Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console VS PC Cosmetics

(XBOX)MedsDontWork

OK so I am a little miffed by the fact that there are a lot of ship skins, warframe skins, weapons cosmetics, and operator cosmetics on pc that the console does not have. Is there any specific reason for this? Or is it just that pc gets the "special treatment" as usual lol?

Also, why does stuff on pc cost actual money when I can buy some of the same things (if they exist on console) with platinum?

And there are certain skins and cosmetics that are only available on consoles and not PC, like the Jade skins for XB1 players and Obsidian skins for PS4 players. 

Also, the cosmetics that cost real money on PC are Tennogen skins--they are skins and cosmetics made by players, and when a user buys one, a portion of the cost goes to the person who made it (basically there are Warframe players who are making actual money through making Warframe cosmetics). As there is no "Steam Community Market" on consoles, Tennogen skins that are brought to consoles are allowed to be bought with platinum by console players (PC players do not have the option to purchase these skins with platinum, only real money).

• Like 4

When I say that pc is getting cosmetics console doesnt, im not talking about the jade bundle. That is the only thing console has that pc doesnt. There are at least 2 dozen items on pc that is not available on console. I dont really see a reason why DE cant put it on console as well and just give the players who made it the plat spent on it. DE gets the money spent on plat and the creator gets the plat. Or just make it that when a player buys something made by another player they will calculate how much money technically wouldve been spent on it and then give that to the player. 

12 hours ago, (XB1)CowardIyDaubeny said:

"special treatment" as usual

That's really something weird to hear from users of consoles.

6 hours ago, (XB1)CowardIyDaubeny said:

When I say that pc is getting cosmetics console doesnt, im not talking about the jade bundle. That is the only thing console has that pc doesnt. There are at least 2 dozen items on pc that is not available on console. I dont really see a reason why DE cant put it on console as well and just give the players who made it the plat spent on it. DE gets the money spent on plat and the creator gets the plat. Or just make it that when a player buys something made by another player they will calculate how much money technically wouldve been spent on it and then give that to the player. 

It's not about DE and Microsoft relationship, its about Valve/Steam and Microsoft relationship, DE has no rights on skins made in Steam Workshop. It's not a special treatment, it's just the freedom of content that bring PC.