @(PS4)Deadwood_Lane
        In addition, it would be nice to have all the letters of the alphabet as decoration object, giving a second option to display text in the dojo.
    • Aquarium - suggested by @Morkislair and me
      being able to place aquarium to expose fish would be nice. 
    • Articula Statue - Suggested by @(PS4)Deadwood_Lane
      Having articula statue would definitely add more decoration options, allowing the player to create huge composition, scene representation. Being able to change the texture of the articula would be great (default texture, Stone, wood, gold, marble, glass, etc). As well as, to be able to change the size of the articula, to have both huge statues as small ones, such as the loki in the temple or the event statues
      Spoiler

Knife+fight.jpg

• Being able to change the loki statue in the temple - Suggested by @(PS4)Deadwood_Lane
      We have all the same statue, having more customization option for this room would be great.
    • Being able to change the dojo Skybox - Suggested by me
      Some players would like to feel like their dojo is on a planet instead of the space. Being able to change the dojo skybox to see a forest, the sea, etc, instead of a starry sky could help.
    • More texture suggested by me
      Having grass growing on metal doesn't seem very logical. Not having flat texture of water make really difficult to create pound and lake in the dojo. So having more effect, texture, etc, is really expected by the community. Some ideas: flat texture of water, dirt, clods of dirt, etc. 
    • Placeable NPCS - suggested by @(PS4)Hellhound1637
      Being able to place NPCs to populate the dojo would be nice. These NPC's could be interactive, allowing to open HUD of lab, market, etc.
    • The decoration capacity of Floof is too expensive - Suggested by @---RV---Maniac
      The Floof cost 20 decoration capacities, while caged animals, or big resource decor cost 5.
  • Other
    • Clan Mastery rank list is incompleteSuggested by @---RV---Maniac
      The list giving Mastery for Clan rank is incomplete, which can cause trouble for some people when bug occurs. They had to unbuild and rebuild some room of their dojo to receive their clan mastery.

suggestions currently under discussion

• Merging corridor
  • Customable activity room
  • Resource donation tracking system/ Taxation system + passive clan bonus
  • Toggle on/off the room artifact coloration

thank you for reading me.

The gallery of Dojo's pictures https://imgur.com/a/Z2kB1Ux

"What did you think of my suggestions?"

Edited by Redgard
  • Like 3

i also want to bring up the fact that you still cannot rename transporters, even though the suggestion has been brought up multiple times over the years. if you want to rename them, then you gotta deconstruct, rebuild, contribute, and wait 24 hours.

amazing dojo designs btw.

• Like 2

@Refticus Agree! not being able to rename the transporters is a mess. We started to create a transporter classification in our dojo, but because we have to destroy and rebuild all of them, we stop.

I will add your suggestion to the list. If you can help to make the post more visible, it would be really helpful.

Edited by Redgard

Decoration flexibility: indeed, being hindered by the walls is annoying. For overlapping decoration, maybe a selectable list of the overlapping decoration would help getting them selected when their hitbox are conflicting? For the old rooms, I feel like changing their available decorable space would be too much work for DE. Maybe in a future complete overhaul of these rooms?

Structure rearrangement: It would be really cool indeed, but I guess DE is counting on these deconstructions/reconstruction to entice architects to spend platinum to speed up the whole process. So, I suppose they will be inclined to implement such a practical thing if it's behind a platinum price.

Rename a Transporter: Hell yes!

Dojo Captura: absolutely needed and logical within the Captura creative history. Dojo are the environmental sandboxes of the game. They need to be capturable.

I would add that external customization of the ship should be doable by design. An immense majority of players use glitches to do it anyway.

• Like 1

Overlapping decoration: A list toi avoid the overlapping decoration is an idea. But i'm just scared that it could make the interface more cumbersome.

Old room rework: I don't think there's any miracle and the rooms need to be reworked. But yeah it will cost money and time for DE, and it's not their priority.

Dojo Captura: When I see some people spending hours taking pictures of their warframe, I thought the dojo and the decoration system could be a super support for their activity. It's a win-win, they receive a new tools, and the decoration system and dojo gains in interest.

Ship decoration: I didn't talk about the ship decoration because I don't really decorate my ship (it is not part of my field of knowledge). it's because the decoration are expensive and the possibilities are more limited.

