Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP idea (no battle royal)

Genesix6

Ok, I decide to made this post because of the constant battle royal idea, so instead of having a battle royal

Why not a PvP that is 1v1, I know some of you are gonna be sceptical about this. So this is how the 1v1 works

No primary, no secondary only melee

With the upcoming melee 3.0 I suspect there's gonna be combo that is depends on the movement key. What this means if press W with attack it will do a heavy attack, press A or D will do a side attack, press S will light attack

So how does one counter in a match? A or D>S>W>A or D

Now there is also another way of counter, parry which is blocking. However you cannot block all the time as the counter will not trigger, you have to block at the right time. 

Now there is also another way of attacking, which is the upcoming melee air combo, so how this will work with blocking exactly?if your melee attack is counter during mid air you will knockback by the counter however there is way to recover, which is rolling, if you don't roll in the right time you will be vuberable for a certain amount of time.

How does damage work in this mode? First off this fight will not use the regular health and shield, instead we only have 5 HP, so if you land an attack on your enemy, it will decrease by 1, if you attack the enemy while it's vunerable because of the counter, it will be decrease by 2

Another movement attack, if you air attack has been counter and behind you is a wall, you have the option to use the space button to charge straight to your enemies with your weapon

Now in this mode you will start off as unarmed, your first objective is to find a melee weapon, and fight the enemy. However you cannot use that weapon continuaslly, as the weapon has durability. If you or the enemy land a hit or it had been hit. You weapon will break, so you have to pick up another weapon once more.There is 20 weapon type in the room.

Ideas for the arena 

For now I have 4

All element will not work as the same system, this idea also use counter (not the attack blocking)

1. Fire arena. 

The arena is engulf with fire and geyser. If you receive a Fire damage, your HP won't be decrease, instead it builds a counter, when the counter reachs to 20, you will receive a blast damage decrease your HP by 1 and you will be knockback by the blast, in order to remove the counter, you need to find an item that removes the fire. Geyser, you can use the geyser to shoot yourself to the air, and you can use your melee slam at the enemy, however upon using the geyser you will receive 1 damage as well.

2. Ice arena 

The arena is surrounded by cold temperature, as you stay there, the counter will continue to build up. The more counter you have, the slower you move, however you can decrease the counter by using an item that can help you. The arena will be covered with blizzard, thus decreasing your vision

3. Toxin arena 

The arena is surrounded by plant that is toxic, and plants that can heal you. When you receive a toxin damage your HP will not be decrease instantly,  instead your HP will be decrease by 1 for every 15s, however for every 20 counter, the toxin damage will be increase by 1. In order to remove the poison, you need to have an antidote that is located somewhere in the plants. You can use some of the plant, as they will also Grant you buff, such as increase attack speed/ increase damage by 1/decrease any incoming damage by 1. How ever you can only use this buff once

4. Lighting arena

The arena is filled machine that generates lighting. If you receive a lighting damage, your HP will not be decrease instead it builds a counter, this counter will continue to build even when not receiving any lighting damage. The counter limit is 40, if you were to have a 40 counter, you will receive a shock that decrease your HP by 1 and stunned for a brief of time. You can hack the machine to generate lighting that can only directed to your enemy.

So what is your thought about this? Is it good or bad?

Edited by Genesix6
Want to add something

56 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Can already do 1 on 1. Dojo arena. Just have to agree on loadout.

melee 3.0 is stance combos based on moving, standing and blocking. its not  branching that much.

It's more a bit more different,  if DE made the melee 3.0 in PvP and PvE works the same thing, the blocking and the counter won't be added cause in PvE, counter or blocking against enemy which most of the enemies are using guns instead of melee. So the melee 3.0 version in PvP in this post works more different than PvE one

So basically all you want is to change dojo arena

if you wanna change pvp why not suggest to turn it into a third person moba.. the building blocks are there.. card system enhancement, different build per characters, mobs, small bosses, big bosses, different environments..

all that is needed now is maps with multiple lanes and lots of salt for that special moba toxicity... jk

edit: or make stalker mod 1v4 as a pvp. Just like any other asymmetrical multiplayer games. Again the building blocks are there

Edited by novalery

I think DE could definitely improve Dojo 1v1’s with the change of melee coming. With melee 3.0 melee combat should have a smoother feel to it, making the combat kinda like “For Honor”. I think they can expand upon this and add a parry ability, which is activated by blocking a melee attack at the last second. They could then change dojo 1v1’s to melee only and restrict all mods beside stance mods. That way they could have a test of skill rather than who has the better mods.  

