Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment suggestion for Revenant's 3rd ability

Zoh_Veldae

This thread will detail an augment suggestion for Revenant's 3rd ability "Reave".

I've been using Revenant more intently recently, and I really can't see why people dislike him so much. He looks cool, he works well in missions and his kit is fully utilized (an argument can be made for the Passive, but that's not what's being discussed now). In short, I really like the frame and its "ghost" themeing in his kit. Ever since they added the steering function to his Reave ability I haven't gone a mission without using it more than half the time. But I feel it needs something else to it, so this is my suggestion for an augment mod for it:

Name - Reaving Flight

(Exilus Mod)

Text - Reave Augment: Adds 4/6/8/10m of travel distance and allows three-dimensional steering.

I think the numbers are low enough to not require them to be tied to Ability Range and be a simple flat increase. It should also be an Exilus-type of mod, as it deals with a movement option, like Valkyr's Hysterical Assault or Mesa's Waltz. I'm going to be honest here: the travel distance increase is just there to justify adding ranks to the mod, the free steering is the real meat of this mod.

Just having the ability have a steering option while on solid ground still feels a bit stiff for the "ghost" themeing, so this augment should add the option of free movement in any direction, even upward or downward, reaving through the air in any angle to catch even more enemies (and look super cool). 

For now, this is all I can put in words. Any constructive criticism regarding the mod and its effects is appreciated.

Have a good one.

As someone who does enjoy 3d movement (yes I play archwing in experimental mode) I like the idea of this mod, but fail to see where it would be useful. Often we are in corridors, so the 3d movement would be rather harmful in that setting. In an open world, I guess it could be helpful, but in the end I fear such an augment would make this act like Wukongs 3, but, god to think, it would just be a worse wukong 3

1 minute ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

As someone who does enjoy 3d movement (yes I play archwing in experimental mode) I like the idea of this mod, but fail to see where it would be useful. Often we are in corridors, so the 3d movement would be rather harmful in that setting. In an open world, I guess it could be helpful, but in the end I fear such an augment would make this act like Wukongs 3, but, god to think, it would just be a worse wukong 3

Well, Rev's ability has very crisp turning, also since it's a mod, you can opt out of it. You're not forced like with Wukong's 3.

Why people dislike Revenant.

He May look like an Eidolon but he’s not an Eidolon frame. Why they decided a frame with 3 Eidolons and 2 sentients to work off of needed to be Vampire themed instead I will never know.

His abilities suck. Enthrall has no benefit to being cast as the thralls can be easily killed by teammates and the fact that all his major synergies are tied to it just cripples himself and his abilities. Mesmer sounded good on paper but in practice the low amount of charges in a game where you often find yourself being shot at by a lot of enemies at once makes it one of the worst tanking abilities in the game. Reave is ok, it’s mostly just a way to move fast while using his best ability. People have informed me of its capability to insta kill thralls, but building Rev for 250 str cripples his other stats and just isn’t worth building for. Danse Macabre, his best ability, is a surprisingly good Damage ability and is the only thing that keeps Rev from being complete trash. There’s also numerous contradictions within his kit where one abilities effect actively nullifies another abilities affect (like Danse Macabre destroying the damage pillars from dead thralls).

Honestly, I find Phantasma a better representation of the Eidolons and a far more practical piece of equipment than Revenant. And it’s just a gun.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301