Edited by Redgard

I agree, having more decorations and several skins for a same room would be great. But it costs time, money and personnel. DE has to decide between new contents used by all players, such as new weapons and warframes, new missions and maps, and content used by specific player, such as dojo decoration, captura, etc.

An idea to solve this problem could be to ask the community for help by using the steam workshop.

Edit: I added your suggestion

Edited by Redgard

I agree with everything here!

Three additions: 

-How about the ability to set the x, y, and z axis numerically as opposed to the abhorrent amount of fiddling that is required to actually place an object? 

-The ability to toggle on/off the coloration of room artifacts such as the Infested in the Infested Lab. 

-The ability to adjust lighting intensity, some colors absolutely don’t work due to the brightness, even through they are the color that you wish to apply. It’s very annoying because the amount of work required to apply specific colors only to have them not work due to complete over-saturation. 

(I lied here’s a fourth idea.) 

-A map room would be amazing! A room where you are able to place and design the dojo conceptually. It would also serve as a main hub to name teleporters and rooms, globally. 

Edited by (XB1)ZenithLord 42
Cartography
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Redgard said:

I agree, having more decorations and several skins for a same room would be great. But it costs time, money and personnel. DE has to decide between new contents used by all players, such as new weapons and warframes, new missions and maps, and content used by specific player, such as dojo decoration, captura, etc.

An idea to solve this problem could be to ask the community for help by using the steam workshop.

Edit: I added your suggestion

Thx man. 🙂

Also, this is something that I have wanted and think you should be able to add in the dojos. Big articulas made from Loadout so you can add like a big Warframe statue or statues in your dojo, maybe they should be connected from your loadouts so you could customise them... If not possible I would like to see statues of every warframe just like we have those grineer statues in Tenno section of the dojo....
I used a lot of those grineer statues for my old Clan which im no part of anymore, but statues can be impactful for the whole in a hall if you ask me. 🙂

Also Temple so you can choose which warframe to post there, I believe we have Loki there now right?

Edit, also reason for articula is to make a battle scene in the dojo..

Edited by (PS4)Deadwood_Lane

@(XB1)ZenithLord 42

Three-dimensional coordinates: good idea, it would allow a finer adjustment. this system was available in the housing system of Wildstar, and works pretty well. I will add it to the list.

Toggle on/off the room artifact coloration (requires more discussion): Why don't just separate the color set? so you can adjust it separately?

Brightness and saturation adjustment for dojo light(requires more discussion): Could be an idea, but the problem is also that the color set is too limited. having several grey, white, black, green, red, blue, etc, would greatly help and is maybe easier to add to the game.

Architect Room: Agree, I will modify the point "Unability to rearange the dojo structure" to add the idea to integrate the option through a room. I think having a room allowing to work on the plan of the dojo could help to avoid reloading the dojo every time you add/remove a room, to readjust the dojo structure, finance all the room at once, manage teleporter and name the room.

@(PS4)Deadwood_Lane

Giant Articula Statue: I dream about it every night, I will add to the list. It would be also great to be able to select the texture of the statue ( default texture, Stone, wood, gold, marble, glass, etc). Using the articula feature is a good idea, it could help to do stuff like this: 

Spoiler

Knife+fight.jpg

More text option for text panel (requires more discussion):: is it?

Edited by Redgard
  • Like 1

I also have a few suggestions: 
As for the capacity to rearrange rooms: 
-> Steve mentionned long ago the possibility to create blueaprints of a room's decorations that we could apply to any other rooms, that could be tradeable with other people. I for one would like to see that.
-> The possibility to fund all the decorations present in a room at once. Let the option be in a room's console, and fund decorations chronologically.
-> A toggle to lock an object's orientation. Carefully orientating an object for it to do whatever else because a vertex was standing out when we where placing it is not the best experience to have.
->Some improvements on the lights would be nice. As of now, if something is not lit by the standard lights of a  room, it is in the dark, wether or not there are a ton of lights around it, wether or not it has a clear view on anything supposed to emit light. The fact that it goes from normal to pitch black without transitions is kinda weird too. I know this is a performance issue, and I'm not asking for dynamic lighting adjusting to all decorations, but some tweaks around those issues would be nice.
->Also, DE, we're adults (mostly): if we want to block a door or build near it, please, let us.

