(XB1)The Last Random

Circuiteer Vauban Rework Idea

Vauban is in a bad place, we know this, he needs a little love this year to make him relevant and playable in the current game. So I do this out of love.
I came up with this idea with the goal of making Vauban effective, sustainable and scalable in order to take on missions with endless modes and missions where you have to defend a particular point.

A bit of context if you wish:

Spoiler

I remember when I finally managed to complete the Alert Mission to get the last piece for Vauban, I happily slid over to my manufacturer and started the process to get him made, three days later I was excited to jump into this awesome "Tactical" warframe, using traps to ensnare and take down my enemies.

At first I took him to Coba, threw down a couple of Teslas, they killed off the first wave pretty easily, I thought to myself, "Hey, that's pretty cool, quite useful," until they became useless at about wave 10 and I was killing more things with my level one Atomos. Strange, they do roughly the same thing only the gun does it a lot better. I ended the mission and proceeded to play for a few hours, got him to level 25, put him down, and have yet to play him properly again.

I thought to myself, "Well, he is underwhelming," His first ability seemed like it could be useful but doesn't scale to account for growing enemy strength, I couldn't figure out how to use his second ability, so I didn't. I used Vortex, wait, doesn't Nidus already do something like this? And then Bastille, okay, Bastille was alright, but Limbo kinda does it better.

But it got me thinking, Vauban is an engineer, his abilities are meant to reflect that, both Vortex and Bastille have nothing to do with traps and engineering, however, the whole premise of engineering is to take what already exists and make something different with it to suit your purpose. Poor Vauban can't even do that properly, guess he missed some classes?

So I came up with my own rework idea to make him a bit more of an engineer/trapper!

Now onto the Rework:

Health: 100 (300 at 30)

Shields: 100 (250 at 30)

Armour: 50

Energy: 150 (250 at 30)

Passive:
Power Management Unit:

When in range of traps will receive energy from killed enemies and armour for amount of traps connected to circuit (+10% per trap)

First Ability:
Tesla Module:

Throw a Tesla Module that connects to enemies and other traps within range in order to power a circuit, enemies connected increase the power of traps and take constant damage.

Energy Cost: 25.

Spoiler

Strength:
Damage/effect procs every second. Damage + 15% of each connected enemies max Health.

50 / 100 / 150 / 200 (Arc Damage)
When thrown on/attached to enemy directly the Tesla Module will instead use +25% of that enemies max health for its entire duration but for each consecutive enemy connected will only take 15%. Damage + 25% attached enemies max health.
15% / 25% connected enemies max health also gets added to connected traps as damage.

Duration:
10 / 15 / 20 / 25 s

Range:
4 / 6 / 8 / 10 m
1m falloff per enemy connected (Enemy Connection only)

Misc:
Can have 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Tesla Modules active at once.
Tesla Module can connect to traps and enemies. 
Tesla Module can connect to 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 traps within range (Module to Traps within range Connection) (Trap Connection is similar to how a shield Osprey works.)
Tesla Module can connect to 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 enemies within range (Module to Enemy to enemy to etc. Connection) (Enemy Connection works like Atomos with range being around connected enemy.

If the enemy dies it longer counts towards total damage.

Second Ability:
Trap Module:

Place a Trap Module on either the floor, wall, or roof to make the corresponding trap. Gets stronger when connected to a Tesla Module.

Energy Cost: 50.

Spoiler

Floor Trap:
Places an area of effect trap on the ground that does Electricity damage every second.

Spoiler

Strength:
25 / 50 / 75 / 100 + 15% / 25% of each connected enemies max health when connected to Tesla Module (Electricity Damage)

Range:
1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 m

Wall Trap:
Places a Laser Beam on the wall that does Heat damage every second to enemies who walk into laser line.

Spoiler

Strength:
15 / 30 / 60 / 120  15% / 25% of each connected enemies max health when connected to Tesla Module (Heat Damage)

Range:
5 / 10 / 15 / 20 m

Misc:
2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Punch Through.

Roof Trap:
Places a Ice Shower Module on the Roof that does Cold damage every second and slows enemies by 25%

Spoiler

Strength:
20 / 30 / 40 / 50 + 15% / 25% of each connected enemies max health when connected to Tesla Module (Cold Damage)

Range:
1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 m Length/Width. 
5 / 7.5 / 10 / 15 m Height.

Misc:
Slows enemy movement and fire rate by 25% for 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 s

Duration:
15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s

Misc:
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 Traps to place.
Traps can have multiple Tesla Modules Connected at once.

Third Ability:
Vortex Module:

Place a Vortex Module that pulls enemies and bullets towards it.

Energy Cost: 75

Spoiler

Duration:
10 / 12 / 14 / 16 s

Range:
 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 m

Misc:
While Connected to Tesla Module, Vortex Module will act like a conduit for the attacks from Tesla Module at the range of Tesla Module.
Range will increase by 10% for each Consecutive Tesla Modules Connected.

Fourth Ability:
Overcharge Field:

Create a bubble-like field that amplifies the power of Traps and Allies (Including yourself) while making enemies more susceptible to damage.

Energy Cost: 100.

Spoiler

Strength:
All Modules inside increase in Strength and Range by 10% / 15% / 20% / 25%
Allies receive 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% Power Strength and Power Range while inside.

Duration:
15 / 20 / 25 / 30 s

Range:
10 / 15 / 20 / 30 m

Misc:
Enemies inside field take 10% increased damage from all sources.

I think that about covers all the basic information, for this rework idea.
His abilities will all work well together but it will cost a lot of energy to sustain, with his passive trying to account for this while also helping him stay alive, Tesla will become useful, Minelayer will change and become less cumbersome to use, Bastille will go but you will get something that makes your abilities and allies better (Yay for team composition) and Vortex will allow you to set up some awesome traps/ambushes and control the flow of battle.
The main challenge of this rework would be micromanaging all of the ability timers (May I suggest a bar timer or standard timer above each trap, or counters above each ability) and energy levels, but when used effectively it will allow Vauban to stand toe to toe with long survival warframes.

I know there have been tonnes of rework ideas for Vauban, and this one may come a bit late but I had fun thinking of this rework and just wanted to share the idea. I have yet to think of how the Augments will change but that is something to worry about later.

If you have any comments or if I have missed any necessary information about the rework, let me know in the comments.

Because everyone is bringing up the quote from Pablo - 🌮

Edited by (XB1)The Last Random
  • Upvote 2

Just so you know, the person that does most reworks said he isn't planning on doing it this year.

I really don't like how they are mocking and joking with that,

Seriously, the first response we got about Vauban is a joke about doing it next year

the lack of professionalism and seriousness is shown here.

Edited by -Sentient-
  • Upvote 2

If you follow his twitter style at all, and read the post he was responding to, I think it's really clear it was a joke.  Personally, the tweet makes me think a Vauban revisit is more likely to be soonish than less likely, as I don't think he'd be joking about it otherwise.

Anyway...

18 hours ago, (XB1)The Last Random said:

If you have any comments or if I have missed any necessary information about the rework, let me know in the comments.

Very cool ideas.

@(XB1)The Last Random Please dont be discouraged. Even if theirs already alot of rework ideas floating around continued input from the playerbase helps draw attention to where it's needed. 

Edited by zen625