Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.8

[DE]Megan

22 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

That's because it's an exploit. They've fixed similar problems in the past.

Riven prices just got ten feet higher. DE knows what they're doing, and it should upset all players that anti-player "fixes" keep happening but they can't even fix the waypoint system or the endless list of bugs.

1 minute ago, Feltal said:

Riven prices just got ten feet higher. DE knows what they're doing, and it should upset all players that anti-player "fixes" keep happening but they can't even fix the waypoint system or the endless list of bugs.

Doesn't matter. It's still an exploit and needed fixing. What you should be asking, is what they'll do to officially fix the OVERALL problem. Right now, they're just plugging a loophole in their system, which is what they're supposed to be doing.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed clients who already completed a particular Kuva Siphon/Flood mission being able to re-earn the same Kuva reward by joining any Host that hasn't completed said mission yet. 

Fun [DE]tected. Guess someone was jelly of the Kuva.

1 minute ago, SoulEchelon said:

Doesn't matter. It's still an exploit and needed fixing. What you should be asking, is what they'll do to officially fix the OVERALL problem. Right now, they're just plugging a loophole in their system, which is what they're supposed to be doing.

It's the only activity in the game where you can grind for hours and end up with nothing. It should have been the least of their worries, or just remove rivens until they can do them right. What we have right now is worse than the kubrow slot machine.

5 minutes ago, Feltal said:

It's the only activity in the game where you can grind for hours and end up with nothing. It should have been the least of their worries, or just remove rivens until they can do them right. What we have right now is worse than the kubrow slot machine.

You can keep complaining, it won't change the fact that it was an exploit and needed fixing.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mesa Changes & Fixes:

• Added missing offsets for Mesa Presidio on some Armor sets so that when the Skin is equipped on Mesa Prime, the proper offsets are used.
  • Adjusted the texture weight of Mesa’s rear area to avoid collapsing. 
  • Further improvements towards Mesa Prime’s Attachments when enabled on TennoGen Skins, equipping Emblems, and overall texture issues.

Secondary weapons still have the wrong offset when holstered.

Spoiler

NuhRbhf.jpg

24 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

I see what you are saying, but still... after 2 years it seems ridicolous. For 2 years it didn't matter now it does. Or we roll with the possibility that they are so incompetent that they couldn't fix something like this 2 years ago? I don't think so. It would have made sense to do it immediately before other ways to get kuva came out. With survival out it isn't a real proper time limited mission anymore. Even if you exploit floods how much more you can get? A roll or 2 depending on loading times and type of mission? It isn't much of an exploit if you ask me, much work for not a substantial return for it.  So if they wanted to get rid of the exploit they should have just made siphons avaible always and than make floods avaible every 10 minutes so ppl could have done higher level missions always if they have chosen so and lower the reward just a bit to level it with survival a bit more and after make it so that you can do flood only once in that time period. Not much work and everybody would have been happy.

Ever since the minimum requirements changed I dropped 10 frames and (even in my orbiter) increased ram usage buy about 200 MB, could any back-end optimizations be done to this? Btw I used to have on medium particles and the film grain (only because I like Fortuna) Now I have NOTHING. All low settings, Please help!

46 minutes ago, schottlander said:

I dont know if this is the correct Thread to post a suggestion but here goes:

Redeemer Prime Charged attacks: The flash when fireing the weapon is too bright. It makes the entire screen white for 0.5 seconds which is very uncomfortable to me.
It's actually the reason I dont use it currently.

The effect is pretty awesome, giving the impression that the shot breaches the sound barrier with its amazing power but it comes at the cost of blinding the user.
Maybe scale the effect down to the regular redeemers effect for a more user friendly killing experience.

The effects are awesome I agree, have you tried running on different video settings, (mine are at max), I see what you mean but I find it ok, though maybe get rid of the white flash that fills the screen as the shot goes off would fix that problem for players with sensitivity to that brief flash.

1 minute ago, Nirrel said:

I see what you are saying, but still... after 2 years it seems ridicolous. For 2 years it didn't matter now it does. Or we roll with the possibility that they are so incompetent that they couldn't fix something like this 2 years ago? I don't think so. I would have made sense to do it immediately before other ways to get kuva came out. With survival out it isn't a real proper time limited mission anymore. Even if you exploit flood how much more you can get? A roll or 2 depending on loading times and type of mission? It isn't much of an exploit if you ask me, much work for not a substantial return for it.  So if they wanted to get rid of the exploit they should have just made siphons avaible always and than make floods avaible every 10 minutes so ppl could have done higher level missions always if they have chosen so and lower the reward just a bit to level it with survival a bit more and after make it so that you can do flood only once in that time period. Not much work and everybody would have been happy.

