Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban is in a wheelchair.

Xaxma

Please DE, he badly needs the love of Pablo Christ. That pitiful change to his 1 effectively did nothing to help him. His Minelayer is absolute garbage and nonexistent, none of them remotely useful or reliable. His 3 is outclassed and was strangely nerfed even though he brings no damage in anyway. His 4 is just a more expensive version of his 3 that covers even less space.

And while I'm at it, why does he have literally the same animation for every ability? Why bombs? Why can't he build things like Torbyorn turrets or some TF2 style engineer dispenser? You can go crazy with the idea of this guy since he's the "engineer frame" but you settle on 4th of July poppet bombs!

• Like 13

Just now, (PS4)ZERO_ghost90 said:

Oh god, that represents exactly the situation of vauban, even the art style represents perfectly how the developers see him, a really deep drawing

Thanks man.. I really put my heart and soul into it. I'm glad I found someone who understands Vauban the same way I do.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Pablo doesn't seem to have any interest doing a Vauban rework if his twitter is any indication.

After seeing his comment in another forum about working on Vauban the next time he had tacos, I actually opened his twitch page and waited till he started to stream before asking him if it was indeed true. Sadly he claimed it was a troll, since warframe players apparently troll all the time, and was directed to Rebecca to find out anything about a future rework. Very very sad in my opinion especially since it actually annoyed a few players considering the state Vauban is in. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

The only good mine he has is the zappy one because you can cover your unfortunate teammates with them and watch the lightshow, Vauban NEEDS turrets in his kit, nuff said

They are called Tesla. Use them as ther are your vauban turret.

Or idk suggest something good that isn't better done with a new frame that can do an exaulted 😠

13 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Vauban NEEDS turrets in his kit, nuff said

As strongly as I agree that Vauban needs help, I seriously do not understand why everyone’s go-to suggestion is “Hey let’s give him the most generic, most overused ability that every other engineer class in every other video game has.” 

He already has a stationary damage ability. I would rather see Tesla be made useful than have him get Generic Engineer Ability #1. 

31 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

As strongly as I agree that Vauban needs help, I seriously do not understand why everyone’s go-to suggestion is “Hey let’s give him the most generic, most overused ability that every other engineer class in every other video game has.” 

The idea mostly stems I believe from the fact that Vauban is modeled after an ACTUAL engineer thus creating a connection between current engineer archetypes found in other games mentally. Example they hear he's DE engineer frame thus make him like other engineers! It's just that simple. There is also the idea that engineers usually have zone denial with said turrets which fits Vauban's CC M.O.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

They are called Tesla. Use them as ther are your vauban turret.

35 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

He already has a stationary damage ability. I would rather see Tesla be made useful than have him get Generic Engineer Ability #1. 

Tesla damage even at max power strength is garbage and is mainly used for trolling (a Volt covered in Tesla is a sight to behold) or the small damage and stun it procs at low level. Also how is a turret any MORE generic then a small flashy grenade that occasionally shocks targets? Im genuinely curious. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, zen625 said:

-snip-

Again this response is literally "its bad so replace it with something functionally identical."

There lies the problem. Instead of buffing what is there so its good you want it replaced with something that functions exactly like it but looks differantly

If you think for a second that will be any better you are missing the problem entirely. 

If its too weak buff it, base damage of 1000 would be good without being op. They change the look of it without addressing the dps and you are back where you started. Its much easier to alter what is already there than doing something from scratch.

• Like 1

Unpopular Opinion

Vauban isn't bad.

Just prolly doesn't fit whatever content people want him to fit. Same thing with Nyx and now she's been destroyed. Vauban has to work harder for his CC but he still does it well. Some players like more interactive frames. Don't get me wrong Tesla / Shred aren't worth using but he's hardly the only frame with a dud ability. I'll take a Vauban on my team over around half the frame roster but that's how I play and where I play. Suddenly frames have to do damage and strip armor to be useful when that's what weapons are for.

• Like 2

Keep in mind that vauban continues to be in good shape, it all depends on the player, don't expect to use him more often, to increase efficiency or be more helpfull just because a few changes are made.

Players have a bigger role when it comes to that, not buffs, this means that if you don't use his kit properly or you just strugle with him, you will remain in that state despite any changes.

Requesting buffs is a common thing, but you won't go far if you really depend on them to succeed.

3 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

The saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" can be applied here. When you think of a engineer in a videogame the first thing that comes to mind are turrets and most players enjoy micromanaging them so there's little reason not to give Vauban a set of actual turrets. Imagine being able to lock down choke points with a flamethrower turret or give your team some sniper cover with a long range laser turret or something, it would be fun and effective imo

• Like 1