Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo causing players stress

AshenBaroque

Limbo is an amazing frame with one major drawback, the people you're with.

The issue lies in it not being clear enough for non limbo players whether or not they or their target is in the rift. This leads to frustration and in turn causes people to have a general distaste and discomfort around limbo players. (among other more player specific issues i'm sure)

I would like to suggest making the rift look more obvious, possibly with a MUCH more obvious particle set, give it that 'Silent Hill as night arrives' look. force it to add decals or some kind of effect beyond just cell shading and a filter. We need to make it painfully obvious that they aren't in Kansas anymore.

I love limbo, i love his abilities, i hate the stigma.

Edit: I would love it if people could stop using this as a hate thread. I understand that it's fashionable for the unstudied to hate limbo and his respective players. Having read the script above this please stay on topic and don't be like Dan.

Edited by AshenBaroque
  • Like 6

This ought to be in Warframe Feedback. I feel particularly compelled to say this because:

Yes.

So much yes.

Another thought is perhaps partial transparency cross rift? Enough that they can be seen, but also makes it abundantly clear that they're not 'there'.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I agree with the title, even had to vomit at one point playing with a limbo. Team and limbo does not work in one sentence. It'll be years until it's changed.

Well, he IS getting a deluxe soon. Frames often get a look when that happens.

Maybe our voices will be heard?

15 часов назад, AshenBaroque сказал:

We need to make it painfully obvious that they aren't in Kansas anymore.

As long as this is a figure of speech and not “my eyes are bleeding” effects like Vaughan Bastille, non-black Frost Snow Globe, Limbo neon Cataclysm, Loki Invisibility’s with color correction on or Eidolon light show.

DE loves their particles too much.

Edited by rand0mname

20 minutes ago, AshenBaroque said:

The issue lies in it not being clear enough for non limbo players whether or not they or their target is in the rift. This leads to frustration and in turn causes people to have a general distaste and discomfort around limbo players. (among other more player specific issues i'm sure)

I would like to suggest making the rift look more obvious, possibly with a MUCH more obvious particle set, give it that 'Silent Hill as night arrives' look. force it to add decals or some kind of effect beyond just cell shading and a filter. We need to make it painfully obvious that they aren't in Kansas anymore.

Before the time of the Limbo rework, people complained that the effect took up too much of the screen and was really annoying. After the rework they toned it down alot to suit the player's needs. You will have people complaining either way and I don't know if a middle option is possible.

40 minutes ago, AshenBaroque said:

The one Limbo thread I've read in a long time that is absolutely reasonable.  I agree and thank you.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

limbo could just stop banishing everything, problem solved 

brought to you, clearly, by the person who suggests Trinity should stop using Bless.

Anyway, you actually want Limbo to banish the mobs to the Rift if you are in a Cataclysm.

OP, if you are using Rift Surge it should be pretty clear what mobs are and aren't in the rift because they have a spiraling line circling them, That said, when I haven't been the Limbo in question, I could figure out even the ones... well that I wouldn't be able to tell, simply because I couldn't damage them outside of it.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

12 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

There's been quite a lot of Limbo Topics lately, here's the quick QOL Fixes

• Banished Targets have a ghost/ethereal visual to them outside the Rift.
    • Banish No Longer Works On Players
    • Rift Wake (Passive) is removed

Enjoy

But I like those last two...

They're great when a Limbo player drops it on someone who needs energy or during a nightmare mission, keeping the team invulnerable. 

• Like 1

Just now, SpicyDinosaur said:

brought to you, clearly, by the person who suggests Trinity should stop using Bless.

Anyway, you actually want Limbo to banish the mobs to the Rift if you are in a Cataclysm.

