Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Io 2.3.1 (New planet) Order of Frames, Skyfire Protocol, Unity

BlackDiamondAce

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright. This is a very developed idea. I do wish you had links to your Frame ideas if you have posted them else where on the forum.

It may be worth it to include a description of the Railjack content for the Io as well.

I feel that [DE] is resisting expanding the Star Map because of the amount of content creep that it will put on them. I would love to have all the bodies in the solar system to have there own setting, or at least an explanation of what happened to them. The idea that the infestation is running around the Keiper* belt unchecked. What would they have made of it since the Orokin fell?

21 hours ago, Lukarith said:

Alright. This is a very developed idea. I do wish you had links to your Frame ideas if you have posted them else where on the forum.

It may be worth it to include a description of the Railjack content for the Io as well.

I feel that [DE] is resisting expanding the Star Map because of the amount of content creep that it will put on them. I would love to have all the bodies in the solar system to have there own setting, or at least an explanation of what happened to them. The idea that the infestation is running around the Keiper* belt unchecked. What would they have made of it since the Orokin fell?

I havent gotten to the railjack stuff, though i also still havent gotten to the mission tiles.  Part of it is within the quest that will play out, Operation Skyfire, which is the Ioan campaign to finally deal that blow they need to cut the corpus away from Io.  there still is a veritable depth that can be plunged around the systems, what DE needs to do is simply make it connect more thoroughly.  As for the frames, i should probably have each of them on their own page so i can do more than blurb them here.  More to come soon, but PAX South is coming up, and i'll be busys for a while.

actually i'll make a blurb for each warframe including a bit of a general idea of their entry cine.

Edited by BlackDiamondAce

50 minutes ago, BlackDiamondAce said:

there still is a veritable depth that can be plunged around the systems, what DE needs to do is simply make it connect more thoroughly.  As for the frames, i should probably have each of them on their own page so i can do more than blurb them here.  More to come soon, but PAX South is coming up, and i'll be busys for a while.

I am not disagreeing that there is plenty of room for new stuff and new stories. I am hoping that the stroy telling is going to ramp up again, now that there is a whole new layer to the Star Map system.

As far connecting story lines, the mission use to be laid out like that for events like defection and Operation: Shadow Debt used to function. I would be interested in seeing more story missions in the game, it would just depend on how DE wants the player to move through the setting. Story missions makes the PCs the heroes, while something like nightwave makes NPCs like the Wolf of Saturn the (anti)hero. 

And by busy from PAX, do you mean as a developer? If so, very nice.

On 2020-01-16 at 5:09 PM, Lukarith said:

I am not disagreeing that there is plenty of room for new stuff and new stories. I am hoping that the stroy telling is going to ramp up again, now that there is a whole new layer to the Star Map system.

As far connecting story lines, the mission use to be laid out like that for events like defection and Operation: Shadow Debt used to function. I would be interested in seeing more story missions in the game, it would just depend on how DE wants the player to move through the setting. Story missions makes the PCs the heroes, while something like nightwave makes NPCs like the Wolf of Saturn the (anti)hero. 

And by busy from PAX, do you mean as a developer? If so, very nice.

the expectation for above the planet normal missions was for crossfire type missions: sabotage, exterminates, spy, interception; in the style of the missions over mars during the Gradivus Dilema/Conflict.  in rail jack it would be attacking key corpus installations in space over the planet as well as keeping grineer entrants from saturn from trying to take over Io.  on the planet outside of the VMZ there would be disruption and defection missions on the swamp-jungle mission tiles.

I was the enforcer staff for PAX, basically keeping things rolling.  I'm hoping to get a job after an upcoming game jam.  for now i work on this in my freetime and hope DE senpai notices me.  thanks for being a cool dude tho!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this pandemic has broken my motivation and creativity, and the school semester has gone into crunch, sorry its between months and no tangible updates, I feel drained, dead, and i'm worried if im getting sick...

I've been making non-warframe concepts in the form of dnd homebrews, and a few Destiny 2 Exotic weapons.  To make up for the lack of Io progress, here is one of the Destiny 2 Exotics I've been making at 3 in the morning because my depression keeps me from sleeping.  I'll forgo adding its lore

The Gypsy Bard - Void secondary shotgun.
exotic effect: Gypsy Tambourine: fires two shells worth of ammo on a burst (graviton lance burst speed) second shot makes an audible crack like the slap of a tambourine. penetrating damage type special effect
1: Harmonization Leader: affects allied exotics to produce music depending on the specific exotic weapon (will make a list later), broken shields drop orbs of light special effect
2: Resilient Mother: while your shields are broken, ability cooldowns are halved, killing enemies about to kill allies refill the magazine and grant the ally full shields
standard effects Surrounded, Dragonfly

statwise its somewhere between the parcel of stardust and perfect paradox.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

School got back in, i know there hasnt been updates in a while...  I almost let this get archived.  Io is still a passion project for me, but currently I just do not have the energy to work on it like it used to; especially with 18 hours currently for the semester and getting back into regular streaming. 

• 1 month later...

working towards my final projects and stuff, hate to get a short burst of life then die immediately.  I am trying to get a writing job at the moment, and as much as i love to do fan work, getting paid for it never hurt.  I'm considering doodling up the frames, so; maybe when im not dying of stress we'll get some art :

• 1 month later...