Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem: Gara's Mass Vitrify on Uneven Terrain

dpencil

I love Gara, but whenever I am on a map with uneven terrain, especially the Vallas, and use her 4 (Mass Vitrify) the bottom of the wall will very often not fully connect to the ground on all sides, leaving big gaps underneath where enemies are still free to pass or shoot through. It's pretty frustrating.

Frost doesn't have this problem because his Snow Globe is a full sphere that goes underground.

I would recommend that the code of Mass Vitrify be adjusted to ensure that it always goes into the ground at every point of the circle. If it cannot go straight down until it passes the lowest point, perhaps including a sloping base (like a cone) at the bottom of the ring that would not be visible on even terrain but would help to close any gaps on uneven terrain.

I really hope this is something that can get looked at and resolved. Thanks

5 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Snow Globe also lets enemies through and is much smaller, Mass Vitrify is perfectly fine.

Doesn't mean this problem have to stay like this

It's funny because the warframe that was supposed to work better at PoE and even had a story with it sucks in it due to this.

Just now, -Sentient- said:

Doesn't mean this problem have to stay like this

It's funny because the warframe that was supposed to work better at PoE and even had a story with it sucks in it due to this.

Never had a problem with Gara in either PoE or Vallis and would pick her over Frost anyday. You have Splinter Storm for extra protection.

1 minute ago, Misgenesis said:

Never had a problem with Gara in either PoE or Vallis and would pick her over Frost anyday. You have Splinter Storm for extra protection.

That hasn't anything to do with what the OP said

""whenever I am on a map with uneven terrain, especially the Vallas, and use her 4 (Mass Vitrify) the bottom of the wall will very often not fully connect to the ground on all sides, leaving big gaps underneath where enemies are still free to pass or shoot through. It's pretty frustrating."

Edited by -Sentient-

Just now, -Sentient- said:

That hasn't anything to do with what the OP said

""henever I am on a map with uneven terrain, especially the Vallas, and use her 4 (Mass Vitrify) the bottom of the wall will very often not fully connect to the ground on all sides, leaving big gaps underneath where enemies are still free to pass or shoot through. It's pretty frustrating.

It does, im trying to say ''learn to play her'' in a nice way. My point stands, Mass Vitrify is fine and balanced, Snow Globe exists to cover what Vitrify cant.

5 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

It does, im trying to say ''learn to play her'' in a nice way. My point stands, Mass Vitrify is fine and balanced, Snow Globe exists to cover what Vitrify cant.

This is the problem, its not about "learning to play her", the Mass Vitrify has more disadvantages than Snow globe

1 - Cannot have multiple vitrify

2 - The Wall can blind you by not letting you see clearly outside

3 - and the mentioned above problem where in Open maps vitrify doesn't go into the ground, unlike frost globe.

Mass Vitrify needs a code to be able to stick its glass into the ground, otherwise il float.

but this isn't a Gara and Frost comparison, this is a needed change because Vitrify doesn't stick into the ground and sometimes floats into the air,  letting enemy fire enter.

Edited by -Sentient-

1 minute ago, -Sentient- said:

This is the problem, its not about "learning to play her", the Mass Vitrify has more disadvantages than Snow globe

1 - Cannot have multiple vitrify

2 - The Wall can blind you by not letting you see clearly outside

3 - and the mentioned above problem where in Open maps vitrify doesn't go into the ground, unlike frost globe.

1, Much wider coverage/blocks enemies. Alternatively play Frost.

2, Adjust energy color

3, Play Frost

Look man its not supposed to be a carbon copy of Snow Globe. Its an alternative to Globe. Better in some areas, worse at others.

9 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

1, Much wider coverage/blocks enemies. Alternatively play Frost.

2, Adjust energy color

3, Play Frost

Look man its not supposed to be a carbon copy of Snow Globe. Its an alternative to Globe. Better in some areas, worse at others.

1 - Frost can cover multiple excavators and objectives, can make its globe stronger which each thrown in

2 - Not every gara does it,and you have to put effects intensity very low

3 - Not the solution .-.?

They are very different, you use Gara to cover a big area, while frost uses it to cover multiple and smaller objectives

It needs to be fixed, why wouldn't you want it?

Edited by -Sentient-

5 hours ago, dpencil said:

I would recommend that the code of Mass Vitrify be adjusted to ensure that it always goes into the ground at every point of the circle.

TBH, I'm confused, because Mass Vitrify has never "malfunctioned" for me in the way you're describing.

It does however have a maximum height (Wiki says 12m), are you sure it's not just that?

@NinjaZeku

Yeah, that's a valid point. I went in and did some testing and it does seem to have to do with reaching the 12 meter limit. I wasn't aware before that there was a specific limit. I often jump to cast, and on uneven terrain if there is an area below where I am standing in the circle it will not get coverage. If I cast from a standing position the ring will go all the way into the ground, but the circle may get absorbed by higher elevations, allowing enemies on higher slopes to walk right over it. When jumping, the circle only seems to go down roughly to the level at which I was standing, so any lower slopes will be exposed.

So basically, on any inclined area it will be pretty difficult to get good coverage either above or below your defensive position.

So I guess I will adjust my request to asking that the maximum height of the circle be increased a bit to help with this problem, perhaps to 20 meters.

if you jump so high that the Bottom of the wall isn't connecting to the floor I would suggest you learn how far it extends downwards and time your jumps accordingly. Usually if you stand on top of an Excavator Mass Vitrify won't have any problem extending to the floor. 

If you know how to use her Ability you don't have that problem.

• Like 1