Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal Mission bug - legs won't break (still) on Nintendo Switch

Just got a Switch for Xmas and was thrilled to find Warframe. Having a ton of fun -except- I'm stuck in Venus because the bug with the Fossa mission / Jackal being unbeatable (unbreakable legs) was ported to the Switch. Searching all the forums this seems to have been an ongoing issue with multiple platforms. Is there any plan to hotfix the Switch version - or do they even know what causes it to happen? Is it completely random? A combination of mods that triggers it? 

This is really frustrating being a Warframe noob and having to combat not only new game mechanics but this weird bug as well. (you can say "well what do you want for free?" now.)

Any tips on how to -not- trigger the bug so I can move on with the game? (Don't say you need to shoot the legs, then shoot the head. Got that, watched the videos. This is after shooting all the legs and the Jackal just stands there with health at ZERO calling me pathetic.)

Thanks!

Edited by (NSW)crispygarlicchicken

18 minutes ago, (NSW)crispygarlicchicken said:

or do they even know what causes it to happen? Is it completely random? A combination of mods that triggers it?

Normally it is projectile based weapons that cause it; things like arrows from bows, or bolts shot by a boltor/bolto, or other things like Excalibur's radial javelin those types of things.

We have theorized that it may be due to the hit box of the projectiles getting stuck in the legs or body, which is causing it to freak out and can't decide what phase (fallen or standing) it is on and so just becomes invincible. However, we don't know for sure.

If you want to fight it, i recommend hit-scan weapons; like the braton or the strun shotgun; both of which can be bought with credits from the market and aim for a single leg, preferably one of the front ones as they have larger hitboxes to the back legs, and then aim for the head when it falls down. Best of luck.

3 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

If you want to fight it, i recommend hit-scan weapons; like the braton or the strun shotgun; both of which can be bought with credits from the market and aim for a single leg, preferably one of the front ones as they have larger hitboxes to the back legs, and then aim for the head when it falls down. Best of luck.

Thanks for the info! I've tried both the braton and strun and managed to get it to go down on one leg but once it came up again, that was it - no going down again so I had to abort. 

Will have to buy a Lato and try with that as well, but I'm not hopeful. 😭