Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.8

[DE]Megan

On 2019-01-15 at 3:46 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed inability to Dissolve Rivens due to them not remaining selected when logging in with over max capacity Rivens. 

yeah, great.... how about we get more space for the rivens? i would even pay double for it...

seriously, i want one riven for every weapon there is, so 90 is far small an amount.

On 2019-01-15 at 8:46 AM, [DE]Megan said:

As mentioned back in June 2018, Warframe’s Minimum Supported Specs will change to Windows 7, 64-bit operating systems, and DirectX 10 capable graphics cards in mid-February 2019.

I know that this is a typical move from the OS Developers as they are attempting to clean up older versions of the code by forcing the more obdurate of the community that have adamantly refused to update their design packages, but since this has been going on behind the scenes with DE and Warframe I have to say that there's been really weird lag spikes going on with the game on all tile sets since this is becoming more prevalent and since end of December 2018. 

I'm not sure if it's the code clean up behind the scenes on the back-end servers, slow code changes being introduced within the game client, or a combination of the two, but there have been the sort of hesitant moments where it's making me feel like there's an oncoming Host Migration.  The client seems to normalize after a while but seems to be repeatable most of the time in the same locations in the mission map.  

And to cover my bases, I can confirm all drivers on my system are up to date and I have performed the routine file verifications and clean up and the issue remains.  

Reverted the recent Helios scanning changes to restore its ability to scan collectibles (Thousand-Year Fish, Fortuna Lore Fragments, etc). After much player and internal feedback, we’re keeping this a ‘bug turned feature’. 

This will be one of the few times that I will publicly thank you for your changes. 

Thank you from the most sincere parts of me. 

Thanks to cooler heads prevailing, it reminded me to emulate that position...  May this keep up in 2019.

Now for some of the problems I've been experiencing since the update:

Ambient/Battle music on Sanctuary Onslaught/Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.  Sometimes it's completely silent giving the mission a rather eerie/unfamiliar feel to it because I've gotten rather used to the ambient music.  Other times it's so low, it makes me double check to see if I had accidentally changed my audio configuration (I didn't, but that's sort of game breaking if I have to check it routinely).  Seems to be only on SO/ESO as I do normal missions and ambient music is set back to normal.  

Host Migration continues to be a problem in working with servers outside of one's country/region and I'm beginning to notice an increase in occurrences.  So much so that I'm finding that I can no longer play with folk in the European Arena and had to migrate back to the United States because of it.  While I would like to think it's not because I had moved 1,400+ miles (2,400+ km) and one time zone south and west from where I used to live, I can verify that I can maintain good connections to my friends and yet see Host Migrations occurring while having no issues continuing to talk with them in Discord.  

Archwing and Uranus Submersible parts of a mission.  While I was here when you accidentally knackered up the boost ability with Archwings in Orb Vallis, I'm not entirely sure I remember ever seeing this addressed for the Submersible parts of Uranus Missions.  While you have been able to fix the issues with boosting in the air on Cetus, Vallis and Archwing Missions within the Origin System Tilesets, boost still refuses to operate while in submersible mode.  I would think we should be able to speed up our underwater experiences for as it currently stands I feel like I'm using a sea scooter with about the same amount of speed (1 mph/3 kph).  And in case you folk might not know what I mean, this is a sea scooter:

yamaha-seascooter-rds250.png

Fixed clients who already completed a particular Kuva Siphon/Flood mission being able to re-earn the same Kuva reward by joining any Host that hasn't completed said mission yet.

While I have never experienced this glitch, let alone taken advantage of it in my time playing the game, it's raising a question based on the feedback within this forum post, it's raising a question.  The question I have is, by patching the exploit are you truly addressing the issue of Kuva Collections and the exorbitant Platinum requirements for Riven Sales by making Kuva Collection a soul crushing grind?  Or are you simply turning this into the elephant in the room no one wants to truly talk about?  

8 minutes ago, TopSpeed said:

Increased the reward chance of Gyromag, Atmo and Repeller Systems from Profit-Taker Bounties.

no i dont think this is buffed at all Repeller Systems 

In the last two nights, I did an average of 20 missions (Profit-Taker Phase2),

and in those missions I won a total of 30 Gyromag systems, 0 Atmo systems and 3 Repeller systems.

So I do not believe that these rewards are balanced!!!

And I would also like to remind, that at PROFILE / CHALLENGERS Vallis Spelunker,

continues to score just 28 of the 30 caves already explored...

even if you are exploring them all again, always show at 28 caves!!!

