Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mining In Warframe ?

Urbanx

Like, How cool wouldn't it be if diffrent planets had Ore Veins, and you needed to craft a pickaxe to mine them?

You craft the pickaxe, mine the ores and then you Melt them in the foundry, then you use those Bar's that you melted to craft weapons or armor etc, instead you just go kill mobs and suddenly they drop something?

This could be used for maybe ("Armor") tab on your warframe? You can buy Chestplates maybe some other stuff, and the equipped item boosts your Defense / Attack. But the Equipped item have a specific Durability, and if this Durability is at 0, your Equipped item peice breaks, and you need to craft a new one.

Might sound a bit odd for some people, I'm totally fine with that!

Post your thoughts! :D

Foundry will become so big in that case!

And i'd rather burn my hard disk and then feed the ashes to my cat instead of having to live with anything close to vindictus style mining :D

^

|

Anything FAR from that thing sounds actually nice ;D

OP, I don't think you understand how the Tenno operate.  They don't bother doing any manual labor; they just let other people do that work, then kill them and steal everything they own.  They are similar to the Spartans in that regard.  They know how to be soldiers.... and not much else. 

I don't have anything against having additional resources gather points from certain map tile sets where this fits, for example the mining outposts could have lootable ore containers that only drop ore-related crafting resources. But having specific equipment to do so sounds weird... especially a pick-axe, we're not 17th century coal miners... unless we get a cool melee mining drill like in the old Total Recall. I'd rock that every day screaming 'SCREW YOU' at the top of my lungs.