ChaoticEdge

Build your kuva machine?

just an idea, we can destory the kuva machine why not hack one or steal one?  We have survival kuva so why not just build a kuva extractor machine and we just settle on places to farm kuva massive amount of it better depending on level of the stage and able farm them properly instead of getting 200 kuva per air pod. We just simple defend the kuva machine while it float around the area and simple just farm it like 1000 per 5 waves for example.  Not all kuva provider give enough for it depending you have resource double drop booster or not it just give you one time the area and just have to follow the kuva area where they gone to.  I still would like kuva machine that capture and start farming our own kuva instead rely on the air support only getting amount of 200 per each.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

DE won't allow this, trust me.

wuut why?  We already took the kuva in the fort, why not build it out the open in the mission or the plains?  The system of kuva roam in PoE (noted the reward) plus the sentient absorbed the kuva and looking for more kuva maybe that why that sentient giant keep on coming back because thous kuva.

Or you know, atleast make the reward in Kuva survival scale? I don't mind if it's only +10 every other siphon, it goes a long way in longer runs.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Lancifolis said:

Or you know, atleast make the reward in Kuva survival scale? I don't mind if it's only +10 every other siphon, it goes a long way in longer runs.

DE has said no many times about escalating rewards, in a game like Warframe it will be abused, they will be abused horribly.

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1

40 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

DE has said no many times about escalating rewards, in a game like Warframe it will be abused, they will be abused horribly.

We already abuse the riven mod so it wouldn't matter either way.  Plus we already abuse the Eilidon guy farming the night time out of it and how much the players already abuse the warframe's abilities already even thou they blazing blast the growth mod crazy during that time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

We already abuse the riven mod so it wouldn't matter either way.  Plus we already abuse the Eilidon guy farming the night time out of it and how much the players already abuse the warframe's abilities already even thou they blazing blast the growth mod crazy during that time.

I don't think you understand what he meant. DE killed the Void key system because of player abuse, but not of the system or the mission, but of other players. During it's height, the playerbase demanded ever longer runs from each other, and that heavily selected against people who couldn't game a lot, and disproportionally rewarding players that could literally play full time. The toxicity and elitism got so bad DE essentially neutered a mode that barely scaled because of the playerbase, so there's no way they're bringing back scaling on something with more powerful effects than primes.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, -Sentient- said:

Except that scaling rewards are a way of rewarding endless content and all forms of endless content can be tweaked to be different enough to appeal to many - thus being a form of endgame for all.

Are they taking escalating rewards as an infinite measure or 'to here'?  

For example one idea I had was say Hieracon, Pluto (excavation). First 5 excavators would follow the AABC rule. Second set would follow ABBC, third (and going forward) would be BBCC. I don't see that as being overpowered or unfair (or being abused). If their afraid of the game modes being abused (like survival or defense has been in the past) then why not use that as an incentive and improve upon it, instead of stopping innovation?

Players have been wanting an endgame - forever, survival, defense, excavators, salvage, defection and even assault (if changed a little) could be modified to be endgame while also having raids (in the future) among other things. The fear of players abusing something is odd to me, that abuse gives insight on what they need to fix - a roadmap of sorts, and should be used not thrown away out of fear.

44 minutes ago, Zeful said:

I don't think you understand what he meant. DE killed the Void key system because of player abuse, but not of the system or the mission, but of other players. During it's height, the playerbase demanded ever longer runs from each other, and that heavily selected against people who couldn't game a lot, and disproportionally rewarding players that could literally play full time. The toxicity and elitism got so bad DE essentially neutered a mode that barely scaled because of the playerbase, so there's no way they're bringing back scaling on something with more powerful effects than primes.

As someone whom wasn't here when that was a thing - thanks for the perspective, more info is always nice.

I still believe there is a way to have scaling rewards without leaving players who can't play 3+ hours a day behind, while also rewarding those whom want to stay for longer. Perhaps a system similar to WoW where they give incentive for certain roles to Que for raids/dungeons based on what is needed (most of the time healers and tanks). In this warframe it would work like this.

Daily / weekly mission, stay in an endless mission (of your choosing) for 1-2 hours. (insert reward here). It could be the equivalent of a weekly sortie but in challenge/arbitration form (without the no revives that arbitration has). So you start at level 100 and continue for at least 1-2 hours after that you're free to leave, but can continue if you desire, but your 'daily/weekly' reward will not increase, but you can still get relics/endo.

Just a spur of the moment idea, but I think something like this could work, I just need more info that only DE has (how often players play what mission types, do they have plans to change old - neglected mission types, do they plan on adding more ways to reward players for longer missions if it's balanced/fair to others who might not participate etc).

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, Zeful said:

Still in other words the scale is still broken no matter what they do unless you wanted too auto balance that force players to auto scale to the enemies like fighting lvl 1 enemy the player is scaled to its hp to that scaled like some game it feel familiar with I know of.  It doesn't mean the game need that type scaling when other games don't need for this or that be scaled on even COD can you scale the gun evenly match to the player liking?  No every guns is going be different and so does the rule is going be different and it doesn't matter how much you try to keep it down people is going find a way one way or the other they will find a way just wipe down the farm.  The Void key I can understand it was called abuse, but still no matter what how much you do the relic right now is still in abuse which like defense mode or survival mode make no different it still getting its abuse.

rtg0q.jpg

5 hours ago, -Sentient- said:

DE won't allow this, trust me.

With that attitude that's more than certain.

If playerbase (or just forum userbase) as a whole will demand it, then DE will have to do something about it.

That's why please stop with nay-saying.

3 hours ago, Zeful said:

During it's height, the playerbase demanded ever longer runs from each other, and that heavily selected against people who couldn't game a lot, and disproportionally rewarding players that could literally play full time.

That only applied to rare keys that you'd get maybe 1 per few days.

Most of the time people were fine with 20-40 minute runs, while 60+ minute runs were just there for min-maxing efficient groups.

Edited by deothor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok so no scaling kuva for now...

At least let the mobs in the kuva fortress to drop kuva vials sorta like endo drops, it would give me a reason to go back and play there.

• Applause 1

hmm. sounds too convenient to me, so likely won't happen. putting Kuva in the Caches on Dakata would be a good start, it's not easy finding caches in those twisty-turny caves and bunkers of the larger rooms.