Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Two months into Warframe and I'm already making up my own content.

(XBOX)Pugs Xbox

25 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

Because they are addicted, if you spent many amount of hour like thousands to a game, you can't stop or your progression of your time will be wasted

Wasted? That's not how it works, there's nothing to waste here, it's not like you could lose something by not playing

• Like 1

Play other games and take a break, but change your loadouts weapons and playstyle abit. For example do the sortie solo with all the dragon keys equipped. Play only with a melee weapon and see how high your combo counter can go or if you are always playing with one focus school change it to another one. Or play with a sniper and see how many headshots you can get. You get the point. 

But the little goals is the most fun or should I say optimizing your effectiveness. Say you are doing a capture or exterminate mission try to do it as fast as you can. So do not stop by doing the mission try to do it as good as you can do it. Or do the exact opposite and just loaf around in the mission. Another thing is (this is verry petty and stupid I suppose but If you are in a squad try to do the most damage. ) 

• Like 1

On 2019-01-12 at 9:19 PM, (XB1)Pugs Xbox said:

I have been playing for 2 months and I'm already starting to stretch things out. Is this normal? Granted it is the only game I've played for the past 2 months and I do have 300 hours. I know I know there is a lot more to do in ''collecting everything'' but I feel like I'm just doing the same things for some weapons I may or may not use, then repeat the same things again. If you have any ideas for me that would be appreciated.

Yep its normal.  Games like this tend to devolve into "make your own fun".

There simply isn't enough content to string you along and keep you busy.

Lately my "made up fun" is rennovation of my entire dojo. I've used up so much old resources that I'm out of lowbie stuff. So I've been running lower level missions trying to get resources back up.

It's a good excuse to shelf my overpowered builds and level something at the same time. Or at the very leat help carry a noob through a random lowbie mission.

I did a bounty on plains and got paired with a new player. MR 1. Using all M1 starter gear. I noticed he didn't have a archwing yet so I walked with him and led him to about 3 or 4 cetus wisps and a ton of sentient cores.

Sometimes helping others can help you because I ended up with a bunch of mats I'd normally skip in an archwing. 

Edited by IIDMOII

The more you want of everything the game has to offer, the more there is to keep you busy for a long time.

If somebody decides that 75% of the game content isn't worth farming because they consider it useless or they don't like certain game modes, they will run out of things to do very fast.
Those who want to collect everything, they will be kept busy non-stop with no end in sight.  Every time they're about to get everything, months will have passed and new content will have just come out, resetting the cycle.

In all looter games (and most MMORPGs), if one's only focus is to reach "endgame" as fast and most efficiently as possible, you will always burn out and get bored. You're never meant to play these games with "endgame" as your sole purpose. You're meant to soak up the experience and enjoy what the game has to offer and casually make your way to whatever endgame there is while gathering fun memories.

If a game doesn't live up to any of the above expectations for you, then the game is simply not tailored for your needs.  And that's ok. It's not possible for a game to cater to absolutely everybody.

2 hours ago, MystMan said:

If a game doesn't live up to any of the above expectations for you, then the game is simply not tailored for your needs.  And that's ok. It's not possible for a game to cater to absolutely everybody.

Guy tries to define not enough content as me not liking the game

Uh, there is no content. It's definitely catering to me because I played it for 2 and a half months straight.

On 2019-01-13 at 4:44 AM, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

This is just nonsense, sorry. 

I've been playing for 7000 hours and I've never felt the "content drought" or ever had the feeling of "nothing to do" ..

It's all about setting yourself a goal or not.. 

Besides collecting wtf have you been doing for 7000 hours im confused

On 2019-01-12 at 11:19 PM, (XB1)Pugs Xbox said:

I have been playing for 2 months and I'm already starting to stretch things out. Is this normal? Granted it is the only game I've played for the past 2 months and I do have 300 hours. I know I know there is a lot more to do in ''collecting everything'' but I feel like I'm just doing the same things for some weapons I may or may not use, then repeat the same things again. If you have any ideas for me that would be appreciated.

Uh... Lessee here, 2 months, let's call that 60 days... 300/60.. Cross the zero, carry the 7, use pythagoras, factor for the speed of an unladen swallow.... You spent 5 hours a day, every day. That would lead to burn out, Tenno. 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Pugs Xbox said:

Besides collecting wtf have you been doing for 7000 hours im confused

Yeah, the issue with Warframe is just DE released content half bake then never really fix it. I started noticing this when I first play the sacrifices, as it was a quest that we waited for a year just to get a frame with boosted stat. I was expecting a new place to discover, didn't get any.