*edit* Oh and they can also bring back the stamina bar to limit people spamming

Edited by (PS4)SomeBadVibes

A 1v1 or 2v2 in a larger map could work i guess. But why melee only? Why not have match settings so you can set your own rule wether it be melee only, or all out loadout? Only reason melee only is best atm is cause the dojo space is too small.

I've tried cs go's sniper 1v1 maps and i somewhat enjoyed it (i'm bad at it but i enjoyed it nontheless. Was thrilling.)

33 minutes ago, (PS4)SomeBadVibes said:

I think DE could definitely improve Dojo 1v1’s with the change of melee coming. With melee 3.0 melee combat should have a smoother feel to it, making the combat kinda like “For Honor”. I think they can expand upon this and add a parry ability, which is activated by blocking a melee attack at the last second. They could then change dojo 1v1’s to melee only and restrict all mods beside stance mods. That way they could have a test of skill rather than who has the better mods.  

*edit* Oh and they can also bring back the stamina bar to limit people spamming

Yes, that's what this post intended, the dojo arena could act like for Honor + air combo + parkour

3 hours ago, novalery said:

So basically all you want is to change dojo arena

if you wanna change pvp why not suggest to turn it into a third person moba.. the building blocks are there.. card system enhancement, different build per characters, mobs, small bosses, big bosses, different environments..

all that is needed now is maps with multiple lanes and lots of salt for that special moba toxicity... jk

edit: or make stalker mod 1v4 as a pvp. Just like any other asymmetrical multiplayer games. Again the building blocks are there

Well kinda, dojo arena can work if you have any clanmate that is active. So if it's a mode anyone can try it. 

Edited by Genesix6

9 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

A 1v1 or 2v2 in a larger map could work i guess. But why melee only? Why not have match settings so you can set your own rule wether it be melee only, or all out loadout? Only reason melee only is best atm is cause the dojo space is too small.

I've tried cs go's sniper 1v1 maps and i somewhat enjoyed it (i'm bad at it but i enjoyed it nontheless. Was thrilling.)

Because PvP in warframe hard to shoot. Playera keep parkouring and try to keeps it distance between each other. Only melee will encourage the players to get closer. 

I just think it might be better to repost your suggestion as an improvement to the clan dojo. Eg, give the ability to enable PvP in the obstacle course room.

I'm not for PvP in Warframe, persay, however I do feel like having the ability to mess around or interact more with fellow clan mates in your dojo is certainly a plus in my books, even if it does mean being able to knock each other around.

14 hours ago, Genesix6 said:

Because PvP in warframe hard to shoot. Playera keep parkouring and try to keeps it distance between each other. Only melee will encourage the players to get closer. 

People do that because all the current pvp modes are either ffa or team fights, which means standing still is death. If there're less people per match i'm sure people would spam bullet jump less, as it does have a sound que that could alert enemies.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I find it strange that I'm applauding OP for specifying that this is not a Battle Royale thread.  

Well played.

That's how you get people to read a pvp thread nowadays :clem:

1 hour ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

People do that because all the current pvp modes are either ffa or team fights, which means standing still is death. If there're less people per match i'm sure people would spam bullet jump less, as it does have a sound que that could alert enemies.

Well yeah, I understand that standing still means death. But that doesn't change the fact that the current PvP is broken. Go ahead try do this

That's how you get people to read a pvp thread nowadays :clem:

50 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

1:59 - NO ONE gets to go away from my bullets.

Jokes aside, that's what i meant earlier, with so many players you're bound to need to parkour light crazy since there's someone at every corner of the map (tho in this guy's case he wasn't spamming blindly). 1v1 (or 2v2) would make stealth aside from invisibility viable.

Theoretically I guess. I don't really have concrete basis tbh since i only played conclave extensively when they introduced the riv guards.

