Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two months into Warframe and I'm already making up my own content.

(XBOX)Pugs Xbox

I have been playing for 2 months and I'm already starting to stretch things out. Is this normal? Granted it is the only game I've played for the past 2 months and I do have 300 hours. I know I know there is a lot more to do in ''collecting everything'' but I feel like I'm just doing the same things for some weapons I may or may not use, then repeat the same things again. If you have any ideas for me that would be appreciated.

Warframe is honestly best played off and on in hard bursts. I have been playing since fall 2014 and have had 1+ year breaks here and there. Every time you come back there is new content and the old content will feel awesome again. The game really has fantastic gameplay, and it can be easy to miss grinding your 40th Eso for Vandal parts 😉

Edited by Schoolie440
  • Like 2

I have no ideas or suggestions since I've been doing this alot less longer than you have now... but if you do take a long break your friends who might be playing longer than you might gain alot of progress and leave you in the dust. 

This video should sum up what the experience is like for me :

"So you spent the last two weeks... turning the game into a chore so can play the could play the game less ?" - Noob 

In my case I just keep grinding until I reach a point where my build is strong enough to Solo some level 50 Missions... 500 Hours in and that still feels so far away 😞 .

the good news is I now have the 4 Frames I wanted, Trinity, Ivara, Harrow (this one was a pain in the ass) and Gara (Also a pain in the ass). I just need to Polarize all of them and I should be good to go....

lol... can you believe the color Black is locked ? A bijilion colours to choose and make money from and DE won't even give you Black or Pink... you need to fork over 70 Platinum if you want Black... seems alil greedy to me.

this game suffers from heavy, fast burn out/ and it suffers from "lack of focus" on long term players, or in this case people who have over a few 100 hours. Can't say I blame de cause newer players are a lot more profitable then the old and older players are harder to please then newer ones.

Yeah. I'm like 5 years into this game myself so as you an imagine I'm pretty much sailin in the same boat when it comes to boredom. I'm at a point now where I pretty much exclusively play as stealthy as possible when alone purely because it makes things feel slightly different once in a while.

Remember to take breaks from Warframe if you're getting bored. There is zero reason to burn yourself out. 

44 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I have no ideas or suggestions since I've been doing this alot less longer than you have now... but if you do take a long break your friends who might be playing longer than you might gain alot of progress and leave you in the dust. 

This video should sum up what the experience is like for me :

"So you spent the last two weeks... turning the game into a chore so can play the could play the game less ?" - Noob 

In my case I just keep grinding until I reach a point where my build is strong enough to Solo some level 50 Missions... 500 Hours in and that still feels so far away 😞 .

the good news is I now have the 4 Frames I wanted, Trinity, Ivara, Harrow (this one was a pain in the ass) and Gara (Also a pain in the ass). I just need to Polarize all of them and I should be good to go....

lol... can you believe the color Black is locked ? A bijilion colours to choose and make money from and DE won't even give you Black or Pink... you need to fork over 70 Platinum if you want Black... seems alil greedy to me.

I am sorry but how can you have 500 hrs in and not be able to solo lvl 50 missions?? And complain about 70p color pallet when this can be farmed so darn easy. What are you doing in game? Not to invalidate you but it's just unreal to me how a person with so many hours can't solo lvl 50 missions...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

I am sorry but how can you have 500 hrs in and not be able to solo lvl 50 missions?? And complain about 70p color pallet when this can be farmed so darn easy. What are you doing in game? Not to invalidate you but it's just unreal to me how a person with so many hours can't solo lvl 50 missions...

The experience is vastly different for everyone, man. Don't sweat that sort of stuff. Just causes arguments. The odds are the guy probably could solo the missions but finds them unenjoyable, which is the same as saying 'I can't/wont play this'.

Edited by Blatantfool

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

This is just nonsense, sorry. 

I've been playing for 7000 hours and I've never felt the "content drought" or ever had the feeling of "nothing to do" ..

It's all about setting yourself a goal or not.. 

But it can happen that you lose interest for a while which is a normal human thing.. just play something else for a while..

Honestly, though, the real takeaway from your massive numbers of hours played is more like showing you have a respectably tough tolerance for grind. You'll find that rarely are two folks exactly alike though. Putting myself up for example, I can basically tolerate most of the grind in the game. Except the Cetus Wisps. The sheer monotony of that makes me lose drive to do it.