Am 15.1.2019 um 20:04 schrieb Slayer-.:

The effects are awesome I agree, have you tried running on different video settings, (mine are at max), I see what you mean but I find it ok, though maybe get rid of the white flash that fills the screen as the shot goes off would fix that problem for players with sensitivity to that brief flash.

I did try to adjust my settings. Bloom, Color Correction etc. but the effect seems to be fixed to the weapons animation and doesnt seem to be affected by graphics settings at all.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:21 PM, Descent-of-Damocles said:

Why is this a bug and not a feature? I don't even use that exploit and I can say that respawning nodes every hour is insufficient. There are often times when I wait 30 minutes before the next wave of missions spawn because there simply isn't enough missions to do. I can't get enough kuva, and even when I do, I get discouraged DE will nerf dispo anyways. There's really no reason to take this game seriously as balance isn't an issue, it's lack of community thought. We all one shot enemies anyway, we just want bigger numbers because it feels nice to play. Nerfing things is simply retroactive and instead of thinking nerfs, they need to start buffing alternatives. Only then will we get better things to do, and DE makes more money without making new content. 

That is your opinion. Some things in game should be long term goals, not get it all in a week and be done. Kuva is one of them. Regardless of what you want or don't want the missions are currently timed. That's is DE's decision. Making them timed for SOME people and not others can't stand. That will kill a community. Fairness is a thing.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, Nirrel said:

lol, who are you to tell ppl how they should play the game. Your point is totally wrong because I can still get kuva after finishing all the siphons because I can go on with the kuva survival, wich depending the type of missions you have avaible and considering loading times could even yield more kuva in practice. So yes, the developers gave me the possibility to constaearn kuva to roll as many time I can or want. Really being able to do siphons constanly or playing survival for an hour doesn't make much of a difference in kuva quantity, it only makes a real difference as gameplay preference. So the only ppl who gets penalized are those who prefer short missions and have a break in between.

I'm not, DE is. That's the game design. You aren't supposed to do lots of Kuva floods over and over to get lots of Kuva, that's why the put the limitation in, and that's why they enforced it with this change.  Kuva floods are generally faster than kuva survival. You can take issue with DE's logic over it all you want but it's there, and it's the choice they made.  Yelling at them for closing a loophole that allowed some players to bypass the limitation they put on all players is silly.

Just now, Shockwave- said:

I'm not, DE is. That's the game design. You aren't supposed to do lots of Kuva floods over and over to get lots of Kuva, that's why the put the limitation in, and that's why they enforced it with this change.  Kuva floods are generally faster than kuva survival. You can take issue with DE's logic over it all you want but it's there, and it's the choice they made.  Yelling at them for closing a loophole that allowed some players to bypass the limitation they put on all players is silly.

29 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

That will kill a community. Fairness is a thing.

Aren't you slightly exagerating? Sorry, but after 2 years that you could exploit this the community is still here and kicking. Doesn't seem to me that this is what kills the community.

With the loophole you sure got more kuva if propely exploited it , but not even that significantly much to get such an unfair advantage.  The majority of ppl was just playing it normally like me, making friends putting up a couple of more siphons every now and then and chatting while grinding together. Now if somebody put up one that the others have already done they will just leave.

So, I do "yell" at them, because making floods/siphons avaible for everybody always would have been the best nad easiest thing to do. On one part because right now if you have an hour to play, you have no choice if to do single missions or go for survival. Not everybody wanna play endless even if it gives you more than just siphons. On the other they just taken away a nice social element of the kuva grind as a sideeffect of this fix without a good enough reason.

Being able to have one or 2 more rng rolls on your riven is just not gamebreaking by any standard. 3 floods = only a single roll (what lot's of kuva?) and it could have been even avoided just lowering the kuva quantity obtainable on floods and making the floods avaible only on longer missions.

I do find this fix just silly considering the whole picture, not because it didn't need a fix, but because they just made kuva grind worst for the majority of players, who were not "exploiting" anything just to avoid that players could get a couple of more rolls.

3 hours ago, Shockwave- said:

That is your opinion. Some things in game should be long term goals, not get it all in a week and be done. Kuva is one of them. Regardless of what you want or don't want the missions are currently timed. That's is DE's decision. Making them timed for SOME people and not others can't stand. That will kill a community. Fairness is a thing.

Did I mention something discriminatory? I asked why can we all have these nice things? Maybe read next time? 

Archived