[DE]Megan

PSA - PC Server Upgrades Commencing

2 hours ago, Darkviolator666 said:

Not being able to inv players ;

XXX appears to be offline. 

Relogging doesn't solve the issue.

If you can chat with him but cant inv it's probably because he/she is using dnd mode. Ask the other person to use "/online" and then try again.

Are we getting Limbo Skin & Tileset Rework 2019?

No reason for load repairs, if not new content right?

Edited by -Platinum-
  • Like 1
  • Woah 1

2 hours ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

will you ever introduce dedicated server connections between players,

i think you now have enough money to ditch the terrible peer 2 peer implemenation.

Honestly the nature of the game, and the insane performance requirements that warframe requires make a client-server architecture totally untenable at scale.

The problem you're seeing is that people have wonky connections, but this is a much better option than *everyone* having a wonky connection during peak load times.  This is not like other MMO's you may be used to. Things happen *very* quickly and there is a tremendous amount of data that is being shared that you really don't even think about. The pure physics alone is a ton of data, no other MMO has to engage the same physics model that warframe does.

As an example.. when you fire a shotgun, each pellet in the burst is counted individually. In a client-server model, it would break down considerably after even moderate load.

The peer-to-peer implementation in Warframe really is state-of-the-art when it comes to distributed computing. It doesn't sound like it lives up to your expectations, but you might want to consider that there are more issues at stake than what you're considering, and what the drawbacks are to doing it differently. The grass always grows greener over the septic tank.

• Applause 1

Good news! Hopefully this will fix the network not responding and that you lose the item you selected after finishing a relic, sure you get the item that was in your relic in an inbox message. But I lost today 2 rare items because of it...

and you lose your exp earned in that run

Edited by maddima

2 hours ago, MasterGreybeard said:

Honestly the nature of the game, and the insane performance requirements that warframe requires make a client-server architecture totally untenable at scale.

The problem you're seeing is that people have wonky connections, but this is a much better option than *everyone* having a wonky connection during peak load times.  This is not like other MMO's you may be used to. Things happen *very* quickly and there is a tremendous amount of data that is being shared that you really don't even think about. The pure physics alone is a ton of data, no other MMO has to engage the same physics model that warframe does.

As an example.. when you fire a shotgun, each pellet in the burst is counted individually. In a client-server model, it would break down considerably after even moderate load.

The peer-to-peer implementation in Warframe really is state-of-the-art when it comes to distributed computing. It doesn't sound like it lives up to your expectations, but you might want to consider that there are more issues at stake than what you're considering, and what the drawbacks are to doing it differently. The grass always grows greener over the septic tank.

I think Bungie ( Destiny 1 and 2 ) and Ubisoft ( Division ) would like to have a word with you.

Warframe isn't any more MMO than Destiny or The Division.  They are all lobby games with max.4 people per mission instance ( 6 for Destiny Raids ).

Yet both Bungie and Ubisoft use hosted servers for these games and they are a heck more stable than with Warframe. I never experienced that many disconnects, host migration and lag issues in those games as with Warframe.  Sure they had those issues in the beginning when the game was new during launch period, but after that it was rock solid.

• Like 1
  • Woah 2

Swazdo-lah fellow tenno just want to say that what you are doing is slowing down the server so expect some lag also can you plaz fix the bug where plains of edilon fiish spawn inside of the walls thanks - your tenno friend

20 minutes ago, St4rPlatinum said:

Awesome.

Emergency upgrades? Are you foreshadowing at a large update coming in? Railjack?

This. I wonder why it's "emergency" upgrades?

xD *fingers crossed*

hace 1 hora, (NSW)Jeronan dijo:

I think Bungie ( Destiny 1 and 2 ) and Ubisoft ( Division ) would like to have a word with you.

Warframe isn't any more MMO than Destiny or The Division.  They are all lobby games with max.4 people per mission instance ( 6 for Destiny Raids ).

Yet both Bungie and Ubisoft use hosted servers for these games and they are a heck more stable than with Warframe. I never experienced that many disconnects, host migration and lag issues in those games as with Warframe.  Sure they had those issues in the beginning when the game was new during launch period, but after that it was rock solid.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1