Grind tolerance is a gradient scale. We're all somewhere on it.

Edited by Blatantfool
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

This is just nonsense, sorry. 

I've been playing for 7000 hours and I've never felt the "content drought" or ever had the feeling of "nothing to do" ..

It's all about setting yourself a goal or not.. 

But it can happen that you lose interest for a while which is a normal human thing.. just play something else for a while..

you can reach mr 25 in about 1200-ish hours if you don't rush it. unless you consider doing stuff like reaching the maximum amount of credits, doing a endurance run that goes past 12 hours, or formaing a frame 100 times. as content, i'm confused on what exactly you're doing past 2000 hours.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Having fun. That's all. But most importantly, ignoring the meta + rivens, causing mortality and DMG falloff, resulting in challenge.. so I have what everyone seeks by just simple avoiding the top notch setups, and doing my own builds, even if they can't one shot a lvl 160 heavy Gunner or bombard.. ^^

I might be in the minority here but I think it's possible to have a content drought and still enjoy the game. Like I litterly have every prime weapon in rotation atm though there are still three I need to farm orokin cells to build, I still enjoy the game but at this point I'm mostly just farming plat for cosmetics (I probably won't spend plat on farming the next unvaulted frames cause that's something to do...) Also for rivens, I feel like the mindset for most is just passively get them, since the grind for them is a horrible slot machine and burns people out fast. They feel like a vocal minority.

Edited by stormy505

14 game icons on my desktop. As others have said, play some other games. At 300 hours in just 2 months, that's 5 hours a day at Warframe if you play 7 days a week. Dude.....take a break, lol.

Though to answer your question, the Star Chart can get routinely easy fairly quickly. After 2 years playing, if the enemy level is under 100, there's very little challenge. It takes things like Sorties, Eidolons, and now Orb Mothers to give a challenge. ESO and Arbitrations were supposed to be more fun and challenging, and neither turned out to be either, lol.

I'm personally hoping that The New War opens up the Star Chart into the Tau system, with new mission types and enemy levels well past 100. My personal outlook would be to see missions that hit level 250, but I doubt DE would push that hard.

Warframe is in a stagnant state and more and more players are actually getting turned off of basically doing the same thing as they have done in the first 24hrs of playing hundreds or thousands of hours in.

warframe lacks direction bigtime. it also is too grind heavy and is getting much worse with new content added. lacks completion of its contents( lore or systems)  or continuation like syndicates, lunaro etc.

relics was put into place for void keys, ( many stupidly praises this move) but there isn't any fore lore for relics, nor it isn't part of the game in the prologue with Vor.

give credit where credit is due, sure the game plays smooth and looks pretty and has plenty of stuff to level up, but what's left or what is replayable in the lore/story dept?

warframe has become predictable, for some it feels like a chore, for others its meh, and for the newbies its wow great but eventually everyone ends up saying the same things<< lacks content and challenge and the excessive grind is a big turn off.

• Like 4

OP, I think the bigger problem is that you clocked in 300 hours in 2 months... A friend of mine, who started playing in 2015, still has about 360 ish hours. I started around the same time period, and have about 400 hours in...

In a very rough estimate, 300 hours in 2 months is about 5 hours of playing every single day...

If you burn yourself out like this, you will get bored of almost any PvE game.

Play in moderation, or better yet, do not play video games 5 hours a day everyday in general.

• Like 1

Do you enjoy the frames and weapons you use?

Have you tried experimenting with different builds and minmaxing?

Do you like trading?

Ever tried pushing yourself to be the MVP as a support frame in harder content?

What's your favorite playstyle?

Ever tried some of the more balanced frames out there? Like Banshee or Harrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Why do people feel obligated to play if they don't want to?

Because they are addicted, if you spent many amount of hour like thousands to a game, you can't stop or your progression of your time will be wasted

• Like 1

You have been operant conditioned for too long and your dopamine receptor is blocked by carrots? 300hrs is quite enough for a chunk of sunk cost fallacy though. 

Warframe is a "just in case" game, you will grind every item "just in case". 

Warframe is also similar to nes games that loop over and over with new colors. 

Edited by Volinus7