I made this post yesterday, in Conclaive but I decided to add more feature to the mode

No primary, no secondary only melee

With the upcoming melee 3.0 I suspect there's gonna be combo that is depends on the movement key. What this means if press W with attack it will do a heavy attack, pressA or D will do a side attack, press S will light attack

So how does one counter in a match? A or D>S>W>A or D

Now there is also another way of counter, parry which is blocking. However you cannot block all the time as the counter will not trigger, you have to block at the right time. 

Now there is also another way of attacking, which is the upcoming melee air combo, so how this will work with blocking exactly?if your melee attack is counter during mid air you will knockback by the counter however there is way to recover, which is rolling, if you don't roll in the right time you will be vuberable for a certain amount of time.

How does damage work in this mode? First off this fight will not use the regular health and shield, instead we only have 5 HP, so if you land an attack on your enemy, it will decrease by 1, if you attack the enemy while it's vunerable because of the counter, it will be decrease by 2

Another movement attack, if you air attack has been counter and behind you is a wall, you have the option to use the space button to charge straight to your enemies with your weapon

Now in this mode you will start off as unarmed, your first objective is to find a melee weapon, and fight the enemy. However you cannot use that weapon continuaslly, as the weapon has durability. If you or the enemy land a hit or it had been hit. You weapon will break, so you have to pick up another weapon once more.There is 20 weapon type in the room.

Ideas for the arena 

For now I have 4 arena (because I am bit confused of how the other arena elements would work)

All element will not work as the same system, this idea also use counter (not the attack blocking). 

1. Fire arena. 

The arena is engulf with fire and geyser. If you receive a Fire damage, your HP won't be decrease, instead it builds a counter, when the counter reachs to 20, you will receive a blast damage decrease your HP by 1 and you will be knockback by the blast, in order to remove the counter, you need to find an item that removes the fire. Geyser, you can use the geyser to shoot yourself to the air, and you can use your melee slam at the enemy, however upon using the geyser you will receive 1 damage as well.

2. Ice arena 

The arena is surrounded by cold temperature, as you stay there, the counter will continue to build up. The more counter you have, the slower you move, however you can decrease the counter by using an item that can help you. The arena will be covered with blizzard, thus decreasing your vision

3. Toxin arena 

The arena is surrounded by plant that is toxic, and plants that can heal you. When you receive a toxin damage your HP will not be decrease instantly,  instead your HP will be decrease by 1 for every 15s, however for every 20 counter, the toxin damage will be increase by 1. In order to remove the poison, you need to have an antidote that is located somewhere in the plants. You can use some of the plant, as they will also Grant you buff, such as increase attack speed/ increase damage by 1/decrease any incoming damage by 1. How ever you can only use this buff once

4. Lighting arena

The arena is filled machine that generates lighting. If you receive a lighting damage, your HP will not be decrease instead it builds a counter, this counter will continue to build even when not receiving any lighting damage. The counter limit is 40, if you were to have a 40 counter, you will receive a shock that decrease your HP by 1 and stunned for a brief of time. You can hack the machine to generate lighting that can only directed to your enemy

So what is your thought about this? Is it good or bad?

10 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

There are hundreds of other games focusing on pvp. Warframe is a PVE-focused game. Why does a small minority keep trying to make this game what is clearly does not want to be instead of playing another game that suits their needs?

Because wanting a game to expand it's a good thing? I mean a game become so much more than a PvE focused, every type game has different kind of PvP experience and Warframe too could Excel at PvP

I mean yeah Conclaive and lunaro failed but that's because DE never really to bother to fix the problem. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

They failed because they community response was that PvP was not content that we wanted.  You cannot fix player preference.  No means no.

Actually it was more than just that, Conclaive and lunaro was just badly done, there is the connection issue, the constant bullet jumping, not much of balanced

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I... is it just me or that sounds like For Honor? Never played the game, but that immediately jumped to mind when I read heavy > side > light attack.

Anyway, no, thank you! Let PvP die.

Yes but mix it with warfrma parkour

Edited by Genesix6

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

I mean, you already have For Honor, a game specifically built for that combat system, why do you need it in Warframe, a game built around high speed and massacring thousands with ease?

Wrong name I used, already fix it though