Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Decoration System 2.0

Redgard

@(PS4)Deadwood_Lane 
So you wan to continue this discussion? If so, why don't you start by first answering on my last position about it?

On 2019-01-16 at 6:43 PM, Redgard said:

Taxation system: that's why I propose a passive bonus system to compensate (> +2% - 1% = +1%). then it's the warlord's job to intelligently set his tax level to find a compromise.

the clan's function is to bring players to play together and help each other. A person who is only there to take without giving of himself, I don't call him a member of the clan. After that, as usual, there will be plenty of clan types, ranging from factory clans to family clans.

The current true main problem is the absence of a clan list, such as a list with a search engine and a sorting system. As admin of community support, have got many complains about the difficulty to find a good clan. DE should add this clan list system, make some tweaks to valorize old, stable and active clans and add features to push people to play together.

Edited by Redgard

A clan list would be cool. Then if your clan was open for new players it would show up, and they can get a hold of the recruiter. Maybe a trading status that allows people to come to you, Instead of waiting in chat.

I hope De at least recognizes that the dojos need some fixing. With some fixes though it could be an awesome fixture of this weird, crazy cool game.

Going around checking out what people are selling, and at what price. You might want to put up a tax then, if you have a few merchants setup.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Up!
Because as I was scanning lore items in Fortuna, I got a room idea for the dojo: a library.
Whatever the theme of the room (ancient, modern, techy, tenno, whatever), this room would have kiosks or pedestals/"library shrines" that would fill themselves.
When you start out the game, to you, it's a kinda empty room in the dojo. But when you scan your first cephalon fragment (which is the most likely as it is a thing you have to do for the martian junction to Phobos or ceres or whatever, but in early-game), boom: a cephalon fragment appears on the associated pedestal. The player can see what he has done, like in the codex. Same would go for the Kuria, the Thousand Year Fishes, the Encrypted Journals, The memories in Orb Vallis, and any other newer thing of the Like DE will add as time passes. 

It may seem redundant with the codex, but the purpose it serves is saying to people "Hey, deep in the codex, there is this thing" It would also shows to every player how many types of these hidden lore things there are. They wouldn't have to tell players where or what they are, but warn them that "hey, this thing exists". It would encourage curiosity, lors seeking and exploration for the people who are into this kinda thing.
I also regularly meet people who have scanned a few kurias but have no idea what they were or where they can be read. That would help.
Each pedestal/kiosk/whatever can also become a little more shiny when it's completed.

And also, a NPC idea for the dojo: a dojo cephalon; he would keep us updated about alerts while we're in there, about research that needs funding, and more general dojo stuff.

• 2 weeks later...