Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beta Analysis Regarding Gears

NakiCoTony

Greetings,

This will be a looooong post so equip a sentinel to watch your back while you read it. :)

It's been a long time since I last posted, a lot has changed. I got almost all the warframes //still not experienced all the contents due to my work ( IT ) but i think i can give a few ideas

The game gets better with every update, but there are few issues that in my opinion should be changed or were not implemented this way in the first place. I will try to give a detailed analysis, describe my opinion and try to draw up some solutions. Have to note here ! that these are just my ideas!  Sadly I have no player data to mine real / actual information to back up my analysis with it, only community's any my own experience and observation.

I have checked DE's website from open career slots ( hmm :P ) and notes regarding other ideas...

These usually show which way the company wants to move, and focus more. :)
// I know that the design council would be the place to post these, sadly I cannot afford it no matter how much i'd like that. :)

I am interested in both the community and the Dev-s response regarding my post.
// I have a few more creative ideas regarding future content, etc... but first let's se the reaction to this one.

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features that should be worked on :
 - Gears and Advancement ( Prime )

- Stats on Cosmetics

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gears: 

Prime gears
I have found it really strange, that these advanced versions of the core gears are standalone items instead of an upgrade. I would suggest a rework regarding these. For a Prime, a player should have the original core gear maxed out ( lvl 30) //no formas etc are required. For example Dual Vastos require two Vastos... not maxed but... // should be maxed.  Prime gears should have increased XP requirements (2-3 times)

Requirements for Crafting a Prime
 - At least two Gear // due to the fact, that the one, which will be "Primed" will be unavailable during craft time.
 - Max level of the Core Gear
 - All the Prime Blueprints/Materials
// Any formas used on the gear should be returned

Pros : 

- Will not render useless the core gears

- Increase the value of Prime gears

- Increase playtime / challenge

- More credits / materials used

Cons :

- Revert could cause some discomfort // increased xp/credit week / plat / forma compensation.

- Less inventory slots used

- Probably support tickets regarding restoration of warframes. // if this gets implemented DE should notify the players in due time so they can grab primes easy

Advancement:

Okay, and now a little radical suggestion regarding this.

What if a maxed Prime gear could be sold for a smal ammount of platinum?

Pros :

- This way we would add an option to low economy (f2p) players to enjoy more of the game content

- Possibly more active players //not sure

- Will have to implement more primes

Con :

- Probably have to redesign drop rates

- increase difficulty of blueprints obtain

- Will have to implement more primes

- A possibility of loss on Platinum sales income //very low in my opinion

Stats on Cosmetics
This feature in it's current state gives me shivers.
Status effects on cosmetics are always a bad idea. This rule applies in all genres in all games.
Sadly this was a bad way to advance, but nothing is lost.

We can turn this into our advantage.

Since you guys are adding more and more cosmetic items I think we, sorry You have the opportunity to fix a few gameplay issues with it. One issue is: that this way players could not fully enjoy the fruit of the artwork / design team's hard work, and the other one is the huge buildup of unused credits and resources. // I see that you took a step this way, trying to fix it with the mod crafting, let's take another!

Let's have stats on cosmetics, but with craft and RNG.

Implement a feature that allows players to research stats on cosmetics. For a chunk of credits (&resources) players could risk an Orokin Enhancement on their specified gears, that could yield unknown outcomes. Positive and negative. At the end of each research you can choose to keep the current or overwrite it with the results of the research.

Pros :

- Players could use the cosmetics they like.

- Better economy // Less stacked up credits
- Do it with plat // not sure about this one

Cons :
- Rework of stats // more work
- More RNG  // may the luck be with you

- Min-maxer players won't use the ugly ones anymore // no one will

Thank you for your time.
And please, feel free to share your ideas / feelings regarding this. :)

Edited by NakiCoTony

Your gear suggestion is one that has been discussed often, although not in the same capacity.  The reason dual pistols require two is because you are literally just using two of them.  A prime is completely different.  I agree that they should just be upgraded into from the unprimed version of the weapon, with any forma/potato transfered into the prime, but what you're (I think) suggesting is that we have to have an xp requirement in order to upgrade those weapons into a primed version.  I'd be fine with this if it didn't exceede level 30.

Selling primes for platt is...not something I want to get into.  I think it shouldn't happen, but that's all I'll say on that issue.

Stats on cosmetics have been basically confirmed to no longer exist in any future releases.  DE understands that sometimes people want to use a skin for it's asthetic value, but do not like the stats attributed to that skin, or like the stats of another more.  They're thinking of ways to address this problem, if they want to at all.  For the moment, though, you can count on no future cosmetic items having stats on them.

Thank you for your feedback. I am aware of these discussions. :)

The basic idea behind this Prime gear progression would be to not render the original gear just an "easier to obtain" version of the Prime, but a core element. The nonprime version would still have the current xp table, but I would increase the required xp per level for the Prime, so that it takes more time to level to 30.

As for the platinum gain ( ~50plat / month )... yeah no comment from my side either.

What do you think of the enhancement options on skins?

Edited by NakiCoTony

As far as cosmetic items go I do see why DE has did what they did, and I would not disagree with any decision they make regarding keeping or doing away with stats. I can see arguments for both sides. That being said, I would be very sad to part with my fast rhino. If it were up to me, I would have done things a little differently.

