Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Io 2.3.1 (New planet) Order of Frames, Skyfire Protocol, Unity

BlackDiamondAce

• 4 weeks later...

where have I been?  working my job, writing some books (publishing some as soon as I can finish editing them), and doing work on a table top project with my friends.  Good news: with me finally being back from vacation to the grand canyon, I am ready to roll out Io 2.2, the Slab and VMZ rework... when it will be done... hopefully soon, but with Tennocon coming up, please be patient as I go to enjoy the festivities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

really hung up on fishing.  since it seems you need fishing and mining for an open world... problem is, what kind of water system in the vmz/what kind of fish in them?

(reason 3 on why I haven't done anything)

Well the problem there is that Jupiter is supposedly made out of nothing but gas. Think Saturn is too, which is why the tile sets are on ships and meteors. Not the planets themselves. So fishing and mining is not possible.

HOWEVER. I am picturing something like little flying half sentient drones, kind of like Fortuna Robotic fish, that fly around and you have to catch them with like a net. And maybe instead of mining, you find some sort of gas molecules that you have to absorb into some sort of container. Basically could lead to building more half sentient styled weapons. Maybe someone similar to or part of the quills would be able to dissect the little sentient flies(basically) to use for unique resources. 

But a Jupiter Open World is way too complicated. Wouldn’t be an open world. More like a Jupiter City Utopia. And Alad V doesn’t take kindly to the people unwilling to engage or accept his greedy, power hungry, mad ideals. 

Instead of some underground basement or native village. It would be a legit City with tall buildings and stuff. I could see moments of having a chase throughout the city. Be like a Hulk/Spiderman styled mission that requires climbing/leaping tall buildings to get to certain way points. And our job is to get rid of intruders or push back the corpus/amalgam forces that try to break into the city. Maybe could even have like a big fortified wall too. 

Maybe some sort of giant in ground pool or Lake could be built for their way of having water. But some how little half sentient looking fishes began to show up. Maybe part of a quest is catching them all from one of the water locations and cleaning the water supply? Maybe turns out that the Amalgams weren’t the only things tricky Alad V made. 

Idk. I’m just throwing a bunch of stuff up there. But doubt that another corpus styled OW is gonna be made. The next logical OW is for infested. But doesn’t mean these ideas can’t help DE plan for something even further down the line.

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

2 minutes ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Well the problem there is that Jupiter is supposedly made out of nothing but gas. Think Saturn is too, which is why the tile sets are on ships and meteors. Not the planets themselves. So fishing and mining is not possible.

HOWEVER. I am picturing something like little flying half sentient drones, kind of like Fortuna Robotic fish, that fly around and you have to catch them with like a net. And maybe instead of mining, you find some sort of gas molecules that you have to absorb into some sort of container. Basically could lead to building more half sentient styled weapons. Maybe someone similar to or part of the quills would be able to dissect the little sentient flies(basically) to use for unique resources. 

But a Jupiter Open World is way too complicated. Wouldn’t be an open world. More like a Jupiter City Utopia. And Alad V doesn’t take kindly to the people unwilling to engage or accept his greedy, power hungry, mad ideals. 

Instead of some underground basement or native village. It would be a legit City with y’all buildings and stuff. I could moments of having a chase throughout the city. Be like a Hulk/Spiderman styled mission that requires climbing/leaping tall buildings to get to certain way points. And our job is to get rid of intruders or push back the corpus/amalgam forces that try to break into the city. Maybe could even have like a big fortified wall too. 

Maybe some sort of giant in ground pool or Lake could be built for their way of having water. But some how little half sentient looking fishes began to show up. Maybe part of a quest is catching them all from one of the water locations and cleaning the water supply? Maybe turns out that the Amalgams weren’t the only things tricky Alad V made. 

Idk. I’m just throwing a bunch of stuff up there. But doubt that another corpus styled OW is gonna be made. The next logical OW is for infested. But doesn’t mean these ideas can’t help DE plan for something even further down the line.

At the current moment on this post Io is a varied region planet fueled by vulcanism, its open world is in the process of being overhauled into only the Volcanic Mountain Zone or the VMZ.  Io is a planet under this endeavor, not just Jupiter's mission tile.  Please read the current front page for what goes on on Io, its outdated due to the 2.2 rework update hopefully dropping soon.

sorry to throw shade, but doesn't even look like you read the post.

1 hour ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

But doubt that another corpus styled OW is gonna be made.

Which is relevant because? If fanconcepts were limited to things that "are gonna be made", it would be an empty space.

This subforum is for fun and theorycrafting, not to suggest actually reasonable ideas to implement to the game. There is the "Feedback" section for that, you might wanna go there.