Look, I don't even like the system itself. I hate Rivens and all they stand for. They're just an RNG treadmill implemented as a pseudo "endgame" for people to grind hours upon days upon weeks to HOPEFULLY get the chance at getting a mod that destroys the already broken balance this game has.

All I'm saying, is wouldn't you rather have an official fix to your farming problem instead of abusing an exploit? This fix will bring to light many of the players' ire towards the riven system in general, and will push DE to change it to be less grindy. It's a cycle. They implement a system. Players find fault in the system and figure out ways to circumvent it via loopholes and whatnot. DE fixes the loophole. Players get enraged and demand change. DE compromises. We are currently in the "De fixed the loophole" phase.

57 minutes ago, schottlander said:

I dont know if this is the correct Thread to post a suggestion but here goes:

Redeemer Prime Charged attacks: The flash when fireing the weapon is too bright. It makes the entire screen white for 0.5 seconds which is very uncomfortable to me.
It's actually the reason I dont use it currently.

The effect is pretty awesome, giving the impression that the shot breaches the sound barrier with its amazing power but it comes at the cost of blinding the user.
Maybe scale the effect down to the regular redeemers effect for a more user friendly killing experience.

ALSO, can someone tone down the light on the staticor? I understand the nerfs, they were a favorite of mine but they NEEDED them. But with this 'welders flash' I had to change the color of mine from yellow to red because it was actually affecting my eyes/gameplay. I also talked to a close clan mate of mine and someone used them to keep his screen white (hes got a high quality setup). So could you guys please tweak that out of necessity?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Titania Changes:

• Titania’s Razorflies will now gain Health when Titania kills enemies while in Razorwing. 
  • Increased Titania’s Thorns/Entangle Tribute Range from 10m to 30m.

Thank you for the many bug fixes, but the Razorflies are still fragile. In fact I can't see any improvement at all.

Entangle range is nice, but to be honest it's stil only minor effective debuff...let's not talk about thorns...*sigh*

Ctrl + F for Buzlok, no fixes listed. PLEASE, the regular firing mode has been bugged since Chimera.

Fixed clients who already completed a particular Kuva Siphon/Flood mission being able to re-earn the same Kuva reward by joining any Host that hasn't completed said mission yet.

Perhaps could you lower drastically the maximum time it can take to reset the Kuva missions? There's been times that I saw it took far too long to reset (like, more than 30 minutes). Or maybe even make it so we could select between Siphon or Flood because at this point the reset is just delaying us needlessly (if you have a fairly limited time to play you might as well only be able to get into 1 flood, and Siphon are quite boring due to low level and low return).

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed ability to skip the Trading confirmation wait time by hitting the spacebar.

No no no...

Give us back our 3 seconds it is annoying to wait for it after confirming 2 times then wait 3 sec then confirm the 3rd time.

Hi. 

Can we get an option in the arsenal to mark items as favorites so they can appear at the top of the selection list?

For example, if you really like Harrow, but you have many other maxed frames, finding harrow is sometimes a little annoying.  If we could get an option to mark it with a star or something, and have it appear above other frames in selection and have a drop down option to have favorites appear first the same way you can make frames that have higher usage time appear first, it would be appreciated by players, I think.

Nice work, BTW.  You're doing some real good work.

Titania Changes:

• Titania’s Razorflies will now gain Health when Titania kills enemies while in Razorwing. 
  • Increased Titania’s Thorns/Entangle Tribute Range from 10m to 30m.

Instead of regenerating health for Razorflies, how about creating new ones? They can't survive higher level bursts of damage.

Range may seem nice on the Tribute Auras, but why are they not affected by mods? Just look at Octavia!

Finally, another reminder to increase Titania's casting animations since there's not a single good reason that warrants why her animations are that slow.

Adjusted the texture weight of Mesa’s rear area to avoid collapsing.

tenor.gif?itemid=3547414

They say you can't rush perfection, and that's proven true again. Nearly a month after her release her visuals are finally as they should be. Still, happy it's here at all, all the same. An exception to the "month" rule was very much in order.

If unclear, the "month rule": You guys [DE] have a bad habit of seeming to forget about a frame's existence about a month after it comes out, leaving players to stew on the imperfections for a very long time before even looking in its direction again. 

Can we get a fix for the sigma and octantis taking some traits from the cobra and crane and throwing enemies up in the air while it does its regular stagger as well? They just shoot straight up and down right now, and it makes the executions a bit difficult as, you know, they are above you, and then land and exit the stagger. Also just looks janky as hell.

That would be upon the throw attack, by the way.

Archived