Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New freee roams worlds ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(XBOX)xLegoman2005

Open-world maps are a money pit, as far as I'm concerned. Their cost of investment is MASSIVE compared to the relatively little body of content they actually offer. Worse, they come at the expense of randomisation AND introduce the sort of commute most games would skip via a fast-travel feature. That, and I'm not convinced the Warframe infrastructure is really very well-suited for maps of that size. Weapon handling - spread, recoil, scope zoom, etc. - seem better-suited to close-quarters combat, stability and performance don't seem to handle the larger maps very well, LOD is pretty terrible with the longer sight ranges, that sort of thing. Ultimately, I see them as a novelty. Yeah, it's cool to actually USE our Archwings every so often and the fishing/mining/conservation can be fun, but for how long? The maps aren't even all that compelling, as points of interest are spaced out by long stretches of nothing.

If DE want to keep doing open-world stuff, then more power to them. I'd rather they populated their existing barren-world maps with more interesting content before they go drop another empty space for us to try and make our own fun in. And no, throwing more stuff to earn in there isn't the right choice, either.

18 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

He's a kid. 

He's a squid.

Seriously though: Hard NO to open worlds. They tend to - and DE keeps in line with this trend - to be open spaces of nothing. And that's the thing I've come to expect from the stamp "open world". Furthermore are we not talking about an actual open world, but about a large map. What I used to expect on hearing open world, is a travelling system towards physical locations of the missions with a seamless transition into them.

An open world should be about what you can do with it, who you can encounter and how you travel in and out. Not just a large map.

Good Lord...

I'm willing to bet the 2005 in his name is his birth year because that definitely reads like something a 13/14 year old would write.

The fact that he wants pewdiepie/markiplier/jacksepticeye to start doing letsplays of it, yeah op is for sure a 13 year old.

Edited by Sovereign991
  • Like 2

Gonna take a hard pass on another "open world" since the landscapes they already have are boring and lifeless af,  populated so scarecely with wildlife you could be forgiven for thinking there isnt any.  Which lets face it,  a rat and a bird arent much to go by for wildlife.  Theres also no sidequests which open worlds primarily are popular for,  and theres no neutral npcs about doing their thing other than the quest giver.  

Nope definitely dont want or need another one,  especially with how mucj time they take to make and how little frame viability there actually is there to be efficient in what little content there is there

• Like 1

One thing that urks me is the bigger tubers don't get the game. All 1 post about the hover boards, and then they joke around in gear that was obviously bought and not earned. None of their videos highlight the full scope of the game (beyond the new and shiny). I'm not speaking about Wf partners, and long time creator's.

After they finish what's on their plate right now.( Most of 2019) then start working on another round of huge content. 

My idea for actual end game open world. It should be difficult though being one of the last planets (until tao).Hey when I joined the new content was chains of harrow. Lol

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hellhound1637 said:

One thing that urks me is the bigger tubers don't get the game..

It's almost like a lot of those ridiculously large youtubers are all flash and no substance. Hmmmm. 🤔

Edited by Hobie-wan

41 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Wait for tenno con. If there is a pattern, we will have a new world.

They said on devstream today that they're not planning any big surprises like a new open world for Tennocon.

Instead they're planning for several smaller surprises relating to the loose roadmap for this year. Which to our knowledge, don't involve an open world.

Just now, Loza03 said:

They said on devstream today that they're not planning any big surprises like a new open world for Tennocon.

Instead they're planning for several smaller surprises relating to the loose roadmap for this year. Which to our knowledge, don't involve an open world.

Haven't watched it yet. Was at work when they streamed.

On 2019-01-18 at 2:55 PM, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Wait for tenno con. If there is a pattern, we will have a new world.

Maybe not so much this year, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Actually, it was kind of a red flag of mine that DE launched into talking about a July Conference in the middle of January rather than upcoming content for Winter / Spring 2019.

Also, DE has a habit of plopping something down, fixing only the most heinous of bugs, and then moving on to something entirely unrelated. It's as if DE revolutionized the wheel, built a market around their product, won a bunch of awards, then announced null support for their tires and plans to design a hoverboard!? DE created one of the most gorgoeus plains / steppes locations in gaming, the seeds for great grineer / tribal / godzilla three way conflict, and they toss it like an old lightsaber. DE needs to do to more intensively do to gameplay the same TLC they've given to old tilesets.

I haven't even read this whole thread, so forgive me if this is the umpteenth time you've heard this. 

Open free roam areas are awesome and are welcome additions to the game that I really enjoy. But free roam areas need to not be the staple in this game - it's a Horde shooter. I'm much more excited to see the tau system, sentient tilesets, new maps, new warframes, the like. If they release a new open world every couple years, then so be it. But I just want more tilesets variety and new factions. Like these duviri guys? Oh boy that looks neat. 

• Like 1

was thinking the same thing but instead of just opening up a whole new area, there could be new enemies and bounties, alerts and rework fo the rewards and enemies that are already avaliable in the solar system, especially of mars and cetus plains, and its surrounding forests and cities, . fortuna just came out, its not likely that you will see new openworlds for a while, your better off buying a different game until this happens, i agree there should be new syndicates and monsters, and weapons that are themed after mars, aliens, and crab peopel too.

On 2019-01-21 at 7:02 PM, (PS4)LordBartimus said:

I haven't even read this whole thread, so forgive me if this is the umpteenth time you've heard this. 

Open free roam areas are awesome and are welcome additions to the game that I really enjoy. But free roam areas need to not be the staple in this game - it's a Horde shooter. I'm much more excited to see the tau system, sentient tilesets, new maps, new warframes, the like. If they release a new open world every couple years, then so be it. But I just want more tilesets variety and new factions. Like these duviri guys? Oh boy that looks neat. 

whats a tileset?

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 3:36 AM, Ekemeister said:

Maybe not so much this year, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Actually, it was kind of a red flag of mine that DE launched into talking about a July Conference in the middle of January rather than upcoming content for Winter / Spring 2019.

Also, DE has a habit of plopping something down, fixing only the most heinous of bugs, and then moving on to something entirely unrelated. It's as if DE revolutionized the wheel, built a market around their product, won a bunch of awards, then announced null support for their tires and plans to design a hoverboard!? DE created one of the most gorgoeus plains / steppes locations in gaming, the seeds for great grineer / tribal / godzilla three way conflict, and they toss it like an old lightsaber. DE needs to do to more intensively do to gameplay the same TLC they've given to old tilesets.

As a bit of a side part of me hopes that at some point they go back to the open worlds and give them something. The plains feels empty save the enemies in a few spots. The wild life is few to none and it doesn't feel like there is enough to do.

For Fortuna its much of the same except with the added GTA aspect of "you play solo or you will always be wanted because scrub wants to fight everything".

As much as I want an open world on each planet I want the two we have to feel more... well I'm not sure full maybe? They just seams a bit lack luster but then they are the first open worlds and on starting planets. I hope they get better as they go (because I'm sure that Fortuna isn't going to be the last open world though they may take a break)

Imo they should not add more open world zones although they already plan to do so. This content is very large, but seemingly empty. Bounties never change. You eventually get to a point where you never need to go back. DE wkll not add stuff to previous open worlds when working on new stuff all the time.

Why waste so much time and money on a temporary piece of content? It would be better to work on content people will be doing for years to come or improving existing systems. More importantly its foundation.