Also, that comes for new rooms: 

Révélation

We are capturing animals for preservation. Can we have a few havens in our dojos for these creatures? Or for our pets? Or Aquariums?
(and by aquariums, I mean this, as gardens and/or corridors:)

aquarium-2.jpg

As for what has been said, especially on the loki: that's something that has been asked time and time again but never came to fruition. 
But with the presence of articulas in the game, I suppose it should be easier to implement, maybe?
Or at least having the opportunity to switch between the Loki, or the statues present in the relays, perhaps.

Edited by Morkislair
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Redgard said:

More text option for text panel (requires more discussion):: is it?

Imo it should be a dojo tool and not a note beacon bought from plat, reason is I dont want it to be plat but it rather be materials. My suggestion would be to add letters as objects from A to Z andd make fundable with materials just like any other object. What u think? 🙂
Btw you should send this stuff to the DEVS after we finish with ideas, good job man. 🙂

• Like 1

My custom light idea is a better way to add Custom spotlights and custom lighting, there is this new light beacon i guess but it doesnt really give light but rather fake light with foggy yellow color... Maybe with custom lights we could add light to the rooms and halls ourselves, they could maybe set a separate limit to this if it is to resource consuming... Maybe 10 light resources maximum? I know there are 4 big light sources in the big main hall, which are hidden too btw.. and then you have side wall spotlights as default, would be great to be able to move that stuff around a bit, sometimes they are in the way and sometimes it becomes weird shadows in the room, it should be customable imo. 
But hey maybe its just me this. 😄 

Edited by (PS4)Deadwood_Lane
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Morkislair said:

I also have a few suggestions: 
As for the capacity to rearrange rooms: 
-> Steve mentionned long ago the possibility to create blueaprints of a room's decorations that we could apply to any other rooms, that could be tradeable with other people. I for one would like to see that.
-> The possibility to fund all the decorations present in a room at once. Let the option be in a room's console, and fund decorations chronologically.
-> A toggle to lock an object's orientation. Carefully orientating an object for it to do whatever else because a vertex was standing out when we where placing it is not the best experience to have.
->Some improvements on the lights would be nice. As of now, if something is not lit by the standard lights of a  room, it is in the dark, wether or not there are a ton of lights around it, wether or not it has a clear view on anything supposed to emit light. The fact that it goes from normal to pitch black without transitions is kinda weird too. I know this is a performance issue, and I'm not asking for dynamic lighting adjusting to all decorations, but some tweaks around those issues would be nice.
->Also, DE, we're adults (mostly): if we want to block a door or build near it, please, let us.

Also, that comes for new rooms: 

Reveal hidden contents

We are capturing animals for preservation. Can we have a few havens in our dojos for these creatures? Or for our pets? Or Aquariums?
(and by aquariums, I mean this, as gardens and/or corridors:)

aquarium-2.jpg

As for what has been said, especially on the loki: that's something that has been asked time and time again but never came to fruition. 
But with the presence of articulas in the game, I suppose it should be easier to implement, maybe?
Or at least having the opportunity to switch between the Loki, or the statues present in the relays, perhaps.

Good ideas man. 🙂

• Like 1

@Morkislair
Room decoration layout: I'm not very interested, but it's a good idea. I will add it to the list

The ability to finance remotely all the decoration : it's already in the list

A orientation lock for decoration: good idea. I will add it to the list

Improve the light diffusion: I will add it to the list.

Door preventing player to place decoration: Isn't it a hitbox problem?

New Room: there were this kind of project but we don't have any news since a while.
A long time ago, I though about adding Kennel in the dojo, allowing to place and exchange our kubrow instead of abandonning them.
I will add it to the list.

The loki statue: When the room has been released, the project was to make the statue replaceable. But we don't have any news since 

@(PS4)Deadwood_Lane

Text panel: I agree, but i think the best would be to add the two options in the dojo. Your suggestion could cost a lot of capacity, so having also a text panel would be great.

Sending the post to the Dev: already done it before, but they ask to post suggestions on the forum and to cross your finger to be read by them. I made a lot of suggestion list by the past, but most of them just sink deep down in the forum. One of them was idea of a system of list with sorting system, up/downvote system and dual feed, to improve the suggestion system to avoid those problems.. what a irony*...