I would have made the helmets with either no stats, no negative stats, or optional stats. As far as cosmetic items go, I really don't want to wear an item I think is ugly just because it's too good not to wear. In the same vein, I wouldn't want to not wear a good item busy because I hate how it looks. My ideal suggestion would be that the stats are associated as an additional bonus to making a skin that can be equipped independently of the skin.

For example; I really like the Loki essence helm's stats, but I @(*()$ hate how it looks. With my suggestion, once you would be able to use the good stats without using the ugly helmet.

If they do not implement my system I'd prefer that future cosmetics have no stats (which is what they plan on doing).

My ideal suggestion would be that the stats are associated as an additional bonus to making a skin that can be equipped independently of the skin.

For example; I really like the Loki essence helm's stats, but I @(*()$ hate how it looks. With my suggestion, once you would be able to use the good stats without using the ugly helmet.

If they do not implement my system I'd prefer that future cosmetics have no stats (which is what they plan on doing).

Can't argue regarding the Loki helmet. :)

My suggestion gives you an empty helmet without stats, and late game you could try and achieve positive stats that you want with the RNG research system. At the end of each research you can choose to keep the current stats or overwrite it with the results of the research.

Edited by NakiCoTony

Can't argue regarding the Loki helmet. :)

My suggestion gives you an empty helmet without stats, and late game you could try and achieve positive stats that you want with the RNG research system. At the end of each research you can choose to keep the current stats or overwrite it with the results of the research.

Doesn't allow for you to have more than one set, though. I made both volt hemls because they're for very different things.

Doesn't allow for you to have more than one set, though. I made both volt hemls because they're for very different things.

Why? You can make another of the same helmet, if you want. Than gain different stats on it via enhance.

I really hope they take these reworks under consideration. // the Primes and Cosmetic Stats

I'll be honest, after reading that last pay I quoted, I have even less of an idea of what you're suggesting.

Crafting statless, then crafting stats to apply?

Hmm, sorry about that. Let me describe it.

- You craft a Vanity Helmet without stats / or random generated stats.

So you get the lovely Storm Volt Helmet with a random stat like +5% fire damage -10% armor.  // or without stats

// well ofc we don't like these stats, but we have the option to change it. you can take this helmet and "upgrade" it, change the stats on it.

- You select it from the inventory and pick the "Orokin Enhancement" option. For a fair price you can roll the dice and gain different stats.

- You pay x.000 credits and it gives you -5% Power Strength, +5% Energy.

Here it pops a question would you like to keep the old stats, or confirm and change them to this, or research again for another x.000 credits?

- You pick research and get. +5% Power Range, +7% Power Strength.

Than you click Confirm & change the stats, and walk away with a helmet that you like with stats that you like.

This way, end game, the players would have a use for their credits.

Edited by NakiCoTony

Randomly generated stats add more grind to the game. Getting the blueprint would be a chore in and of itself if they were to remain alert rewards, crafting it and hoping you get stats you want just make it more of a headache. 

Makes more sense to me to split helmets and stat changes into different entities.
Cosmetic helmets remain a thing, and implement a system of interchangeable "Systems" to keep the stat options in place.
Existing crafted/bought helmets will remain, with users receiving the related Systems automatically.
Existing blueprints will yield both the Systems and Helmet, while future helmet blueprints will only craft the helmet.

Randomly generated stats add more grind to the game. Getting the blueprint would be a chore in and of itself if they were to remain alert rewards, crafting it and hoping you get stats you want just make it more of a headache.

No no no you did not get it.

After you crafted the cosmetic helm from blueprint, you can "enhance it" to change the stats on it for credits, nothing else.

Hmm, sorry about that. Let me describe it.

- You craft a Vanity Helmet without stats / or random generated stats.

So you get the lovely Storm Volt Helmet with a random stat like +5% fire damage -10% armor.  // or without stats

// well ofc we don't like these stats, but we have the option to change it. you can take this helmet and "upgrade" it, change the stats on it.

- You select it from the inventory and pick the "Orokin Enhancement" option. For a fair price you can roll the dice and gain different stats.

Here it pops a question would you like to keep the old stats, or confirm and change them to this, or research again for another x.000 credits?

- You pick research and get. +5% Power Range, +7% Power Strength.

Than you click Confirm & change the stats, and walk away with a helmet that you like with stats that you like.

This way, end game, the players would have a use for their credits.

While I did miss that, it still is a big grind considering how many credits it would cost. As well as having to balance what bonuses and at what strengths to put them at. Likely the higher bonuses will be weighed differently than the lower ones, so the amount of rolls it would take for better stats would be high. Still too much RNG for my tastes regardless.

Other than that its neat, unless there's more than just those base two stats, then it gets messy.

Edited by Phaedroth

Of course the potential problem arises where you have people who bought the helmet with platinum previously, and the stats from this system surpassing those base stats.

If that's how its done. 
And then if that's not a possible outcome(Higher stats), you have complaints like: "Why remove the old static stats and give us an RNG?"

Not an issue if its only for future helmets not currently in game of course.

(The idea with a max% boost and min%reduction is still great.)

Edited by Phaedroth

I really hope that the "old helmets" will loose their stat-s too.  // I have a few too, and i won't mind

This way we would have a little hard endgame.

Plus the Prime change would give more sense to the game progression.

:)

Edited by NakiCoTony

Some people might like the look of the Normal more than the prime, plus may have forma'd them. So that would add some conflicts. As the Primes, according to lore, are the Original Orokin build of the Warframe, it does not make much sense to me that it would require a frame that was built using the original as base to create.