Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Titania worth scanning plants

(XBOX)Pugs Xbox

Question

16 answers to this question

Yes, in that you'll need the MR eventually even if you don't enjoy playing her, and there are a bunch of valuable modules that drop on her quest (like Growing Power) that you're going to want too.

I love Titania, she's high DPS and great fun, but also somewhat buggy and going through a bit of a rework at the moment.

She can basically cheat certain content, like the Plague Star boss and some Lua puzzles, so she's a useful frame even if you don't end up using her regularly.

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch

Titania can be and is fun if you have her properly built mod-wise. She can easily take on group of enemies while 4th ability (Razorwing) is active, even Sortie can be piece of cake for her cause she's good damage dealer (slash just rules after all). And when you truly need to divert enemies attention, 3rd ability (Lantern) is pretty neat too, certainly makes things easier, especially as level of enemy mobs increases. Not sure about 2nd ability (Tribute), buffs are not bad but they feel lacking and are heavily depandable on your knowledge of enemies when you decide to cast it. As for 1st ability (Spellbind) could be great CC, however it's range is quite low, still can be a skin saver if you're surrounded (happens with Infested mostly, but rarely even others).

To make it short, Titania is great damage dealer and can be pretty supportive with CC when needed, however she's not able to take on much damage (her armor is meh). Best bet you have is to mod her on Razorwing usage and remember to reset the ability when you lose all Razorflies (there's 6 of them each time you activate), enemy prioritizes them over you so they act as decoy and can be deadly too, but become useless on higher levels.

She's fun to play, never got bored of her and that think means something.

Edited by CoreXCZ

Titania has something unique going for her:  flight.  Not Zephyr flying into the wall.  But rather being able to zoom through a hallway, at head height and with a little side-strafe and clear it.  Think a flying Mesa able to reach legitimate minigun rates of fire and dump several million worth of damage in a particular direction (plus able to mod punchthrough to shoot through doors and more heads)*.

This video sold me:

*player skill required, may require some forma to max her out.  NOT a frame if you're lazy and just want to point in a general direction and let the mechanics do all the work.  Also needs a highly specialized build to be able to survive Profit Taker (which imo ruins her gameplay).

Now that Lantern got fixed, she's one of the best frames you can use for Interception too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhimsicalPacifist said:

Titania has something unique going for her:  flight.  Not Zephyr flying into the wall.  But rather being able to zoom through a hallway, at head height and with a little side-strafe and clear it.  Think a flying Mesa able to reach legitimate minigun rates of fire and dump several million worth of damage in a particular direction (plus able to mod punchthrough to shoot through doors and more heads)*.

This video sold me:

*player skill required, may require some forma to max her out.  NOT a frame if you're lazy and just want to point in a general direction and let the mechanics do all the work.  Also needs a highly specialized build to be able to survive Profit Taker (which imo ruins her gameplay).

Now that Lantern got fixed, she's one of the best frames you can use for Interception too!

not sure how well this works since it uses pistol mods now

Frail Momentum, for pistols that's Anemic Agility.

Accelerated Blast, for pistols that's probably Lethal Torrent even though multishot isn't the same as puncture.

Shotgun Spazz, we got Gunslinger though Shotgun Spazz is better, 90% compared to 72%. Meh.

Vigilante Ferver... I don't think we have a set mod equivalent.

Arcane Tempo, for pistols we have Arcane Velocity, which is actually better at 80% fire rate compared to Tempo's 60%. We can have two of these.

So that's... let's see... 90% + 60% + 72% + 80*2% = 382% fire rate.

At 269 power strength, each Razorwing Blitz proc gives... 25% * 2.69 = 67.25 faster movement and firing speed, for a total of 269 faster movement and firing speed when at 4 stacks.

382% fire rate * 2.69 from Razorwing Blitz = 1027.58% fire rate.

Compare to shotguns:

90% + 60% + 90% + 45% + 60*2% = 405%.

405% * 2.69 = 1089.45% fire rate.

So fire rate wise, the shotgun build is better, though I can't really consider the shotgun build vaster superior. Also, we're not even looking at damage mods.

Um... someone please check my math. I think I did it right. Zanagoth did put 1088% fire rate with the shotgun build, I got 1089%.

Oh, right. TC's question. Do you like archwing? Titania's Razorwing is pretty much archwing on normal missions. If you do not like archwing, you probably will have a rough time with Titania. Probably.

Edited by Fazel412

Just now, Makunogo said:

not sure how well this works since it uses pistol mods now

It's even more glorious (once you get the Primed Mods😐).  Pax Bolt even gave it a boost and the Primed Crit mods/multishot mods make up for the the shotgun/Vigilante mods (punchthrough/reload/crit upgrade).  Solo I'm sitting at about 363% (before Nidus Specter brings it to 465%) on my top end build (105% Eff, 194% Dur).  If I go all in on STR mods it will hit 442% and the Nidus specter brings it to 566% STR (only brought out for specific bosses and hilarious Plague Star runs).

For normal gameplay you don't need that much STR but Blitz will still provide a massive boost even with an Overextended (for massive Lanterns).  Realistically, without Arcane Energizes, your max sustainable build for Blitz will sit around 260% to 300% if you use all the snapshots (Energy Conversion, Growing Power, Pax Bolt) which will easily drop a Sortie 3 assassination or any random dropship.

• Like 1