3 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

Yeah, the issue with Warframe is just DE released content half bake then never really fix it. I started noticing this when I first play the sacrifices, as it was a quest that we waited for a year just to get a frame with boosted stat. I was expecting a new place to discover, didn't get any.

tbh i liked the quest though

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh... Lessee here, 2 months, let's call that 60 days... 300/60.. Cross the zero, carry the 7, use pythagoras, factor for the speed of an unladen swallow.... You spent 5 hours a day, every day. That would lead to burn out, Tenno. 

i beat the game0

Spoiler

joke btw also not really because im not into collecting much (even though i almost have everything)

Edited by (XB1)Pugs Xbox

1 hour ago, (XB1)Pugs Xbox said:

Guy tries to define not enough content as me not liking the game

Uh, there is no content. It's definitely catering to me because I played it for 2 and a half months straight.

All my post wasn't specifically meant only for you personally. I'm talking about the "content-droughters" in general. 
And I never said "not liking the game".   Not meeting expectations != dislike a game.

The more specific your expectations are of a game & the faster you rush through it, the more quicker you will get bored when these expectations aren't met. Reaching this goal will feel shallow. You gotta enter these games with a very open mind and no expectations for best results.

From what I gather over the years on these forums, there are 2 types of gamers in Warframe.

1. Those who play it purely for its gameplay, the experience of it. After getting all the loot they need/want, they continue playing it for the sake of playing it because they enjoy the mechanics of the game mode(s). (Or they play with friends, which makes any game fun). I still play the hell out of Archwing because I'm of the minority who enjoys it for what it is. (I do miss trials, though).
  2. Those who play solely for rewards. They constantly need a carrot on a stick to be motivated to play. Once the limited specific carrots are gotten -> content drought. The gameplay is a secondary reason of why you play, not the primary. Expecting new carrots to chase every 2 weeks is impossible, no game can churn out new content at such a high pace. (I use 2 weeks as an example because I saw a thread about January 2019 being a dry month because no new content...... we've been in the new year for a mere 2 weeks and already somebody was expecting new content).

You said yourself you're not into collecting much. That alone means there are still more things out there worth chasing to keep you busy. Except you already decided they're not worth your time.

Thing is, it is the very collector gamers who rack up thousands of hours in this game because they want to own everything. This is very normal in looter games. There is always a solid player base who play this genre with the intent to farm and master everything. And getting everything will take you a long time. The entire content of the game is fully catered to them, not just the bare essential frames/weapons/mods.

Creative players make their own wacky goals.

And those with a wild imagination construct works of art in their lisets and dojos. There is no functional purpose to this but when it comes to having fun with creativity, must there always be a purpose?  "Art for art's sake" as the saying goes.  And then there's fashionframe. 'nuff said.

Lastly, like every videogame, you play them for fun.  If there is nothing left in one to entertain you, play another one in the meantime and check back from time to time to see if new carrots content has been released. It's not like videogames are jobs we are forced to show up at to play from 9 to 5 every day.

14 hours ago, Genesix6 said:

Yea man agreed.

Why did this game end up on only revolving around adding new warframes and weapons? I would much rather see 4 new maps and missions and quests every year instead of weapons i don't need, maybe it  should be a mandatory quest released with every frame? make it more about lore and such... The first next focus should be on adding a new hidden planet, something concrete.

And yes I hit the wall with the game.
For me endgame is farming for some void fissures and then trade stuff, everything else is just too boring. I cant stand another weapon and this forma obligatory way of forcing something to add small improvements for a weapon, I just wished there could be another way imo.

3 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Nope, never

Fair enough....

5 hours ago, Kemenril said:

This guy is posting in a lot of forum areas, talking about getting to MR14-15 in 70 days and how he's getting bored. 

I mean...what developer could possibly make content for a person like this and leave them satisfied? 

No developer could... nor should they even try... in DE's case It seemed like they tried to stretch and pad out their content using caps, ludicrous grinds and Slot Machine Levels of RNG. Really what they should have done is making what little content they had more enjoyable and more memorable. But thats never gonna happen... they are in too deep on this chosen path so their going to stick with it until it doesn't work anymore.