Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need advice for gaming mouse

mctimber

Hello,

1st, not really if this the good place to post this, so tell me where to move.

Issue: My 5y old razer NAGA broke last week.

Solution: Order a new one!

Sooo... I'm not as much into gaming as used to. I not sure what to choose, that why I ask for advice.

Condition: 

• Less than 70€ or 100€ max
  • Good for gaming but not to pro (I grind Warframe, 1 week every 2-3 month). I play mostly FPS and RPG. 
  • I would love to have enough side bouton for all the skill. Naga got 12 but I don't play MMO so 9 are useless.
  • I prefer USB than wireless, 5y ago it was better because of some lag. is it still  true ?

Thanks folks

Good evening

I really like my Logitech G502.

• Should be within your price range.
  • Great DPI options, ability to adjust it between 3 levels with buttons, and feels nice on the hand.
  • Only has 2 side buttons, but that's pretty standard. I use em for alt-fire and transference.
  • Is USB.

I think overall the advantage to USB mice is simply not needing to worry about batteries. IDK what the actual signal speeds are, but I think wired being faster than wireless is applicable as a general rule. You probably wouldn't notice the difference in most cases though...

Thanks

Yeah, I saw this one at a friend house, I look and feel very nice. BUT I must admit that the side buttons missing is a big turn off. Being able to focus on "offense" with the mouse and "moving" with the keyboard, change the way I play.

The past week was kinda hard because I can't find the right skills buttons XD.

19 hours ago, mctimber said:

Issue: My 5y old razer NAGA broke last week.

Solution: Order a new one!

If you really like the Naga and still have some use for the 10-key side plate, I'd look at the Naga Trinity. 

It's the latest riff on the Naga paradigm and has swappable side plates: one 10-key, one two-button, and one the so-called MOBA radial 7-button. 

I mostly use the two-button setup in WF, but use the others in different games. 

In all other respects, it's the tried and true Naga. 

Yeah, but the naga trinity is like 120e and I don't want to put that much money in a mouse.

I think, I will go with the logitech, the last brand of G502 look ok. It piss me of that they believe I want to pay 30e on new model because of RGB led.

So I'll try to find some second hand or sale, to get it cheaper.

Thanks both of you for the answers

I use a Logitech M705. As you'll note upon looking this mouse up, it's not a gaming mouse.

Pros: Optimal response time and polling frequency for top-tier gameplay; battery life; comfort; non-intrusive extra buttons.

Cons: The extra buttons are only useful for mitigating other buttons in your mashing routine; I map the thumb back button to be the MMB so that I can keep both fingers on RMB/LMB always. The thumb buttons cannot function as "Mouse 6" or "Mouse 7" inputs, only mapped as an existing key function.