Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duel wielding 2 hands swords

Genesix6

1 minute ago, TheRealShade said:

Just because you can run with a 2-handed sword in both hands doesn't mean you can swing around 2 of them, 1 in each hand.

What? If you run with 2 handed weapon the running spped will be different than running with 1 hand weapon, if its the same speed, it means that the 2 handed is being wielded with ease

Just now, Genesix6 said:

What? If you run with 2 handed weapon the running spped will be different than running with 1 hand weapon, if its the same speed, it means that the 2 handed is being wielded with ease

We also run at the same speed whether we are carrying a Ceramic Dagger or a Gram but we sure as hell don't swing them at the same speed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

We also run at the same speed whether we are carrying a Ceramic Dagger or a Gram but we sure as hell don't swing them at the same speed.

True but that's because each weapon has different attack speed. I mean you can create a zaw dagger with the speed 0.733 (balla+korb+vargeet ruhang ll) boom the slowest dagger ever. Even Galatine prime has the same attack as the ceramic dagger for some weird reason

Edited by Genesix6

Just now, Genesix6 said:

True but that's because each has different attack speed. I mean you can create a zaw dagger with the speed 0.733 (balla+korb+vargeet ruhang ll) boom the slowest dagger ever

And what kind of animations would that Titan's Grip use and not look ridiculous while swinging 2 galatines at once tho?

As to answer simply why we have the same movement speed with all weapons:

Consistency in freedom of choice

Convenience in coding

Players would meta to the smallest fastest weapons so they can maintain maximum freedom of movement, leaving big slow weapons to gather dust

36 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

we should be able to duel wield a two hand swords

I've seen similar threads about machine guns, where people insisted that we need new weapon category that "look" and "feel" like a classic video game machine gun and they don't care if it will suck compared to normal meta weps. Guess who were the first to whine "WTF is wrong with atmosphere arch-guns! They can't outdamage primary even without a riven"?

Just saying that "we need X" or "we should have Y in Warframe" are NOT valid reasons for something.

Edited by Syasob

2 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

And what kind of animations would that Titan's Grip use and not look ridiculous while swinging 2 galatines at once tho?

As to answer simply why we have the same movement speed with all weapons:

Consistency in freedom of choice

Convenience in coding

Players would meta to the smallest fastest weapons so they can maintain maximum freedom of movement, leaving big slow weapons to gather dust

What look ridiculous? We have a stance that is basically a fidget spinner, we have a stance that basically for a Fan weapon, Jokes aside. 

Combine carving mantis with dark souls 3 paired greatsword moveset.

while I'm sure the idea of going double-Claymore style might be appealing, I don't think this is on the cards. historically, one of the main reasons for only dual-wielding short blades was that they were less likely to clash with each other or get entangled with an opponent while fighting. dual wielding two full length Greatswords would be way too cumbersome, you'd be tired after a couple of swings.

while we don't have to worry about this too much in warframe, I still think it's look too silly for me. even in full blown Fantasy games like Monster Hunter, dual wielded blades are still much shorter and smaller than their two-handed counterparts.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

15 hours ago, Myscho said:

Galatine Prime in each hand, nah, op much

forget that moment i can dual wield gunblades sarpa in one redeemer in the other i will be leaving nothing but death in my wake, that said it would be nice to beable to forgo using either a primary or a secondary and take anohter melee of choice into the map with you, even though i would need to rank up some duplicate melee mods it would still be a fun change of pace.