Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave

VenomousValentine

Can we as players encourage DE to care more about conclave?

Think about it. Would you care as much about content drought if you could just play a legitimate pvp system with actual ranking, Incentive, and updating rewards? If they just put 10% of their effort into conclave each update it would be great. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but it would draw in more new players, give vets something to do instead of complain, and just add a whole new element to the game. 

Can we please as a community who wants to see the game stop stagnating encourage this. 

Please like this thread if you agree. 

• Like 7

Just now, VenomousValentine said:

Not when 99.9% of the community actually discourages them. 😛

PVP in Warframe is a big "No No". You should do some Search before posting, there are already topics like yours.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

That's my point. That's why I addressed the community instead of de themselves. 

Maybe pvp is not for you. That's okay. But even if you don't like it, it would be good for the game. It would make it do better as a whole which means more money for the things that you as a player DO want.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

Think about it. Would you care as much about content drought if you could just play a legitimate pvp system with actual ranking, Incentive, and updating rewards? If they just put 10% of their effort into conclave each update it would be great. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but it would draw in more new players, give vets something to do instead of complain, and just add a whole new element to the game. 

Can we please as a community who wants to see the game stop stagnating encourage this. 

Please like this thread if you agree. 

https://youtu.be/sq_Fm7qfRQk

Edited by Loxyen
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

PVP in Warframe is a big "No No". You should do some Search before posting, there are already topics like yours.

cringe posting is alive and well i see

• Like 3

hace 18 minutos, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

In a community with 42 millions of registered losers, that's still at least 420K players who care play the game and support it by spending their time and/or money in warframe. And even then you don't see any of those players hating on the mind numbing pve gameplay you enjoy.

Also it's really funny how the conclave populations jumps between 0.1% and around 5% depending on which PvE purist gives the value since none of them has actual data to back their numbers up.

You can stay out of it if it's a big "No No" for you, but it would be really nice if this "wonderful" community was acrually welcoming to players who enjoy different things that already exist in the game too. DE's work is for all of us to enjoy, not for a few to enjoy while bullying and sometimes even disrespecting those players who want to see warframe grow instead of watching it remain stuck in its current development cycle.

Edited by Remy_Lacroix
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

I urge you all to please not just S#&$ on this idea if you don't like pvp. There are plenty of people who do and they are completely neglected. 

Exactly and a hella lot quit Warframe entirely because of that reason. Meme S#&$ like "DE shouldn't waste time and ressources on pvp" is nonsense. When they gave Conclave some effort the playerbase was growing and literally exploded with these variant events back then. Now its considered as dead because they stopped investing more than minimal spare time effort into it for years to minimize their pve content draughts. Which makes ongoing pve changes that carry over into pvp so devastating, because they need ages to get properly balanced.

Some basics such as a server browser, spectator mode/ kill cam, return of Variants, etc would help the game aswell.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Loxyen said:

Some basics such as a server browser, spectator mode/ kill cam, return of Variants, etc would help the game aswell. 

Biweekly Opticor Variant right when Baro arrives, so we can have some Conclave salt with his Primed Disappointment? 😄

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

It hasn't been peer to peer for years... There are dedicated servers...

Edit: at least on PC

What do you mean dedicated servers? Where did you get this info from? As far as I can see its peer to peer (PC). And boi, peer to peer pvp is HORRIBLE!

• Like 1

The biggest hurdle with PvP in Warframe is the lack of balance between frames, and weapons.

DE tried with restricting powers and mods, but THOSE are what Warframe is all about. Removing all the hard work people have done in the game when they go to PvP is what turns them off. They WANT to use their frame powers, and put in all those hard to grind mods.

As is, PvP just turns into a parkour sniper fest.

Open world might work, but then there's going to be a LOT of butt hurt people getting owned, that think they shouldn't and then starts the whine fest.

Summary: Warframe is just not built for PvP. Sorry.

25 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

The biggest hurdle with PvP in Warframe is the lack of balance between frames, and weapons.

DE tried with restricting powers and mods, but THOSE are what Warframe is all about. Removing all the hard work people have done in the game when they go to PvP is what turns them off. They WANT to use their frame powers, and put in all those hard to grind mods.

Open world might work, but then there's going to be a LOT of butt hurt people getting owned, that think they shouldn't and then starts the whine fest.

Just because it's not balanced doesn't mean it couldnt be. Current pvp is fairly balanced. Not perfect by any means but you can pretty much take whatever you want and do fine with it if you're good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

Go do conclave right now. You will get notifications as to who owns the dedicated server every time.

Don't feel like doing conclaive. Then explain all the host migrations and laggy as hell missions when host has bad internet if you say that we have dedicated servers.

3 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

What do you mean dedicated servers? Where did you get this info from? As far as I can see its peer to peer (PC). And boi, peer to peer pvp is HORRIBLE!

They're hosted by players, but yes they're dedicated servers (headless, i.e. Warframe is running in the background). With the right settings they have superior latency to what you get in your regular missions:

Depending on who is offering their machine it can still be hit or miss, but some have professional-grade equipment I think.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

But even if you don't like it, it would be good for the game. It would make it do better as a whole which means more money for the things that you as a player DO want.

How do you know it would make it ultimately better as a whole? Or that it'd generate enough profit to justify not investing in other projects instead? DE has finite resources to work with each other, and they have to be selective about which projects they work on, and to a degree which ones they think will yield the most bang for their buck. DE invested in pvp at one time and it did not succeed to a degree they felt worth investing more in it, which is why we are where are with it. What makes you think pvp would have a different turn out this time around? Why is it worth allocating extra resources to that DE could otherwise place in more likely to succeed projects?

• Like 1

Just now, BrazilianJoe said:

I don't think it's the right call to just "ask people to try it out". It's just unfun in the current format. 

If it gets some new functionality rolled in though, then it might improve to the point it becomes fun again. Like Dark Sectors, minus the bugs and sector-locking.

And that's what I want. Im not asking people to try it, I'm asking people to encourage DE to change it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

You got it backwards, conclave is quite balanced and a new player with an mk1 braton and a veteran with a braton prime have the same chances to beat each other, leaving the game to pure mechanical skill, thing that isn't even needed in the unbalanced mind numbing pve experience offered by warframe.

The skill ceiling in warframe makes up for an amazing pvp, the issue is that the average PvE player seems to be happy with reaching warframe's nonexistant skill floor.

Edited by ----Legacy----
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, VenomousValentine said:

Were you on private with other people?

I don't get host migrations.

2 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

They're hosted by players, but yes they're dedicated servers (headless, i.e. Warframe is running in the background). With the right settings they have superior latency to what you get in your regular missions:

Depending on who is offering their machine it can still be hit or miss, but some have professional-grade equipment I think.

So it's onky conclaive that has "dedicated" servers but game it self is runing peer to peer, got it, thanks