Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-drive falls and fails

VimTan

My main problem here is the falls which of course is worsened by the ragdolling. I’ve fallen off the kdrive while going a normal speed both forward and sideways with nothing in sight to knock me down, this includes inclines and declines. Likewise whenever I land on water without being extra careful; even though I’m on my kdrive and haven’t fallen off, the game believes I’ve taken a plunge. Then K drive ragdolling is ridiculous, I’ve no idea what could replace it but falling off and being propelled halfway across the plains is silly. Also, trick fails are bothersome. The slightest bump or fall botches it which also makes doing tricks in the plains a good bit difficult as the plains wasn’t designed with kdrives in mind.

On 2019-01-17 at 9:42 PM, [DE]Helen said:

It sounds like you're experiencing a bug! You shouldn't have that much trouble staying on your K-Drive. You can expect a fix in an upcoming Hotfix soon!

Quite a few more bugs actually. Don't know exactly when, but k-drives have become increassingly more difficult to stand on.

I don't remember the update that caused this but now small bumps and falling to the ground while holding the left mouse (to do the poses on k-drive) knocks you out of the k-drive and you're usually goin' at a fast speed, meaning you're shot across the map as a bullet afterwards.

Also, I've noticed that the time-window we have for doing tricks and hitting the ground + causing us to fail the trick and ragdoll has shortened. What do I mean with this? Usually when I hold the charge jump and then jump really high with the k-drive, I could perhaps stick inbetween the falling atleast 5 to 7 tricks. Now I do 3 tricks, and if I dare to do the 4th trick, my warframe will ragdoll out of the k-drive.

It's definitely killin' the fun with the k-drive, and I'm glad DE is tryin' to fix the situation! K-drives are extremely fun to use, but they really aren't that much fun when you're constantly falling down for no reason whatsoever.

• Like 1

• personally i think theres too many ways to dismount the k-drive, so its a lack of features and alternate purpose; you know i have a really good idea to change k-drives into a mechanic pet, megaman came colose to my concept idea, but i think more than just a transforming skatedog would be posible to do a weapon and other tools or options for archwing and k-drive to be more exciting.
  • someexamples: a bird k-drive transformer, drops from above, dealing damage if enemies are near its operator and could also be used to collect resources, or shoot, and its own abilities, relay and ship upgrade tables, conclave and pvp/pve, npc enthusiast refreshing cetus, and alerts.
Edited by (PS4)santospizarro
k-drive abilities and transformations.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-20 at 4:59 PM, devildevil21 said:

Quite a few more bugs actually. Don't know exactly when, but k-drives have become increassingly more difficult to stand on.

This happened right when they introduced the "you fall off less" mod for k-drives. I guess that someone noticed that this mod was utterly pointless and then took a sledgehammer to your stability to "compensate" (as opposed to just not introducing the mod in the first place).

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

This happened right when they introduced the "you fall off less" mod for k-drives. I guess that someone noticed that this mod was utterly pointless and then took a sledgehammer to your stability to "compensate" (as opposed to just not introducing the mod in the first place).

So that's the cause.. ugh, it's so annoying!

For example, in PoE. If I went against a wall or a big rock I'd fall. Now, if there's even the SLIGHTEST bump on the floor I'll fall down. No chance whatsoever to avoid falling <.<

16 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

So that's the cause.. ugh, it's so annoying!

For example, in PoE. If I went against a wall or a big rock I'd fall. Now, if there's even the SLIGHTEST bump on the floor I'll fall down. No chance whatsoever to avoid falling <.<

And can we reduce the amount of ragdolling when we fall? Can't it just let us fall off the k-drive and not shoot us out for miles 😣
A few tumble and roll is okay 

Sometimes I ragdoll, but the worse one is the instant death on dismount. Not ragdoll into something and die, not fall off and get shot while down, none of that. Instant death on dismount. Goes to revive screen (or if solo death screen).