Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk's Desert Storm Feedback, and What Changes I Believe It Needs.

sappinmahsentry

8 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

• Lull benefits more from duration, due to its linger & line-of-sight mechanics (plus, 25m @ 100% is good enough).
  • Range increases the upkeep requirements of Desolate Hands for its DR. This wouldn't be an issue if their disarm capabilities were competitive with the DR.
  • Ability Range doesn't do anything for Serene Storm.

Too many people hung up on a 360° Elude build, imo.

You don't need to get hung up on a 360° elude build to see where the problem comes. If you're building for his fourth ability (and want it to be actually powerful, duh), you'll need transient fortitude, blind rage and intensify. Now you'll need adaptation and vitality to keep yourself alive. Now you need flow for energy and that leaves you with only two spaces. Even if you take out adaptation, you're still gonna need to slot something to offset the efficiency. So either take a gigantic hit on duration or range instead. Your choice.

You could say to not build for his fourth ability, but at that point you're now just playing as a warframe with two good abilities.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

5 minutes ago, sappinmahsentry said:

Lull does not benefit from more duration. Its lingering effect means that you will sleep less crowds, less often.

You don't need to get hung up on a 360° elude build to see where the problem comes. If you're building for his fourth ability (and want it to be actually powerful, duh), you'll need transient fortitude, blind rage and intensify. Now you'll need adaptation and vitality to keep yourself alive. Now you need flow for energy and that leaves you with only two spaces. Even if you take out adaptation, you're still gonna need to slot something to offset the efficiency. So either spam energy pizzas or take a gigantic to duration.

"Lull benefits more from duration, [than it does from range.]" 

not

" Lull benefits from more duration, [period.]"

Most of the content we face has large chunks of confined spaces, and choke points. A lingering Lull can be quite effective at controlling areas, especially at higher levels. You don't need massive amounts of duration to do this. Too much would limit your ability to react to where new enemies are coming from, and too little would reduce the effectiveness of its literal stopping power.

The "power" of abilities like his 4 are somewhat subjective. I find it functions exactly how I expected it to function, based on the stats and mechanics it currently possesses. His 4 crowd kills all the fodder perfectly fine into the mid-high 100s, with the 210% strength build I utilize. I certainly won't say no to adjustments on its ability to scale, though.

2 hours ago, VencirGan said:

Huh. I haven't really messed with Baruuk, but I thought his slide attack killed high level enemies fairly well. I might be wrong but I could've sworn I saw a video of it killing things.

It really seems like the community either hates him or thinks hes okay. Its really polarizing lol.

His slide attack does deal stupid amounts of damage, but an exalted melee shouldn’t be limited to only be effective when using a slide attack.

its just a glorified leaf blower.

1 hour ago, MasterBurik said:

not

Most of the content we face has large chunks of confined spaces, and choke points. A lingering Lull can be quite effective at controlling areas, especially at higher levels. You don't need massive amounts of duration to do this. Too much would limit your ability to react to where new enemies are coming from, and too little would reduce the effectiveness of its literal stopping power.

The "power" of abilities like his 4 are somewhat subjective. I find it functions exactly how I expected it to function, based on the stats and mechanics it currently possesses. His 4 crowd kills all the fodder perfectly fine into the mid-high 100s, with the 210% strength build I utilize. I certainly won't say no to adjustments on its ability to scale, though.

Yeaah what I said was kinda dumb, as it can benefit both ways. Still, glad you agree on making it scale.

22 hours ago, Xaxma said:

I wish I could give feedback, but DE gated your ability to get him behind Fortuna rep and then Vox rep because you can't get one without the other for some reason now. 

Even though you can farm the Quills and Cetus rep separately. Why did we step back? 

You're stepping offtopic but I'll answer your "issue".

The reason why you need max SU rep to start hunting orbs is to stop players, that just come to fortuna for the first time, from joining the heists right away. A big issue in Cetus is players completely unprepared (some even without War Within done) joining tridolon hunts and being dead weight. Cry as you may but this is a damn simple fix that will, at the very least, lower the amount of completely inexperienced players joining "high level content".

23 hours ago, MasterBurik said:

not

I actually run with very little duration for my "general" build. I suppose if I wanted to be more CC oriented a longer duration would be good, but I focus mostly on range and ability strength. I do tend to spam lull, which isn't too bad because of his large energy pool, and therefore it becomes more of a brief respite than a hard CC. Honestly, things die so fast (group or solo) that the 3 second sleep duration is plenty. The slow/sleep affect is handy, but it primarily serves as a restraint drain.

In the game modes I enjoy, I think a low duration on lull is actually better (survival, defense, exterminate) because you don't want enemies standing around, you want them coming toward you. However, I do think a high duration could be useful in other modes, like mobile defense or spy, where putting them to sleep for a long time is just as good as killing them.

I have no issues with his 4. It does what I want it to do. Obviously I wouldn't complain if his status chance got buffed so I could more reliably strip armor, but I don't feel like the ability is trash like some others here seem to.