Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lag/Performance issues And Crashes

(NSW)Lavi

Sometimes when playing with other players the game will take a very long time to load, to the point where I'm the last to load in. Sometimes the game is incredibly choppy too when it first starts/loads in. Like frame-by-frame bad. Sometimes it's hilariously choppy when a lot of us are using abilities (I use Mirage Prime with a Panthera and multi-shot so there is *a lot* of blades flying all over the screen), combine that with 3 other people and enemies and some missions get super crusty at points.

The lag is pretty frustrating when it happens. It's not all the time, it seems to be with certain players. I have good Wi-Fi, I'm right by the modem so it should be incredibly strong (it is for Splatoon 2 and I've played that for 700+ hours), but sometimes enemies will jump/stutter badly, doors will be closed for me yet other players will go through them right in front of me. Sometimes areas will just not 'load' and be a black void for a long time (the door will be open but it's a black void). Sometimes I can't even use my warframe's abilities or if they happen they're severely delayed. Maybe a LAN adaptor would fix some of the lag? It's unbearable in longer missions with other people, to the point where I just leave. Sometimes it'll lag so bad that I leave, go and pick another mission, get a team, 0 lag. Is it because it's P2P?

Oh yeah, we also gotta bring up crashes. So. Many. Crashes. Does not matter what I'm doing, any kind of mission, in my orbiter, in Cetus/plains. On a mission results screen. They happen without any consistent warning. 

It makes longer missions very anxiety-inducing because the crashes are rather frequent, and in long survival/excavation missions there is usually atleast a crash or two from my teammates.

I even crashed on the relic reward screen once, unable to select any of the other prizes and was just given the one my relic gave. Really hope that doesn't happen when you're radsharing.

It doesn't seem to be from anything I can replicate. I can boot the game up for 10 minutes and get a crash, or I could go several hours without one.

Also had a crash that made me have to hard reset the switch. Was just in the middle of a regular mission. 

Edited by (NSW)Lavi

It really is a pain. I just lost a 30 mins run of affinity due to a crash. In the wave 14 I crashed and when re-entered I had lost every single point of affinity. 200k affinity points thrown away because of a bug. I'd like to get Fortuna on Switch but Jesus, fix the crashes first. They are way too frequent. We're talking about 3-4 crashes a day, sometimes even more. It's not just something that may happen once, you are certain that it will happen. Right now, going for a 40 mins survival run or relic cracking is impossible.

I just got a hard crash on the switch when going to name my new Kavat. I left it on the naming screen for maybe 3 minutes, came back, an error has occured please press power on the switch yadda.

I had just booted up the game too. It's incredibly infuriating how frequent the crashes are. I'm not looking forward to Fortuna unless they fix the frequent crashes ;_;

Also I have a very large SD on my switch and yea, it still crashes quite a lot.

Just crashed during the last mission of the sortie. Please, please fix the crashes

I guess I'll just keep adding what I come across.. I've had this glitch a couple times where a door will just not open anymore, usually when I am the last person to try to use it. It's happened twice in the void, in the long rooms with death orbs. The once open-able doors will just not open anymore forcing me to leave the mission or wait for my team to extract. I'm stuck in there and unstuck does nothing.

Edited by (NSW)Lavi
adding more relevant information

It’s honestly strange how frequent your game crashes. In the 300 hours I’ve played so far I’ve only had one crash. I mean even in your orbiter and during normal missions?? Strange. Could it be your connection? Maybe it isn’t stable. You might also want to try disabling those intense in-game graphical settings, I don’t have my Switch in front of me so I can’t list them now. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula

It's definitely a bug a lot of people have been reporting so it's not just me, unfortunately. I got a hard crash just by going to name my Kavat, I get a crash atleast once a day, sometimes more. I play this game a little too much myself haha. I've disabled most of the fancy settings and my switch is from June so I'd like to hope it's not defective in any way; no other game has caused this and I've played splatoon for nearly 700 hours. I also close the game and re-open incase it's a memory leak. DE is aware of it atleast? So hopefully it'll get all cleared up soon. :[

i did fun with no lag if you motion blur off and gpu particles medium set you get no lag and you get more loading forward thx to you 

On 2019-01-20 at 6:13 PM, (NSW)MrDerpHerpin said:

Idk if this'll work for you but have you tried turning motion blur off and setting gpu particles to medium?

Edited by (NSW)darthsidious

Since Fortuna update, the game is crashing a lot more, suddenly a black screen with Nintendo message saying game is not working are there and you don’t know why lol!!!!

It happens everywhere, menus, in game, in PoE, during misiona, but mainly when chatting.

Please solve this asap!

Thanks!

I've also encountered semi-frequent crashes (usually once or twice in a 12 hour sitting). I've encountered these issues since I mainly run endless fissures, otherwise it's fine (unless it's PoE or Orb Vallis). I'd say I crash about 20-30% of the time if I try to go for a full 1 hour run. Hopefully someone is working on fixing that up. Kind of a shame, since once you really hit end-end-game you can do hours of survival. No point with the promise of a crash.

Fortunately when I've crashed most recently in Orb Vallis, I did recover my bounty rewards. But the crashing issues are obviously a problem. I crashed on Orb Vallis 3x yesterday.