Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Prime Costs

kasichyko

Ok so, I was gathering the parts for Vauban Prime... Did I want him really bad for a specific build? for a specific kind of missions? No, just for getting the last of the primes I'm missing (and since  I used the regular booben as MR fodder back in the days of no slots...).
And then... oh look, every single part of the warframe is rare... how unique... and ... so... fun. Fissure time!
Ok, I had plenty of the relics except the bp I ended up buying... time to craft him!
5 nitain extracts, on, every, single, part... INCLUDING the main blueprint... (not even counting the 7k oxium  or 9k cryotic I've used for other stuff, let's say that's on me)
...I guess this seemed reasonable long time ago... but... now? how is vauban even meta at anything? Do you even come across vaubans anymore?
Supposing there was no plan to rework him, do these requirement even make sense? Ohhh i see... so it keeps that "hard-to-get" style from the regular one alerts-wise...
but why even make rare every part of the relics? it's just... it's silly.

Do I post this and expect DE to lower the requirements so I can craft him? of course not, i'll be gathering this the following days and eventually getting it. This is actually to get attention towards how outdated and ignored some warframes are (yeah, booben is not the only one going through this). Don't they deserve some updating when so many new warframes come out and put them on the shelves? or is that just a thing when the prime version is about to come out and that's it? -sad violin music- ... So raise tenno!  do it for those forgotten warframes out there! (hey thanks for reading all this 😄 bai)

1 hour ago, -Sentient- said:

Well the guy that does most Reworks to warframe posted he will start reworking Vauban when he eats tacos, and he will likely visit Mexico next year

basically, he won't rework it till 1 year and its mocking/trolling us .-.

Keep in mind this is the same guy that gave us Nullifiers and - I believe - the rework for Limbo.

1 hour ago, TKDancer said:

nothing justifies his building costs being so ridiculously high compared to other prime frames

This. For the amount of grind and farming needed to acquire not only all his parts but also the resources needed to build, his performance is lackluster. Tesla mines are too slow to deploy and Minelayer is a convoluted and complicated mess.

I think it's stupid that Vauban P. is STILL a massive resource sink. For the amount of Oxium and Cryotic I had to farm, I'd expect him to float through the air and have a freezing aura around him. Also, being a Prime, I'm really surprised that he didn't require Orokin Cells to build.

Just now, MirageKnight said:

I think it's stupid that Vauban P. is STILL a massive resource sink. 

the fact that he costs 20 total nitain is still the worst part, like i'd understand 1 per part, maybe the main BP using 2, but 5 each??? come on

20 of the resource we cant actually farm in the normal sense, where we only get 1 every couple of hours IF we're always online when nitain alerts are on

11 hours ago, TKDancer said:

the fact that he costs 20 total nitain is still the worst part, like i'd understand 1 per part, maybe the main BP using 2, but 5 each??? come on

20 of the resource we cant actually farm in the normal sense, where we only get 1 every couple of hours IF we're always online when nitain alerts are on

Completely agreed. It took me 10 days of watching alerts on my phone and then jumping on the PC to get all the Nitain I needed. I hope I NEVER have to go through that again.

The time / resource gating for Vauban Prime is disproportionate to the 'Frame's actual performance and how most other Primed 'Frames are obtained...and in the interests of fairness, it needs to be changed.

37 minutes ago, (NSW)Joewoof said:

Was there ever a rationale for it?

At the time, DE wanted to try and solve the problem of some players with far much free time who were intentionally stockpiling large amounts of Nitain, Oxium, and Cryotic in anticipation of future weapons and 'Frames that might and would use those resources.

Instead, they only wound up punishing everyone else that had actual lives.

I think the only reason they made Vauban prime an all rare part drop requiring a bunch of resources is because the original Vauban was one of the most bull to acquire back in the day. All frames dropped from bosses back then. But Vauban was the only unfarmable frame that only dropped from alerts.

of course times have changed and we’ve gotten plenty of other difficult to acquire frames added to the roster. Can’t wait to see how difficult to build the primes of the syndicate quest frames will be.

Edited by Shadedraxe