OP, if you are using Rift Surge it should be pretty clear what mobs are and aren't in the rift because they have a spiraling line circling them, That said, when I haven't been the Limbo in question, I could figure out even the ones... well that I wouldn't be able to tell, simply because I couldn't damage them outside of it.

why not , not like i need it to survive as a trin 

banishing in cataclysm is fine , problem is the spread rate outside it , and id say 90% of limbos i met have zero clue what they are doing with their powers, hes not intuitive to pickup and play . it took me a while to get hang of it, but honestly just casting powers in a controlled manner and being active can curb the issues. again problem is most dont..

a small range limbo can be useful with defs missions or targets to lock them out of damage. but i could have used gara, nyx, or frost also and be more offensive if i wanted to focus on def

the problem is hes overly focused on banish within the kit, most of the powers directly relate to each other in a way thats redundant previously, the update to the kit helps but still has problems , like how nyx chaos and mindcontrol are redundant 

people also tend to troll banish players and targets, or are not able to kill the enemies they banish and it makes things take longer because of it. so it becomes frustrating to those waiting on "the limbo" 

personally his powers hurt my eyes, so i just typically leave unless i know the player using said limbo , i dont have to play with them so i dont

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

or use 4 ....

I dislike how Cataclysm works and I play Limbo more than any other frame.  It should be looked into at the very least when DE is finished working with frames like Ember, Vauban, and Wukong.

1 minute ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I wish that enemies are not invulnerable when Limbo uses his abilities, but unfortunately other players cannot enjoyed when he uses abilities.

Tbh always when I see Limbo in my squad I immediately abort mission. 😐

They're not invulnerable.  You can still use your abilities on Riftbound enemies.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I dislike how Cataclysm works and I play Limbo more than any other frame.  It should be looked into at the very least when DE is finished working with frames like Ember, Vauban, and Wukong.

They're not invulnerable.  You can still use your abilities on Riftbound enemies.

there is a difference to cataclysm as it provided team usefulness, if you adjust the range to affect the zone you can infact dps/kps effectively its a pinpoint zone of banish that also provides energy and easy to cast/decast on fly. also a clear marker zone for what enemies are affected 

spam casting limbos 1 is ineffective in team squads and this is the difference between solo/squad play, most players are not geared to play well with others as a limbo 

1 minute ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I can use abilities and melee no doubt, but I cant use my Primary and Secondary weapon. 😉

^this

25 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

why not , not like i need it to survive as a trin 

banishing in cataclysm is fine , problem is the spread rate outside it , and id say 90% of limbos i met have zero clue what they are doing with their powers, hes not intuitive to pickup and play . it took me a while to get hang of it, but honestly just casting powers in a controlled manner and being active can curb the issues. again problem is most dont..

a small range limbo can be useful with defs missions or targets to lock them out of damage. but i could have used gara, nyx, or frost also and be more offensive if i wanted to focus on def

the problem is hes overly focused on banish within the kit, most of the powers directly relate to each other in a way thats redundant previously, the update to the kit helps but still has problems , like how nyx chaos and mindcontrol are redundant 

people also tend to troll banish players and targets, or are not able to kill the enemies they banish and it makes things take longer because of it. so it becomes frustrating to those waiting on "the limbo" 

personally his powers hurt my eyes, so i just typically leave unless i know the player using said limbo , i dont have to play with them so i dont

I mostly just wanted to say than banishing a mob while it is in the cataclysm would put it in the prime material plane, ironically making it unhittable while in the cataclysm ^___^

Anyway, people get mad at me because they walk into the rift I leave behind, forgetting that I have to dodge in and out because I am squishy.

People need to learn how to roll

5 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I mostly just wanted to say than banishing a mob while it is in the cataclysm would put it in the prime material plane, ironically making it unhittable while in the cataclysm ^___^

Anyway, people get mad at me because they walk into the rift I leave behind, forgetting that I have to dodge in and out because I am squishy.

Image result for thinking emoji why should others have to cater to your limbo is beyond me, this could lead to pk the limbos until they cant revive 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

we all do know how to do this and most go as far as bind this function on their multi button mouse, the fact is its just better to not play with a limbo in a team because he's simply not a team oriented frame no matter how hard you try to make it/him look good.

this is a game of fast interactions, limbo hinders those and slows it down<> there is no such thing as a good limbo player in a team, I haven't come across any since he was released they are proned to f-up as time goes on and the battle gets intense.

• Like 1