Custom light: It's really important to be careful with light source in game. A lot of player don't have good computer to play the game and the open map release has already been a huge blow for them. Dynamic light is really a cool stuff to create great effect, but it's power hungry. And the Ray Tracing Technology still needs to become more widespread. 

I'm tired today, so I will add your suggestions to the list tomorrow

Edited by Redgard

1 hour ago, Redgard said:

Sending the post to the Dev: already done it before, but they ask to post suggestions on the forum and to cross your finger to be read by them. I made a lot of suggestion list by the past, but most of them just sink deep down in the forum. One of them was idea of a system of list with sorting system, up/downvote system and dual feed, to improve the suggestion system to avoid those problems.. what a irony*...

Yea man that is why I have given up on giving advice mostly, my Warframe 2 thread was probably my last.

I was told a bit more than a year ago when I started to play this game what a close community it was and how close the devs were working with said community, I don't really see i though which is a damn shame, it almost feels like giving new ideas and tips to a brickwall of old fans who can't even start to see beyond warframe and thus everything gets buried in the forums, to me it feels like nothing in here gets passed by moderators to a dev.
Well maybe things were different in 2012...

This game could be so much better than it is imo and imo it needs a warframe 2 to start over, make it more graphically pleasing and add a true endgame devoted for veterans. Everything just seems like temporary fixes and forced grind so you can make money... 😞

• Like 1

Most of the old player feel the same way (talking to a brickwall*). this is why i stopped, but the new event decided me to try again. This time i'm trying a new way to gain more visibility

Making money is not the problem, it is there as a means of subsistence. People and companies both aim to survive. it's more of a thinking problem in my opinion. A lot of people become game developers to create games but without asking themselves how to properly create great games and trying to develop strategies for success. So in the end, they develop games but without really developing any expertise, and are like blind people.

There are people who studied the video games, analyze why some succeed and others not, what are the different gamedesign elements and their interaction, etc. There are a lot of game developers like that in the indie game community, because it allows them to experiment and compare their models more quickly with reality.

Finally, very few people are aware of information management, so how to build an information network, how to qualify and classify information, the difference between a qualitative and quantitative survey, etc. Which doesn't help to take the right decision.

Main post edited

Edited by Redgard

Redgard, U know man I have probably used half of the time i spent in game in the dojo, some dedicated members usually came by and wondered, "what, are you still in the dojo?" 🙂
Btw man Im adding more beneath and if you dont like some of it or nothing of it dont add it. 🙂

Anyway, I think some sort of more ranks to resources donated to the dojo would be good, maybe something like in terms Warlord of the 2nd degree and maybe up to 5 degrees on every title and once you have hit that 5th degree in said rank a Warlord could easily promote someone. We need better tools to be able to follow when someone made donations to the dojo. I had 100 member in my old clan which i was founder in and it was hard to see when someone made any new donations. Reason is it can be hard to get members to donate, I was able to do it when i made activities out of it.

Ascension Altar should be made use of more. Lets say you have an event and wanna give members be it credit, endo or plat I would wanna be able to do that through the ascension altar.

Also MOTD should be able to keep as for unlimited days, otherwise I would like to able to add a Message of the week instead. I had to constantly manage MOTD which is frustrating (maybe i did it wrong though? lol )... Well now that i think about it maybe they should just add a Message of the week, it could certainly come in handy.

Also they should probably add 20 ranks in the clans, most clans adds members when they have been running for a while and thus maybe they are rank 8 already when adding members. The rank up are important sessions and makes members feel that they are part of something bigger, I made big events of it and we a lot of members just standing around trying to gather the required limit of members to participate. I ususally skipped to give my members the endo instead. 🙂

Duel room is outdated imo, they should add some kind of arena instead where you can make battles and choose the form, maybe only melee, primary and secondary or all above and similar and also where you can add more players to the arena and all this within the dojo. A custom battle arena just like the custom obstacle course perhaps, you build it and make some stuff custom and then you can make it a pvp or coop session and also with the possibility to add enemies and chose from grineer, corpus, infested or yea.. this would be awesome imo.

These are good, I wish he had more room capacity for décor or at least that the FX and Personal decorations didn't cost 25 each.

Also, I would like to see more Earthly décor like woodlands/trees, grassy hills, larger ponds/bodies of water, rivers. Perhaps we could get some infested décor as well.