Also, I doubt you've read a single word of this thread before commenting. What Jupiter open world are you talking about? This thread is about an open world on Io, not Jupiter...

• 2 weeks later...

so, not going to lie, picked up witcher 3 recently and its eaten my time more than its should.  to boot I finally have figured what the 2nd warframe should be on Io.  Bringing back a classic frame, if you search archives you'll find it.  Ysmir.  Although with a new name and power design ideology.  Avzla, master of steel, root, fire, and ice.  more to come soon, once I put down the Witcher 3 and push towards the 2.2 stuff, just getting back to school is taking president 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

update: school got back in and well, need to make sure my time is managed properly, although I should have now better dedicated time to working on things.  also I have a browser virus that just wont be scrubbed clean, so i'm constantly having to reset my default browser and its pretty awful.

Had a look over the post seens interesting. The infested orikin defense system sounds like a good boss fight ( a mechanics based fight instead of dps race). Taking down a massive infested machine by fighting it from the outside and from the inside sonds awesome. 

But the warframe needs some work.

The passive is realy good. Simple, unique and relevant gameplay wise.

The 1 is a grenede. It OK. Nothing impressive but nothing wrong either.

The 2 is defenaive buff. (Also the numbers are probably underpowered)

The 3 is a defensive buff as well.( once again the numbers are I underpowered)

The 4 is lose the defense for a offensive buff. ( the idea behind this is good but I'm not sure about the execution).

If you tell me what you had in mind when you designed this frame, I might ne able to help you improve his kit.

17 hours ago, keikogi said:

Had a look over the post seens interesting. The infested orikin defense system sounds like a good boss fight ( a mechanics based fight instead of dps race). Taking down a massive infested machine by fighting it from the outside and from the inside sonds awesome. 

But the warframe needs some work.

The passive is realy good. Simple, unique and relevant gameplay wise.

The 1 is a grenede. It OK. Nothing impressive but nothing wrong either.

The 2 is defenaive buff. (Also the numbers are probably underpowered)

The 3 is a defensive buff as well.( once again the numbers are I underpowered)

The 4 is lose the defense for a offensive buff. ( the idea behind this is good but I'm not sure about the execution).

If you tell me what you had in mind when you designed this frame, I might ne able to help you improve his kit.

I didnt want to reply to this right away, namely because I have been the epitome of that gif where the cat scoots forward and back readying for a jump but not taking it.  Sambor is supposed to be a rifleman tank, able to scrape up and take hits, but also not being as in your face as Inaros or Nidus who excel in close combat where as Sambor is supposed to be the midfight, able to handle the front when it comes, but otherwise staying best from the direct fight.  from my own notes, i have changed entirely the 4th ability to just being a refuse to die like ability, and also the flavor text of the third removing the damage resistance but increasing healing potential.  reason why i was wholly on the fence on replying is YUSH! im actually updating Io to 2.2 

4 minutes ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

I didnt want to reply to this right away, namely because I have been the epitome of that gif where the cat scoots forward and back readying for a jump but not taking it.  Sambor is supposed to be a rifleman tank, able to scrape up and take hits, but also not being as in your face as Inaros or Nidus who excel in close combat where as Sambor is supposed to be the midfight, able to handle the front when it comes, but otherwise staying best from the direct fight.  from my own notes, i have changed entirely the 4th ability to just being a refuse to die like ability, and also the flavor text of the third removing the damage resistance but increasing healing potential.  reason why i was wholly on the fence on replying is YUSH! im actually updating Io to 2.2 

Now I know what are you looking for gameplay wise, but theme wise. I've noticed he has bit of animal motife. What did youy had in mind?

4 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Now I know what are you looking for gameplay wise, but theme wise. I've noticed he has bit of animal motife. What did youy had in mind?

imagine a cowboy/bandit with twin bandoleer of double roped chains and spikes coming off in some places

also this meh quality doodle i did on my way to Tennocon (why did the forums rotate it?)

image0.jpg(medium, pen on a napkin)

Edited by BlackDiamondAce

Here is my picth for a Sambor kit

No longer has quills on his base visual

Passive stays the same

1.[PH] Spike Shield/ Spike lash

1- Holding one will consume energy to create quills around his body. Maximum of quills 100. For each quills Sambor has 0.5 % (affected by power strength, caps at 0.75% ) damage reduction. Each time Sambor takes damage a quill falls of but Sambor cannot lose more than 5 quills per second. If sambor has quills available , rolling into enemies will deal damage 3 damage per quill (scales with melee mods and power strength)

Taping one will throw quills into the enemies, these quills will disarm enemies. Cost 1 quill per disarmed enemy

2- Pickpocket/ Scavenged goods

Pick Pocket

Sambo throws one of his chains, this chain will pick up something the target enemy has. Sambor will fashion the stolen goods into one of his gadgets. Sambor cannot pickpocket again until he uses his scavenged good.

Scavenged Goods

If the enemy had food- sambor creates a threat and throws it upwards. His unique condroc companion will pick up the treat and join his master into the battle. IF the condroc was already in the field the treat will fully heal and receive a increased damage bonus.

If the enemy had grenades- sambor will upgrade the grandee into his custom flashbang grenade. This grenade will blind all enemies on a 15 meters radius.

If the enemy had extra munitions- sambor will upgrade those into his custom extra powder shells increasing the Impact/Slash/Piercing damage of his ranged weapons by 100% and their projectile speed by 30%.

If the enemy had power cells – sambor will fashion it into his custom energy shield, drops it and the shield works like this

tumblr_m5y8d20opI1ryjk8ao1_400.gif

3. Salt the wounds

Heals Sambor for 50%(affected by power strength, caps at 75) of the lost health. After the heal , reduces healing received by 50% and gives status imunity for 15 seconds. Idk why (just wanted to trow in more buffs , I will come up with something that makes more sense later )Sambor also becomes salty and receives increased reload and holstering speed.

4.I've run out of Ideas, maybe I will come up with something later

If you like this let me know.

Edited by keikogi

There's a lot of phenomenal suggested content here to comment on! For the time being, based on our exchanges so far and the OP's suggested abilities on Discord, my suggestion for Sambor:

• Passive - Evader: Sambor is untargetable while rolling.
    • Notes: the added range and ability to reload can stay, but neither are liable to stick out on their own, whereas something like a fully-fledged fighting game dodge roll would have a better chance.
  • 1 - Surprise: Sambor throws an explosive that sticks to the target, whether enemy or scenery, and highlights itself and nearby enemies through walls. Shooting the explosive deals Blast damage, modified by Power Strength and the triggering weapon's mods, with guaranteed Blast status.
    • Notes: As discussed on Discord, scaling damage is likely to work better than flat damage in this situation for a mini-nuke, and marking stuff to shoot for a one-two combo is likely to be more unique and interactive than just throwing out a bomb.
  • 2 - Razorback: When first activated, Sambor absorbs all nearby projectiles and attacks for a duration, generating metal thorns from each hit that grant bonus armor, and cause Sambor to deal Slash damage with guaranteed status to enemies he comes into contact with. These thorns persist after the duration, and when the ability is reactivated, Sambor pulls all nearby enemies and Surprise bombs towards himself, consuming the thorns afterwards.
    • Notes: I kinda like keikogi's idea of generating quills/thorns, and in this version it would be an alternative way of generating the armor/Slash damage mentioned in the original ability. Ideally, the effect should synergize with Sambor's passive, so that he can generate Thorns from dodging attacks as well.
  • 3 - Stitch: Sambor heals himself instantly for a portion of his maximum health and cleanses himself of physical status effects, while causing himself to lose health over time. The health drain stacks, and while it is active, subsequent casts of Stitch provide increasingly reduced healing. Costs no Energy.
    • Notes: I think it's cool for a bandit/trapper frame to have a quick-and-easy instant heal and self-cleanse on demand with a longer-term tradeoff. While I wouldn't want to discourage others from healing Sambor, I do think it would make for interesting ability management if he himself had diminishing returns from overusing his own healing, hence the self-DoT (which should be stretched out over longer periods with Duration) and reduction.
  • 4 - Grit: Grit has two components:
    • While alive, Sambor continually taunts enemies and reflects damage back at them (including damage he dodges while untargeable), with the amount increasing based on his missing health. Reflecting enough damage at any enemy causes them to drop an Energy orb.
    • While downed, Sambor enters a last stand for a duration, remaining immune to damage, staggers, and status, while gaining massively increased attack and reload speed. If Sambor deals enough damage while this is active, he gains a second wind and revives, otherwise he becomes downed again and cannot reactivate Grit.
    • Notes: I really like the idea mentioned on Discord of Sambor delaying death through sheer grit, though at the same time I also feel a toggle that requires reaching 0 health to activate risks running into one of the many issues with Wukong's Defy, in that it would basically have the player leave the ability always on and just gain the effect as a passive with some Energy drain. Because of this, it might be worth giving this ability the unique mechanic of being activated while downed, so that Sambor can then do his thing (and I think the self-revive could be justified given that Sambor needs to take damage, and his healing wouldn't really heal him permanently). Because this leaves him without an ability during regular play, it also could justify having another active when not downed, one that would include elements of both his thorns and stealing from enemies in some way, while encouraging him to get as close to death as possible.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...